Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users iptables - similar syntax to cisco acl Post 302870841 by coolatt on Tuesday 5th of November 2013 02:59:41 AM
Old 11-05-2013
Debian

i want a tool that translates the acl & applies it to a specific interface.

Code:
access-list 110 ip permit 10.0.0.x any
access-list 110 ip deny any any

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

ACL

Hi all, I've just been handled the responsibility for a FTP-site. Having no experiens of UNIX at all. And now one of my users needs to have full access to the usr directory and all it's subdirectories, don't know why just trying to do what the boss tells me. The type of UNIX is FreeBSD and the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: -tri-
4 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

pass syntax iptables to ipfw

Hello, excuse my English. Please could tell me how I can pass this syntax for iptables to ipfw. iptables -A OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 80 -m state --state NEW -m recent --set --name thor --rdest -j ACCEPT iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --tcp-flag RST RST -m state --state ESTABLISHED -m recent... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dot357
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

iptables: syntax from drop AND log packets

Good afternoon everyone, It's the iptables n00b again. valiantly learning and reading (and asking for occasional help when I hit a wall - which I think I just did) So far I've gotten logging enabled for iptables. Now, I want to drop AND log an IP connection attempt. Could some wise eyes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: putter1900
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

iptables syntax

Hi, Can someone help to explain what is --to-source in the iptables rule below: iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 192.168.1.100 -o eth0 \ -j SNAT --to-source 97.158.253.26 especially why the option has double dash (--) is it a comment? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: plee61
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

How to stack Cisco 2960-S and Cisco 2960X?

Is there an easy way to stack Cisco 2960-S and Cisco 2960X switches? If you have no idea, follow this: 1. Stacking is not supported on switches running the LAN Lite image. All switches in the stack must be running the LAN Base image. 2. In a mixed stack of Catalyst 2960-X and Catalyst 2960-S... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ayaerlee
0 Replies
LOGIN.ACCESS(5) 					      BSD File Formats Manual						   LOGIN.ACCESS(5)

NAME
login.access -- login access control table DESCRIPTION
The login.access file specifies on which ttys or from which hosts certain users are allowed to login. At login, the /etc/login.access file is checked for the first entry that matches a specific user/host or user/tty combination. That entry can either allow or deny login access to that user. Each entry have three fields separated by colon: o The first field indicates the permission given if the entry matches. It can be either ``+'' (allow access) or ``-'' (deny access) . o The second field is a comma separated list of users or groups for which the current entry applies. NIS netgroups can used (if configured) if preceeded by @. The magic string ALL matches all users. A group will match if the user is a member of that group, or it is the user's primary group. o The third field is a list of ttys, or network names. A network name can be either a hostname, a domain (indicated by a starting period), or a netgroup. As with the user list, ALL matches anything. LOCAL matches a string not containing a period. If the string EXCEPT is found in either the user or from list, the rest of the list are exceptions to the list before EXCEPT. BUGS
If there's a user and a group with the same name, there is no way to make the group match if the user also matches. SEE ALSO
login(1) AUTHORS
The login_access() function was written by Wietse Venema. This manual page was written for Heimdal. HEIMDAL
March 21, 2003 HEIMDAL