Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Gcc compilation problem on AIX 6.1 Post 302870403 by tnjulius on Sunday 3rd of November 2013 11:09:28 AM
Old 11-03-2013
IBM Gcc compilation problem on AIX 6.1

Hi,
I have to compile a program on my server, runs on AIX 6.1. On my test server the compilation is ok (AIX 6.1); but when I try it on production server, I have this
Code:
gcc prog.c -o prog_out
In file included from resmon.c:111:
/usr/include/unistd.h:924: error: expected ')' before '[' token
/usr/include/unistd.h:925: error: expected declaration specifiers or '...' before 'rid_t'

I noticed that the gcc version is the same (4.2.0) but not the target.
Production:
Code:
gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: powerpc-ibm-aix5.3.0.0
Configured with: ../configure --with-as=/usr/bin/as --with-ld=/usr/bin/ld --enable-languages=c,c++,java --prefix=/opt/freeware --enable-threads --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --host=powerpc-ibm-aix5.3.0.0 --target=powerpc-ibm-aix5.3.0.0 --build=powerpc-ibm-aix5.3.0.0 --disable-libjava-multilib
Thread model: aix
gcc version 4.2.0

Test:
Code:
gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: powerpc-ibm-aix6.1.0.0
Configured with: ../configure --with-as=/usr/bin/as --with-ld=/usr/bin/ld --enable-languages=c,c++,java --prefix=/opt/freeware --enable-threads --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --host=powerpc-ibm-aix6.1.0.0 --target=powerpc-ibm-aix6.1.0.0 --build=powerpc-ibm-aix6.1.0.0 --disable-libjava-multilib
Thread model: aix
gcc version 4.2.0

Is it possible to be the target version that cause this problem?
If yes can I simply update it? (rpm -Uvh gcc-4.2.0-3.aix6.1.ppc.rpm)

New to AIX!!

Thanks for help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

gcc compilation

how can i do static compilation in gcc my gcc version is # gcc -v Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.2.2/specs Configured with: ../configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/u sr/share/info --enable-shared --enable-threads=posix --disable-checking... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: collins
3 Replies

2. Programming

compilation error in gcc

Hi, Should be too simple... I wrote a sample c++ program like #include <iostream.h> int main() {$ int ab=455; cout << ab << endl; return 1; } I am getting error like $ gcc u1.cpp Undefined first referenced ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ls1429
9 Replies

3. Solaris

Compilation on SunOs5.7 using gcc 3.3.5

I have the following declaration in file named vx_solaris.h (Path : /usr/share/src/tpkgs/veritas/solaris_sparc/include/sys/fs/vx_solaris.h) typedef (*vx_creatfptr_t)(struct vnode *, char *, struct vattr *, vcexcl_t, int, struct vnode **, vx_cred_t *, int); I include vx_solaris.h in one of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitc
5 Replies

4. AIX

The problem after install gcc on AIX 5.3

The problem after install gcc on AIX 5.3 I download 5 rpm packages from IBM AIX Toolbox Download Page - Alphabetical Listing and install them. rpm -ivh gcc-4.0.0-1.aix5.3.ppc.rpm rpm -ivh libgcc-4.0.0-1.aix5.3.ppc.rpm rpm -ivh libstdcplusplus-4.0.0-1.aix5.3.ppc.rpm rpm -ivh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zither
1 Replies

5. Programming

64-Bit gcc Compilation

Hi All I have a question on the compilation Assume i am working on 64 bit Linux OS. i am making shared objects and libraries required for our project. Can i compile 32 bit libraries using gcc of 64 -bit OS? Or Is there any restriction in the 32-bit or 64-bit compilers when trying to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File compilation error on AIX

Hi All, I am successfully able to compile the file through gcc. At the time of compilling the file throught xlc, I am facing the following issues: 1) 1540-0836 (S) The #include file <multimap.h> is not found. 2) 1540-0836 (S) The #include file <pair.h> is not found. 3) ld: 0706-012 The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prajakta
0 Replies

7. AIX

ProC and other C file compilation problem on AIX

I am linking my compiled proC file with other C files and getting following error. ld: 0711-711 ERROR: Input file /opt/orabase/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/lib/libirc.a is empty. The file is being ignored. I used following command to compile my proC code. proc iname=dbConnect.pc code=ANSI_C... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit.singhal
0 Replies

8. AIX

Upgrading AIX 5.2 to AIX 6.1 - GCC compatibility

Hi All, We are in the processing of upgrading our AIX server OS from 5.2.0.0 to 6.1. And we have a set of highly critical running C applications in AIX box. I have a question like whether this upgradation of OS will affect any C code compilation and C runtime enviornment... how does AIX 6.1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthikc
1 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

AIDE on AIX. Problem with compilation.

I want install AIDE (AIDE - Advanced Intrusion Detection Environment) on AIX 5.3L # oslevel -qs | head Known Service Packs ------------------- 5300-09-02-0849 5300-09-01-0847 5300-09-00-0000 5300-08-05-0846 5300-08-04-0844 5300-08-03-0831 5300-08-02-0822 5300-08-01-0819 5300-07-07-0846... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
1 Replies

10. Programming

Header file compilation using gcc in Sparc Solaris

I am facing problem while migrating the c++ code from Linux to Solaris. In linux the code is absolutly compiled fine with GCC compiler but when i am using the same in Solaris it coomplains bash-3.1$ gcc LibSip.h gcc: Compilation of header file requested The same command is working fine in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrupesh74
2 Replies
freealut-config(1)					      General Commands Manual						freealut-config(1)

NAME
freealut-config - script to get information about the installed version of freealut SYNOPSIS
freealut-config [ --prefix= DIR] [ --exec-prefix= DIR] [ --version ] [ --libs ] [ --cflags ] DESCRIPTION
freealut-config is a tool that is used to configure and determine the compiler and linker flags that should be used to compile and link progams, libraries, and plugins that use freealut. The use of freealut-config is deprecated. The more generic tool pkg-config should be used instead. OPTIONS
--cflags Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a program or library that uses freealut. --exec-prefix=DIR If specified, use DIR instead of the installation exec prefix that freealut was build with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option must be specified before any of the --cflags and --libs options. --libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link a program or library that uses freealut. --prefix=DIR If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation prefix that freealut was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option is also used for the exec prefix if --exec-prefix was not specified. This option must be specified before any of the --cflags and --libs options. --version Prints the currently installed version of freealut on standard output. EXAMPLES
gcc -o main.o $(freealut-config --cflags) -c main.c is how you might use freealut-config to compile a C source file for an executable program. gcc -o my_app $(freealut-config --libs) main.o util.o is how you might use freealut-config to link compiled objects into an executable program. SEE ALSO
pkg-config(1) This manual page was written for sdl-config by Branden Robinson, originally for Progeny Linux Systems, Inc., and the Debian Project. It was adapted to freealut by Sam Hocevar. freealut 2003-11-22 freealut-config(1)