Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to X-window to work on AIX 5.3? Post 302870931 by rbatte1 on Tuesday 5th of November 2013 08:20:41 AM
Old 11-05-2013
Assuming that your server is on the network and you can contact it from your desktop, do you have an X-windows server on your desktop? You will need one to open the connection. I think that you will need to connect to the server (telnet is fine) and with the X-windows server running on your desktop, start the connection from the AIX server.

It's not something I do very often at all, so I'm pretty rusty.

A PC tool like cygwin should help with this.

I hope that this helps.
Robin
Liverpool/Blackburn
UK

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to set AIX server for x-window?

Hi, I register the ip address into "XMD broadcast" in xconfig of xmanager, then use Xmanager to connect to AIX server, But I can not connect to it. How to set AIX server to let it can be connected? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixabc
2 Replies

2. AIX

Window XP remote to AIX

May i know what software can i use for windows XP to remote AIX server ?? By the way, can you provide the link for me to download the software ?? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Farbegas
7 Replies

3. AIX

Can Valgrind work well on AIX?

As Valgrind announced, 3.3.0 and 3.3.1 version can support AIX 5.3. But I met a block issue when I used Valgrind on AIX After installing Valgrind3.3.1 successfully on AIX5.3, I typed the following command of Valgrind: valgrind -d --tool=memcheck ls Then, the following result from Valgrind is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adasong
0 Replies

4. Advertise with Us

Looking for AIX work in Vancouver

Hi I am an <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 9"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 9"><link rel="File-List"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kimyo
0 Replies

5. AIX

Setup Window server to accept AIX SFTP client

To all the expert out there, I have successfully setup a AIX to AIX auto-SFTP with no password requested. Now my aim is to setup a AIX to Window auto-SFTP with no password requested as well. But I faced some problem that I do not know how to solve it. I have followed the setting of AIX's... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

pull files from window server to aix box

Hi All, I have a new requirment where i have to pull files from windows server to aix box. I am using scp command to pull a files. command is working fine but it is asking password for everytime i m running this command.I want to automate this so that it will not ask any password. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasson_ibm
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

My script doesn't work in the terminal window!

I am inexperienced with scripting and it continues to baffles me speechless I wrote a script so that it counts the number of subset of files (with different prefix) in all subdirectories under the current directory so that find ./ -type d -maxdepth 1 -mindepth 1 > list_of_dir.txtfind all... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: piynik
23 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Which X Window system is installed on my server that would work with Xming?

I would like to use Xming to connect a server and managed to get it to work. I am now trying to get it to connect to a different server but i am not sure which X Window system is installed. I tried it through putty and i get the following error/warning: /usr/java/jdk1.7.0_67/bin> jvisualvm... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ziggy25
5 Replies

9. AIX

Bash does not work on AIX 7.2

We have a new LPAR with AIX 7.2. We want to work with bash, so installed bash from Perzl (bash_64-4.4.5.aix5.1.ppc.rpm). But after install bash does not work. If I call "bash", nothing happens. The xterm, where I started bash, is totally dead. I tried the bash from aixtools.net, too. Same... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BuSchu
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command does not work on AIX 6.1

I have AiX system version 6.1 I wish the below find command to work on AiX system ksh shell and give similar output as this works fine on RedHat Linux centos 7. find /app/logs/fname1.out -printf "%M %u %TY-%Tm-%Td %TH:%TM %h/%f $(cksum<fname1.out | cut -d' ' -f1)\n" Output: -rw-r--r--... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies
hpsmh(1M)																 hpsmh(1M)

NAME
hpsmh - starts or stops the HP System Management Homepage server SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The HP System Management Homepage is the management server for web-based System Administration tools. In order to use HPSMH, start a web browser on your desktop or workstation, and type in the URL or Address of the server to be managed: By default, the HP SMH management server under HP-UX only starts on demand. It does not run continually. A daemon listens on port 2301 to start an instance of the management server. The above URL automatically starts the management server, then redirects your browser to the secure port from which to login: The command starts or stops the HPSMH server. If no options are specified, displays the possible options. Options The command supports the followings options: Starts the HPSMH Server if is not currently running Stops the HPSMH Server Access Control By default, only the root user can login to HPSMH. Within HPSMH you can configure additional user groups to have HPSMH access. You must be a superuser to run the command. Certificates Installing HPSMH will generate an SSL self signed certificate. Because this certificate is self signed, when connecting to HPSMH your web browser will prompt you with a warning that the certificate was issued by a web site, company or Certificate Authority you have not chosen to trust. It is possible to proceed by accepting this self signed certificate temporarily for each session. You can also view and install (accept permanently) this certificate to avoid this warning in the future. HPSMH also supports installation of certificates created by a Certifi- cate Authority. RETURN VALUES
The command returns: upon successful completion if the command failed EXAMPLES
Starts HPSMH Server: Stops HPSMH Server: Shows options: Using HPSMH, start a browser and enter the following URL: AUTHORS
was developed by Hewlett-Packard SEE ALSO
smhstartconfig(1M). hpsmh(1M)