Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Redhat Clone
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Redhat Clone Post 302870369 by da2013 on Saturday 2nd of November 2013 04:08:16 PM
Old 11-02-2013
Redhat Clone

What is the best method to use to clone a Redhat machine, to ensure all software and config can be easily installed on new hardware?
Thank you!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

clone harddisk

Hi, i have to make an excect physical copie of a sun unix station harddisk. I have to make all partitions the same on about 60 harddisks, and also they should contain the same data/info. I have hade a look at commands 'DD' and 'UFSDUMP' but both of them are not sufficient enough. Can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dirk2
5 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

clone disk

Disk cloning I had an external SCSI master disk that I used to clone to an identical external SCSI disk because the other SCSI disk would become corrupted. My original Master became corrupted so I used one of the other to good disk to copy back to the master. Unfortunately the new master needs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stamperr
1 Replies

3. Solaris

clone solaris

I have a Sun Solaris 9 and I would like to clone the Operating System from a sun4u Sun Fire 480R machine to a Sun Fire 280R machine. The disk is the same size, the 480R has no space disk slot to the 280R disk for mirrioring, i have no external disk, I am not allowed to take the machine down. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan1
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 8 Clone - Help

I've got two drives in the same Sun server and I've been cloning the boot drive to the secondary drive by using both ufsdump/ufsrestore and the dd command sucessfully. When I try and boot the cloned drive I get the following error: WARNING - /usr/sbin/fsck not found. Most likely the mount... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnj1965
10 Replies

5. IP Networking

Clone on virtualBox

Hello; Please,I did the clone on virtualBox, but the machines have the same IP address: eth2 Link encap: Ethernet HWaddr 8:00:27: f0: 92:19 inet addr: 192.168.1.4 Bcast: 192.168.1.255 Mask: 255.255.255.0 how to change the address please? Thank you so much (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
6 Replies

6. HP-UX

software ID clone

the following command will give me software ID from HP machine with hpux10.2: >uname -a HP-UX bmd350 B.10.20 D 9000/831 2011043966 64-user license The string 2011043966 is the actual software ID which is used as number to license software. Now my machine breaks down and I would like to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: derf001
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sort command results are different in Redhat 4 vs Redhat 5

Hi, I am having a text file with the following contents ########### File1 ########### some page1.txt text page.txt When I sort this file on Red Hat 5, then I get the following output ########### File1 ########### page1.txt page.txt some (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Clone mounts as is

Hello, Iam trying to clone AS IS two mounts like below /class_test/sa /class_dev/fd from one server onto another. I want to use tar and gzip to compress. Please let me know the options I have to use. Also I want to untar it in the destination server, so let me know how to do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: baanprog
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clone redhat to another PC

Hi, I'm a new user of this forum and I'm not an expert of linux. I have a broken old pc with red hat linux, I clone hdd to another pc with different mainboard and it's ok but it has only one problem, the usb ports not work. In the boot this message appears: ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aitv
9 Replies

10. AIX

How to clone an AIX 5.3?

Hello all, I am trying to clone an entire aix 5.3 machine , not sure on the procedure.Can anyone help on what can be done ?Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
9 Replies
Class::MOP::Method(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Class::MOP::Method(3)

NAME
Class::MOP::Method - Method Meta Object VERSION
version 2.1202 DESCRIPTION
The Method Protocol is very small, since methods in Perl 5 are just subroutines in a specific package. We provide a very basic introspection interface. METHODS
Class::MOP::Method->wrap($code, %options) This is the constructor. It accepts a method body in the form of either a code reference or a Class::MOP::Method instance, followed by a hash of options. The options are: o name The method name (without a package name). This is required if $code is a coderef. o package_name The package name for the method. This is required if $code is a coderef. o associated_metaclass An optional Class::MOP::Class object. This is the metaclass for the method's class. $metamethod->clone(%params) This makes a shallow clone of the method object. In particular, subroutine reference itself is shared between all clones of a given method. When a method is cloned, the original method object will be available by calling "original_method" on the clone. $metamethod->body This returns a reference to the method's subroutine. $metamethod->name This returns the method's name $metamethod->package_name This returns the method's package name. $metamethod->fully_qualified_name This returns the method's fully qualified name (package name and method name). $metamethod->associated_metaclass This returns the Class::MOP::Class object for the method, if one exists. $metamethod->original_method If this method object was created as a clone of some other method object, this returns the object that was cloned. $metamethod->original_name This returns the method's original name, wherever it was first defined. If this method is a clone of a clone (of a clone, etc.), this method returns the name from the first method in the chain of clones. $metamethod->original_package_name This returns the method's original package name, wherever it was first defined. If this method is a clone of a clone (of a clone, etc.), this method returns the package name from the first method in the chain of clones. $metamethod->original_fully_qualified_name This returns the method's original fully qualified name, wherever it was first defined. If this method is a clone of a clone (of a clone, etc.), this method returns the fully qualified name from the first method in the chain of clones. $metamethod->is_stub Returns true if the method is just a stub: sub foo; $metamethod->attach_to_class($metaclass) Given a Class::MOP::Class object, this method sets the associated metaclass for the method. This will overwrite any existing associated metaclass. $metamethod->detach_from_class Removes any associated metaclass object for the method. $metamethod->execute(...) This executes the method. Any arguments provided will be passed on to the method itself. Class::MOP::Method->meta This will return a Class::MOP::Class instance for this class. It should also be noted that Class::MOP will actually bootstrap this module by installing a number of attribute meta-objects into its metaclass. AUTHORS
o Stevan Little <stevan.little@iinteractive.com> o Dave Rolsky <autarch@urth.org> o Jesse Luehrs <doy@tozt.net> o Shawn M Moore <code@sartak.org> o XXXX XXX'XX (Yuval Kogman) <nothingmuch@woobling.org> o Karen Etheridge <ether@cpan.org> o Florian Ragwitz <rafl@debian.org> o Hans Dieter Pearcey <hdp@weftsoar.net> o Chris Prather <chris@prather.org> o Matt S Trout <mst@shadowcat.co.uk> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2006 by Infinity Interactive, Inc.. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-19 Class::MOP::Method(3)