Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to get the for loop output from a remote server in UNIX shell scripting? Post 302871013 by RudiC on Tuesday 5th of November 2013 10:18:14 AM
Old 11-05-2013
You'll need to fiddle around with some serious escaping, like (and eventually more)
Code:
$ssh server_name 'for variable in $(ps -fu user | grep -i something/ | grep -i something | grep -v grep | awk "{print\ \$2}");do  grep "$variable" /tmp/some_path/*/*; done'

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running for loop on remote server

Hi, I'm having a problem performing for loop on remote server, i know this can be done with one liner but i'm not sure how it works if using logical operator such as for ifs and case or while for server in sterverA serverB serverC ; do ssh -v $server "cd ~/MyDocuments/; bag=`find... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sexyTrojan
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote server's output

Hi All, Can anybody help me, i have 50 servers within a network. For checking the HDD utilization using df -k, Right now i am logging into each server daily and then noting the output. I want that i should be able to run the command in all servers while sitting in single server and getting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varunksharma87
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

generate tabular output from an input text file in unix shell scripting

Hi, I have the output (as below) which i want it to be in a table. For e.g. space utilization in PSE on path /logs is 0% space utilization in PSE on path /logs/tuxedo/tuxlsp is 16% space utilization in PSE on path /ldvarlsp/lsp/log is 37% space utilization in PSE on path /home is 6%... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkbond
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to store output into variable-in unix shell scripting

Hi, Output of "ps -o etime,time,pcpu,pmem,fname -C sbd-java" command is - Elapsed Time %cpu %MEM COMMAND 02:14:03 00:03:28 2.5 6.3 sbd-java Can anyone tell me, how to store the the value 2.5 in a variable? When I say echo $X where x is a variable then... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pspriyanka
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Triggering remote UNIX shell script from Remote desktop

I m trying to run a batch script in remote desktop which executes unix commands on the unix server...the problem is i wnt the output in HTML format.so in my batch script i m giving the cmd like ssh hostname path ksh HC_Report.ksh>out.html ...but it generates the HTML file in remote desktop .i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: navsan
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass current year and month in FOR LOOP in UNIX shell scripting?

Hi Team, I have created a script and using FOR LOOP like this and it is working fine. for Month in 201212 201301 201302 201303 do echo "Starting the statistics gathering of $Month partitions " done But in my scripts the " Month " variable is hard-coded. Can you please any one... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoan
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh to remote server loop is breaking

hi All, cat login.list server1 userid1 server2 userid2 server3 userid3 ---------------------------------------- #SSHSCRIPT.ksh FILE=login.list while read vah vah_id do ssh $vah -l $vah_id "pwd" done < "$FILE" ----------------------------------------- When i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghur77
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If else condition inside for loop of awk command in UNIX shell scripting

Hi , Please excuse me for opening a new thread i am unable to find out the syntax error in my if else condition inside for loop in awk command , my actual aim is to print formatted html td tag when if condition (True) having string as "failed", could anyone please advise what is the right... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikram
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Append the output of a script running in remote server to a file in local server?

Hi guys, So i am in server1 and i have to login to server 2, 3,4 and run some script there(logging script) and output its result. What i am doing is running the script in server2 and outputting it to a file in server 2 and then Scp'ing the file to server1. Similarly i am doing this for other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
5 Replies
break(1)                                                           User Commands                                                          break(1)

NAME
break, continue - shell built-in functions to escape from or advance within a controlling while, for, foreach, or until loop SYNOPSIS
sh break [n] continue [n] csh break continue ksh *break [n] *continue [n] DESCRIPTION
sh The break utility exits from the enclosing for or while loop, if any. If n is specified, break n levels. The continue utility resumes the next iteration of the enclosing for or while loop. If n is specified, resume at the n-th enclosing loop. csh The break utility resumes execution after the end of the nearest enclosing foreach or while loop. The remaining commands on the current line are executed. This allows multilevel breaks to be written as a list of break commands, all on one line. The continue utility continues execution of the next iteration of the nearest enclosing while or foreach loop. ksh The break utility exits from the enclosed for, while, until, or select loop, if any. If n is specified, then break n levels. If n is greater than the number of enclosing loops, the outermost enclosing loop shall be exited. The continue utility resumes the next iteration of the enclosed for, while, until, or select loop. If n is specified then resume at the n- th enclosed loop. If n is greater than the number of enclosing loops, the outermost enclosing loop shall be used. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words that follow a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign, and also that word splitting and file name genera- tion are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), exit(1), ksh(1), sh( 1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 17 Jul 2002 break(1)