Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cfengine or puppet?
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Cfengine or puppet? Post 302870407 by theboogymaster on Sunday 3rd of November 2013 11:38:34 AM
Old 11-03-2013
I used cfengine for 2 years. After switching to puppet I relised that I'll not chage it ever for something else

Puppet has a realy great community and support. So you'll find mode help about puppet or patches if needed than cfengine. This is my opinion. I know there are people out there how think cfengine is better, and if cfengine works well for them thats fine for me. But cfengine in my opinion does't have a bright future as puppet.

So my advice is to go with puppet.

Last edited by theboogymaster; 11-03-2013 at 01:53 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to theboogymaster For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

cfengine / puppet for rhel servers

Hello all, I am planning to deploy a configuration / auditing software package for about 100 new nodes that we are planning to install. I am hearing many good things in regards to cfengine and puppet. Can someone shed some light in regards to these solutions? Thanks, jaysunn (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaysunn
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cfengine vs OpenWRT

Hi! Im using Cfengine for Debian servers administration and know i have to manage to include some devices with openwrt firmware. Does someone know of a Cfengine client (cfagent) developed for OpenWRT? Thanks, Santiago (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbrandi
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help installling puppet

Hi, I am trying to instal the puppet. I get this error. Please help.. yum install puppet-server Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, presto Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile * base: mirrors.greenmountainaccess.net * extras: mirror.lug.udel.edu * updates:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help installing Puppet and Ruby..

Hi, I am working on RHEL 5.6 server, this is in private DMZ. No access to internet. I have downloaded the files I need to install the Puppet & Ruby. My goal is to install Puppet. I have downloaded.... mcollective-2.2.3-1.el5.noarch- SERVER.rpm ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Puppet dashboard

Hello all, can you please let me know if the free version of puppet provides dashboard? Or how do you get info about failed installation or other staff for the puppet agents? Sorry for not googling first :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
3 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Puppet, Instillation

Can not complete the installation of a puppet server on a Linux box. bash: passenger-install-apache2-module: command not found Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules whenever you display sample input, sample output, and code segments. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zbest1966
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Puppet : How to start.

Hello Team, Do You have any data/books/links related to Puppet? How to start, how to setup first env and execute "puppet" actions? Thanks in advance! Patryk (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsmcny
3 Replies
cfengine(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       cfengine(8)

NAME
cfshow - Dump cfengine databases SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/cfshow [options] DESCRIPTION
cfengine is a language based system specifically designed for testing and configuring unix-like systems attached to a TCP/IP network. cfshow is a tool for showing the contents of the internal databases used by cfengine in its operation. Many users will not care about these internal details, while cfengine manages the system transparently. More advanced users might desire a simple way to dump the contents of these databases to text, for reporting purposes. HTML and XML versions of the output are provided for easy integration with reporting. EXAMPLES
cfshow --locks cfshow --last-seen cfshow --checksum cfshow --active cfshow --audit cfshow --classes cfshow --regex These show the named databases. OPTIONS
Here are all of the options supported: --help (-h) --debug (-d) --verbose (-v) --locks (-l) --last-seen (-s) --performance (-p) --checksum (-c) --classes (-C) --filename (-f) --regex (-r) --active (-a) --version (-V) --html (-H) --xml (-X) --purge (-P) --audit (-A) FILES
cfshow reads cfengine internal information that is normally stored in the Work Directory /var/cfengine. AUTHOR
Mark Burgess, Oslo University College INFORMATION
http://www.cfengine.org HiOslo Maintenance Commands cfengine(8)