Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Why my git command has no output in crontab but works well run this script manually? Post 302870499 by yanglei_fage on Sunday 3rd of November 2013 10:46:34 PM
Old 11-03-2013
Why my git command has no output in crontab but works well run this script manually?

Code:
#!/bin/sh
#shopt -s expand_aliases
HOME_DIR=/home/lyang001/updates
UPDATE_MAIL=${HOME_DIR}/updates.mail
rm $UPDATE_MAIL -rf
cd $HOME_DIR/wr-kernel
git log --no-merges --since="20 day ago" --name-status --pretty=format:"%an %h %s %cd"  origin/WRLINUX_5_0_1_HEAD >> $UPDATE_MAIL
echo "  a               " >> $UPDATE_MAIL
sync
sleep 10

I manually run above scripts it works well and I can get the git' output in update.mail

but I use crontab
Code:
40 11 * * * /home/lyang001/update.sh

it can't get the git's output

---------- Post updated at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous update was at 08:42 PM ----------

please delete this one, I just make a mistake

Lei

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script runs manually but not correctly from crontab

Hi all I have this inside a shell script (bash): cd DIRECTORY find . -maxdepth 1 | sed 's#./##' | /usr/bin/xargs -I '{}' chown -Rv '{}' /DIRECTORY/'{}' All the directories in this location are named after usernames, so it simply sets the owner to that of the username of the folder. It... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fakesy
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script runs manually but not correctly from crontab

Hello all, I'm new here and have a question if you don't mind helping me. I have a script that will work if I kick if off manually but not from Cron. My cron entry is this: 05,20,35,50 * * * * /scripts/status.sh > /dev/null 2>&1 The first script (works fine) is this: #!/bin/sh # #... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: hs3082
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script runs fine manually but not in crontab

Hello Guys, I have scratched my head alot on this but couldn't find clue what's wrong. Can you please help me with this? My problem is as following. 1) When I manually execute following script it runs successfully with below output. bash-3.00# more smssend #!/bin/bash echo -e "<Request... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: umarsatti
16 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script working when run manually but not in crontab showing path not found

i have a script running using variable defined in .profile when i run that script manually its working but when i run the same script through cron its giving path not found I had defined path in .profile (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj_saini20
3 Replies

5. Solaris

prtdiag command works only from commandline manually

When i run the command sudo /usr/sbin/prtdiag manually on a solaris 10 box, it works as expected. But the same command from my java code gives me the following error. picl_initialize failed: Daemon not responding. I am unable to figure out why is not running from my code.:wall: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: randeepsp
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output differs when run manually and when cron job executes it

I get a different output when i manually run the .sh script and when it is run by a cron job. Please help me .. TMP1="/lhome/bbuser/script/wslog/sar.t1" TMP2="/lhome/bbuser/script/wslog/sar.t2" TMP3="/lhome/bbuser/script/wslog/sar.t3" OUTPUT="/lhome/bbuser/script/wslog/sar.out"... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithinankam
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to give full access to output files created by .sh script run via crontab?

Hi Expert, I have a .sh script in my home/new_dir/script.sh This script creates number of output files at home/new_dir/email, home/new_dir/logs dir. I am running this script using crontab (owner root). Now this output files are getting created with rw-r----- 1 root root So if i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeet1982
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script runs manually but not from crontab in UNIX

Hi Guys, I am executing the script called Delet.sh manually it is successfully completing the task but it is failing to run vi cron tab, I tried to pass PATH & .profile before execution but no luck, Any suggestions? Script below #!/usr/bin/ksh #set -x # Purpose : Delete folders file from... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anilsa77
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling bash script works when called manually but not via Cron?

Hi, I've got a Bash backup script I'm trying to run on a directory via a cron job nightly. If I ssh in and run the script manually it works flawlessly. If I set up the cron to run evertything is totally messed up I don't even know where to begin. Basically the path structure is ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wyclef
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string works on command-line but fails when run from shell script

I wish to replace "\\n" with a single white space. The below does the job on command-line: $ echo '/fin/app/scripts\\n/fin/app/01/sql' | sed -e 's#\\\\n# #g'; /fin/app/scripts /fin/app/01/sql However, when i have the same code to a shell script it is not able to get me the same output:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies
git-annex-shell(1)					      General Commands Manual						git-annex-shell(1)

NAME
git-annex-shell - Restricted login shell for git-annex only SSH access SYNOPSIS
git-annex-shell [-c] command [params ...] DESCRIPTION
git-annex-shell is a restricted shell, similar to git-shell, which can be used as a login shell for SSH accounts. Since its syntax is identical to git-shell's, it can be used as a drop-in replacement anywhere git-shell is used. For example it can be used as a user's restricted login shell. COMMANDS
Any command not listed below is passed through to git-shell. Note that the directory parameter should be an absolute path, otherwise it is assumed to be relative to the user's home directory. Also the first "/~/" or "/~user/" is expanded to the specified home directory. configlist directory This outputs a subset of the git configuration, in the same form as git config --list inannex directory [key ...] This checks if all specified keys are present in the annex, and exits zero if so. dropkey directory [key ...] This drops the annexed data for the specified keys. recvkey directory key This runs rsync in server mode to receive the content of a key, and stores the content in the annex. sendkey directory key This runs rsync in server mode to transfer out the content of a key. commit directory This commits any staged changes to the git-annex branch. It also runs the annex-content hook. OPTIONS
Most options are the same as in git-annex. The ones specific to git-annex-shell are: --uuid=UUID git-annex uses this to specify the UUID of the repository it was expecting git-annex-shell to access, as a sanity check. HOOK
After content is received or dropped from the repository by git-annex-shell, it runs a hook, .git/hooks/annex-content (or hooks/annex-con- tent on a bare repository). The hook is not currently passed any information about what changed. ENVIRONMENT
GIT_ANNEX_SHELL_READONLY If set, disallows any command that could modify the repository. GIT_ANNEX_SHELL_LIMITED If set, disallows running git-shell to handle unknown commands. SEE ALSO
git-annex(1) git-shell(1) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> <http://git-annex.branchable.com/> git-annex-shell(1)