Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Virt-install: ERROR Host does not support any virtualization Post 302870901 by morrison71 on Tuesday 5th of November 2013 07:27:28 AM
Old 11-05-2013
Edit: No one answer.

Last edited by morrison71; 11-07-2013 at 09:57 AM..

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How install the HOST RESOURCES MIB

Hello to all, I need monitor some AIX servers version 5.3 it, would want to know how if these servers or bring installed HOST RESOURCES MIB, is necessary to compile it, if I can unload it or of it could obtain where it, since I take with this problem around 2 weeks… I am trying to collect data... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: julius_MIB
0 Replies

2. Hardware

Desktops that provide virtualization support.

Hi all, I want to buy a desktop/workstation, load Red Hat 6 and create some virtual machines to work with. Does anyone currently have systems at home that you have virtual machines on? Remember, I am not talking about server class systems, but just the ordinary desktops. I see a lot of 64-bit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: geelsu
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Solved] Add hardware in virt-install command

Hi, Again a question about virt-install. Someone knows how to add hardware in the virt-install command? I put the first disk with --disks path=/.... but I need a second disk and I don't know how to include it? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiddenshadow
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Best performance UNIX just for HOST Virtualization?

Hi everybody, Which Unix base OS have best performance for HOST virtualization? I tested SmartOS but it needs another OS to connect remotely! Thanks in advance. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbzadegan
11 Replies

5. AIX

Install VIOS SSL Certificate on Integrated Virtualization Manager

Anyone have any procedures or tutorials on how to change the self-signed certificate on the IBM AIX VIOS Intergrated Virtulization Manager web site? I've googled till my fingers broke and most links take me to generic replacements for IBM products that I don't have. Any help is appreciated.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JAY2068
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Installation of virt-manager while yum update and yum install rhvm does not work

I have downloaded RHEV-H 4.2 Red Hat Virtualization - Red Hat Customer Portal (RHVirtualization 4.2 Host and Manager iso). I uploaded the image and installed on an HP G9 server baremetal. I found I dont have a WAN/net connectivity later on HPG9 server. How can I still install virt-manager on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paras Pandey
1 Replies
VIPW(8) 						    System Management Commands							   VIPW(8)

NAME
vipw, vigr - edit the password, group, shadow-password or shadow-group file SYNOPSIS
vipw [options] vigr [options] DESCRIPTION
The vipw and vigr commands edits the files /etc/passwd and /etc/group, respectively. With the -s flag, they will edit the shadow versions of those files, /etc/shadow and /etc/gshadow, respectively. The programs will set the appropriate locks to prevent file corruption. When looking for an editor, the programs will first try the environment variable $VISUAL, then the environment variable $EDITOR, and finally the default editor, vi(1). OPTIONS
The options which apply to the vipw and vigr commands are: -g, --group Edit group database. -h, --help Display help message and exit. -p, --passwd Edit passwd database. -q, --quiet Quiet mode. -s, --shadow Edit shadow or gshadow database. ENVIRONMENT
VISUAL Editor to be used. EDITOR Editor to be used if VISUAL is not set. FILES
/etc/group Group account information. /etc/gshadow Secure group account information. /etc/passwd User account information. /etc/shadow Secure user account information. SEE ALSO
vi(1), group(5), gshadow(5) , passwd(5), , shadow(5). System Management Commands 06/24/2011 VIPW(8)