Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Redhat Clone
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Redhat Clone Post 302870371 by fpmurphy on Saturday 2nd of November 2013 05:29:50 PM
Old 11-02-2013
See Redhat Knowledgebase article https://access.redhat.com/site/solutions/36226
This User Gave Thanks to fpmurphy For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

clone harddisk

Hi, i have to make an excect physical copie of a sun unix station harddisk. I have to make all partitions the same on about 60 harddisks, and also they should contain the same data/info. I have hade a look at commands 'DD' and 'UFSDUMP' but both of them are not sufficient enough. Can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dirk2
5 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

clone disk

Disk cloning I had an external SCSI master disk that I used to clone to an identical external SCSI disk because the other SCSI disk would become corrupted. My original Master became corrupted so I used one of the other to good disk to copy back to the master. Unfortunately the new master needs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stamperr
1 Replies

3. Solaris

clone solaris

I have a Sun Solaris 9 and I would like to clone the Operating System from a sun4u Sun Fire 480R machine to a Sun Fire 280R machine. The disk is the same size, the 480R has no space disk slot to the 280R disk for mirrioring, i have no external disk, I am not allowed to take the machine down. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan1
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 8 Clone - Help

I've got two drives in the same Sun server and I've been cloning the boot drive to the secondary drive by using both ufsdump/ufsrestore and the dd command sucessfully. When I try and boot the cloned drive I get the following error: WARNING - /usr/sbin/fsck not found. Most likely the mount... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnj1965
10 Replies

5. IP Networking

Clone on virtualBox

Hello; Please,I did the clone on virtualBox, but the machines have the same IP address: eth2 Link encap: Ethernet HWaddr 8:00:27: f0: 92:19 inet addr: 192.168.1.4 Bcast: 192.168.1.255 Mask: 255.255.255.0 how to change the address please? Thank you so much (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
6 Replies

6. HP-UX

software ID clone

the following command will give me software ID from HP machine with hpux10.2: >uname -a HP-UX bmd350 B.10.20 D 9000/831 2011043966 64-user license The string 2011043966 is the actual software ID which is used as number to license software. Now my machine breaks down and I would like to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: derf001
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sort command results are different in Redhat 4 vs Redhat 5

Hi, I am having a text file with the following contents ########### File1 ########### some page1.txt text page.txt When I sort this file on Red Hat 5, then I get the following output ########### File1 ########### page1.txt page.txt some (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Clone mounts as is

Hello, Iam trying to clone AS IS two mounts like below /class_test/sa /class_dev/fd from one server onto another. I want to use tar and gzip to compress. Please let me know the options I have to use. Also I want to untar it in the destination server, so let me know how to do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: baanprog
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clone redhat to another PC

Hi, I'm a new user of this forum and I'm not an expert of linux. I have a broken old pc with red hat linux, I clone hdd to another pc with different mainboard and it's ok but it has only one problem, the usb ports not work. In the boot this message appears: ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aitv
9 Replies

10. AIX

How to clone an AIX 5.3?

Hello all, I am trying to clone an entire aix 5.3 machine , not sure on the procedure.Can anyone help on what can be done ?Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
9 Replies
PP(3pm) 						User Contributed Perl Documentation						   PP(3pm)

NAME
Clone::PP - Recursively copy Perl datatypes SYNOPSIS
use Clone::PP qw(clone); $item = { 'foo' => 'bar', 'move' => [ 'zig', 'zag' ] }; $copy = clone( $item ); $item = [ 'alpha', 'beta', { 'gamma' => 'vlissides' } ]; $copy = clone( $item ); $item = Foo->new(); $copy = clone( $item ); Or as an object method: require Clone::PP; push @Foo::ISA, 'Clone::PP'; $item = Foo->new(); $copy = $item->clone(); DESCRIPTION
This module provides a general-purpose clone function to make deep copies of Perl data structures. It calls itself recursively to copy nested hash, array, scalar and reference types, including tied variables and objects. The clone() function takes a scalar argument to copy. To duplicate arrays or hashes, pass them in by reference: my $copy = clone(@array); my @copy = @{ clone(@array) }; my $copy = clone(\%hash); my %copy = %{ clone(\%hash) }; The clone() function also accepts an optional second parameter that can be used to limit the depth of the copy. If you pass a limit of 0, clone will return the same value you supplied; for a limit of 1, a shallow copy is constructed; for a limit of 2, two layers of copying are done, and so on. my $shallow_copy = clone( $item, 1 ); To allow objects to intervene in the way they are copied, the clone() function checks for a couple of optional methods. If an object pro- vides a method named "clone_self", it is called and the result returned without further processing. Alternately, if an object provides a method named "clone_init", it is called on the copied object before it is returned. BUGS
Some data types, such as globs, regexes, and code refs, are always copied shallowly. References to hash elements are not properly duplicated. (This is why two tests in t/dclone.t that are marked "todo".) For example, the following test should succeed but does not: my $hash = { foo => 1 }; $hash->{bar} = { $hash->{foo} }; my $copy = clone( \%hash ); $hash->{foo} = 2; $copy->{foo} = 2; ok( $hash->{bar} == $copy->{bar} ); To report bugs via the CPAN web tracking system, go to "http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/Bugs.html?Dist=Clone-PP" or send mail to "Dist=Clone-PP#rt.cpan.org", replacing "#" with "@". SEE ALSO
For a faster implementation in XS, see "clone" in Clone, "clone" in Util, or <Storable/dclone>. CREDITS AND COPYRIGHT
Developed by Matthew Simon Cavalletto at Evolution Softworks. More free Perl software is available at "www.evoscript.org". Copyright 2003 Matthew Simon Cavalletto. You may contact the author directly at "evo@cpan.org" or "simonm@cavalletto.org". Code initially derived from Ref.pm. Portions Copyright 1994 David Muir Sharnoff. Interface based by Clone by Ray Finch with contributions from chocolateboy. Portions Copyright 2001 Ray Finch. Portions Copyright 2001 chocolateboy. You may use, modify, and distribute this software under the same terms as Perl. perl v5.8.8 2008-03-27 PP(3pm)