Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need help going from power pc to newer computer! Post 302871049 by Maverick27 on Tuesday 5th of November 2013 11:28:20 AM
Old 11-05-2013
How do you go about checking the error log? Very rusty on Unix Smilie
No fixes were provided, last update was version 5.3 I think. Is there a place to get them?
I also found out our Monitor program is configured for the powerPC only, so I can't transfer it. I guess I am stuck with the Computer I have. So any ways to help diagnose and help it live longer will be appreciated.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar --newer = tar --newer-mtime ?

Hi, I have the following question : As far as I know unix doesn't store file creation dates. Would that imply the following? tar -cvzf backup.tar --newer is equal to: tar -cvzf backup.tar --newer-mtime ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamesbond
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find files newer than...

Is there a way to use the find command to locate files newer than a specific date? Thanks! --Alex (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vertigo23
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with find ! -newer

Hi, I would like to find if a file called test.log is older than 10 min. So i wrote : #!/usr/bin/ksh FICLOG="/home/uuu/result_test.log" FIC="/home/uuu/test.log" touch -t `perl -e 'use POSIX qw(strftime); printf("%s\n",strftime("%m%d%H%M",localtime(time-3600*0.17)));'`... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbfree
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How Can I To Power Off My Computer?

I have a SCO UNIX 5.0.6. and a computer ATX. My Question is: How can i to power off my computer without to push the power button? :confused: Please help me. :( Thanks :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vhabalos
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How Can I To Power Off My Computer?

I have a SCO UNIX 5.0.6. and a computer ATX. My Question is: How can i to power off my computer without to push the power button? :confused: Please help me. :( Thanks :) (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vhabalos
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help with -newer command

Ok, here's the situation: There's a script that runs every day on a UNIX box that collects files. The script has now been changed so that at the start of a new day, the script would create a new folder and then copy files to it for that day. This has put me in a dilema as I have a script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

file1 newer then file2

Hello, I am new to shell scripting and i need to create a script with the following directions and I can not figure it out. Create a shell script called newest.bash that takes two filenames as input arguments ($1 and $2) and prints out the name of the newest file (i.e. the file with the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mandylynn78
1 Replies

8. Linux Benchmarks

Newer PC build.

Just decided to run the benchmark for the heck of it. -Version- Dist: Debian GNU/Linux 8.5 CPU/Speed: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz RAM: DDR4 DRAM 64 GB 3000 MHz CMK64GX4M4B3000C15 MB: Maximus VIII Ranger Bus: 8 sata, 1 M.2 Socket 3 Cache: L2=4 x 256KB, L3=8 MB shared... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bajanine
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy file only if newer

I only want the file copied if it is newer. But it still copies the file? zip -u Ubuntu_Documents.zip ./* cp -u Ubuntu_Documents.zip $DOCS_Backup/Ubuntu_Documents_`date +"%Y-%m-%d-%H-%M"`.zip (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
5 Replies
KPROPLOG(8)							   MIT Kerberos 						       KPROPLOG(8)

NAME
kproplog - display the contents of the Kerberos principal update log SYNOPSIS
kproplog [-h] [-e num] [-v] kproplog [-R] DESCRIPTION
The kproplog command displays the contents of the KDC database update log to standard output. It can be used to keep track of incremental updates to the principal database. The update log file contains the update log maintained by the kadmind(8) process on the master KDC server and the kpropd(8) process on the slave KDC servers. When updates occur, they are logged to this file. Subsequently any KDC slave configured for incremental updates will request the current data from the master KDC and update their log file with any updates returned. The kproplog command requires read access to the update log file. It will display update entries only for the KDC it runs on. If no options are specified, kproplog displays a summary of the update log. If invoked on the master, kproplog also displays all of the update entries. If invoked on a slave KDC server, kproplog displays only a summary of the updates, which includes the serial number of the last update received and the associated time stamp of the last update. OPTIONS
-R Reset the update log. This forces full resynchronization. If used on a slave then that slave will request a full resync. If used on the master then all slaves will request full resyncs. -h Display a summary of the update log. This information includes the database version number, state of the database, the number of updates in the log, the time stamp of the first and last update, and the version number of the first and last update entry. -e num Display the last num update entries in the log. This is useful when debugging synchronization between KDC servers. -v Display individual attributes per update. An example of the output generated for one entry: Update Entry Update serial # : 4 Update operation : Add Update principal : test@EXAMPLE.COM Update size : 424 Update committed : True Update time stamp : Fri Feb 20 23:37:42 2004 Attributes changed : 6 Principal Key data Password last changed Modifying principal Modification time TL data ENVIRONMENT
kproplog uses the following environment variables: o KRB5_KDC_PROFILE SEE ALSO
kpropd(8) AUTHOR
MIT COPYRIGHT
1985-2013, MIT 1.11.3 KPROPLOG(8)