Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Virt-install: ERROR Host does not support any virtualization Post 302870901 by morrison71 on Tuesday 5th of November 2013 07:27:28 AM
Old 11-05-2013
Edit: No one answer.

Last edited by morrison71; 11-07-2013 at 09:57 AM..

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How install the HOST RESOURCES MIB

Hello to all, I need monitor some AIX servers version 5.3 it, would want to know how if these servers or bring installed HOST RESOURCES MIB, is necessary to compile it, if I can unload it or of it could obtain where it, since I take with this problem around 2 weeks… I am trying to collect data... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: julius_MIB
0 Replies

2. Hardware

Desktops that provide virtualization support.

Hi all, I want to buy a desktop/workstation, load Red Hat 6 and create some virtual machines to work with. Does anyone currently have systems at home that you have virtual machines on? Remember, I am not talking about server class systems, but just the ordinary desktops. I see a lot of 64-bit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: geelsu
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Solved] Add hardware in virt-install command

Hi, Again a question about virt-install. Someone knows how to add hardware in the virt-install command? I put the first disk with --disks path=/.... but I need a second disk and I don't know how to include it? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiddenshadow
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Best performance UNIX just for HOST Virtualization?

Hi everybody, Which Unix base OS have best performance for HOST virtualization? I tested SmartOS but it needs another OS to connect remotely! Thanks in advance. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbzadegan
11 Replies

5. AIX

Install VIOS SSL Certificate on Integrated Virtualization Manager

Anyone have any procedures or tutorials on how to change the self-signed certificate on the IBM AIX VIOS Intergrated Virtulization Manager web site? I've googled till my fingers broke and most links take me to generic replacements for IBM products that I don't have. Any help is appreciated.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JAY2068
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Installation of virt-manager while yum update and yum install rhvm does not work

I have downloaded RHEV-H 4.2 Red Hat Virtualization - Red Hat Customer Portal (RHVirtualization 4.2 Host and Manager iso). I uploaded the image and installed on an HP G9 server baremetal. I found I dont have a WAN/net connectivity later on HPG9 server. How can I still install virt-manager on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paras Pandey
1 Replies
lta(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							    lta(4)

Name
       lta - lta pseudoterminal interface

Syntax
       options LAT
       pseudo-device lat
       pseudo-device lta[n]

Description
       The  pseudoterminal  interface  provides  support  for local area transport (LAT) service.  LAT service allows users to access remote nodes
       through the Ethernet.

To configure the LAT service for your machine, you must:

o   Edit the system configuration file.

o   Edit the file.

o   Create LAT special files.

o   Edit the file.

Instructions for performing these tasks are further documented in the Guide to Ethernet Communications Servers.

Edit the Configuration File
       Edit the configuration file  to	include  the  option  and  the	and  pseudo-devices.   The  configuration  file  to  edit  is  located	in
       /sys/conf/vax/HOSTNAME  or  /sys/conf/mips/HOSTNAME  (depending	on  your processor), where HOSTNAME is the name of your host processor, in
       uppercase.

The optional value for the pseudo-device entry defines the number of LAT lines to configure, a number between 1 and 256.   If  you  do  not
       specify	a  value,  the	default is 16 lines.  For example, if you want to configure 32 LAT devices into your system, the entry for the LAT
       lines is:
       pseudo-device lta32

To use the system as a load host for remote note maintenance functions such as loading and controlling  terminal  servers,  you	must  also
       include an options entry for and a pseudo-device entry for in the configuration file.

Edit the /etc/rc.local File
       Edit  the  file	to restart LAT service automatically when the system reboots.  Add the following entry after the commands for local daemon
       startup:
       if [ -f /etc/lcp ]; then
	    /etc/lcp -s > /dev/console & echo -n ' lat' >/dev/console
       fi

Create LAT Special Files
       Create the LAT special files by running the program from the directory and specifying the option.  You create one LAT special file for each
       LAT device.  For example, the following commands create 32 device special files for LAT devices:
       # cd /dev
       # MAKEDEV lta0
       # MAKEDEV lta1

The option range is 1 to 7.  The maximum number of LAT special files is 256.

Edit the /etc/ttys File
       Edit  the  file	to  include entries for all the LAT special files you created using the command.  For more information on how to add these
       entries, see

Files
       Contains terminal devices defined to the machine.

Contains terminal devices defined to the machine (modem lines only).

See Also
       ttys(5), MAKEDEV(8)
       Guide to Ethernet Communications Servers

lta(4)