Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Short circuit if
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Short circuit if Post 302871239 by gio001 on Tuesday 5th of November 2013 06:09:32 PM
Old 11-05-2013
Short circuit if

Hello everyone,
just wondering if this type of if condition will execute properly.
Suppose I have a script with two functions in it called abc and def:
is this code valid, or is there a better way to short circuit the if statement?
Code:
#! /bin/ksh93
abc(){
statement 1 using $1
statement 2 using $2
statement 3
}
def(){
statement 1 using $1
statement 2
}
test=0
p1=1
p2=2
((test==0))&& abc $p1 $p2 && def $1

Thanks to all!

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

short notice

Im getting stumped on one of my unix problems. Im a college student taking unix and for one of my assignments I am to write a few programs. I done the programs but on one of them I have to modify it by using sed instead of a while do loop. here's the while loop while do ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gummiworm
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Short cut for su and cd ?

Situation: I've logged in as ordinary_user1; I can su to common_dev_user; When I su to common_dev_user, I'm taken to the HOME dir of common_dev_user; Everytime I need to cd to a particular folder from here (say like cd /developers/ordinary_user1/code/) This is a repetitive task (su ing and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishmaths
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

protocol failure in circuit setup

Receiving the above error from an application. I narrowed it down to a problem with rsh. If the rsh command is issued too rapidly it fails intermittently. Try this script on your linux box... #!/bin/sh -f for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 do echo $i rsh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kevinl33
1 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

USB Circuit Question

My problem is I need to control a 7 segment LED circuit (currently on a breadboard, eventually on a PCB). The only option I have from my PC is through USB. The circuit I have built on a breadboard uses 7 segment LED's and 4206 decade counters. I have cut a USB cable in half, and am using the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkhusky
2 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

UNIX Circuit Design System

Hi all. In some articles I have read about a "UNIX Circuit Design System", which was written originally in some version of Research UNIX by Sandy Fraser. Here is a quote from the article "A Research UNIX Reader: Annotated Excerpts from the Programmer's Manual", by Douglas McIlroy: Even... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mghis
1 Replies

6. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

Running Turbo-cad and circuit wizard programmes.

Hi. i am new to Linux. i have a Turbo-cad and circuit wizard programme on CD that I want to install and run. I keep getting the message I do not have an auto-run programme. Do I need to install specific drivers for this? What programme do I need? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alfred Kruger
1 Replies