Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Virt-install: ERROR Host does not support any virtualization Post 302870739 by morrison71 on Monday 4th of November 2013 02:35:37 PM
Old 11-04-2013
RedHat Virt-install: ERROR Host does not support any virtualization

Hello guys!

First of all sorry about my english.

I am using KVM to virtualizate. But when i run the virt-install command, it shows the next error:
Code:
ERROR Host does not support any virtualization options.

My server had virtualisation extensions enabled in the bios.

It is my first time using it, so i donīt know too much.
Can you help me?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by morrison71; 11-04-2013 at 04:37 PM.. Reason: Use CODE tags rather than font changes to show sample code, input, and output.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How install the HOST RESOURCES MIB

Hello to all, I need monitor some AIX servers version 5.3 it, would want to know how if these servers or bring installed HOST RESOURCES MIB, is necessary to compile it, if I can unload it or of it could obtain where it, since I take with this problem around 2 weeks… I am trying to collect data... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: julius_MIB
0 Replies

2. Hardware

Desktops that provide virtualization support.

Hi all, I want to buy a desktop/workstation, load Red Hat 6 and create some virtual machines to work with. Does anyone currently have systems at home that you have virtual machines on? Remember, I am not talking about server class systems, but just the ordinary desktops. I see a lot of 64-bit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: geelsu
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Solved] Add hardware in virt-install command

Hi, Again a question about virt-install. Someone knows how to add hardware in the virt-install command? I put the first disk with --disks path=/.... but I need a second disk and I don't know how to include it? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiddenshadow
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Best performance UNIX just for HOST Virtualization?

Hi everybody, Which Unix base OS have best performance for HOST virtualization? I tested SmartOS but it needs another OS to connect remotely! Thanks in advance. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbzadegan
11 Replies

5. AIX

Install VIOS SSL Certificate on Integrated Virtualization Manager

Anyone have any procedures or tutorials on how to change the self-signed certificate on the IBM AIX VIOS Intergrated Virtulization Manager web site? I've googled till my fingers broke and most links take me to generic replacements for IBM products that I don't have. Any help is appreciated.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JAY2068
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Installation of virt-manager while yum update and yum install rhvm does not work

I have downloaded RHEV-H 4.2 Red Hat Virtualization - Red Hat Customer Portal (RHVirtualization 4.2 Host and Manager iso). I uploaded the image and installed on an HP G9 server baremetal. I found I dont have a WAN/net connectivity later on HPG9 server. How can I still install virt-manager on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paras Pandey
1 Replies
adt-virt-null(1)					     Linux Programmer's Manual						  adt-virt-null(1)

NAME
adt-virt-null - autopkgtest null virtualisation server SYNOPSYS
adt-virt-null [options] DESCRIPTION
adt-virt-null provides a dummy autopkgtest virtualisation server which does not actually offer any kind of separation between host and testbed. Normally adt-virt-null will be invoked by adt-run. There is of course no locking; nothing prevents multiple simultaneous programs from invoking adt-virt-null so as to reuse the same system as a testbed. OPTIONS
-d | --debug Enables debugging output. Probably not hugely interesting. INPUT, OUTPUT AND EXIT STATUS The behaviour of adt-virt-null is as described by the AutomatedTesting virtualisation regime specification. SEE ALSO
adt-run(1), adt-virt-chroot(1), adt-virt-xenlvm(1), /usr/share/doc/autopkgtest/. AUTHORS AND COPYRIGHT
This manpage is part of autopkgtest, a tool for testing Debian binary packages. autopkgtest is Copyright (C) 2006-2007 Canonical Ltd and others. See /usr/share/doc/autopkgtest/CREDITS for the list of contributors and full copying conditions. autopkgtest 2007 adt-virt-null(1)