Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Lpr send to print a4 format and print letter format Post 302870293 by jgt on Friday 1st of November 2013 07:03:21 PM
Old 11-01-2013
If the printer supports postscript, you might try using pdf2ps first, then sending the postscript file to the printer.
This User Gave Thanks to jgt For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print current month - 1 in string format

I need to get the current month -1 in string format, like Feb-2006. I am using k shell. Any help is appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mogli4
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print log file in column format using awk

Hi Friends, I have a log file as below siteid = HYD spc = 100 rset = RS_D_M siteid = DEL spc = 200 rset = RS_K_L siteid = DEL2 spc = 210 rset = RS_D_M Now I need a output like column wise as below. siteid SPC rset HYD 100 RS_D_M (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Net::SSH::Perl ...... how to print the output in a proper format

Hi Guys, my $cmd = "ls -l"; #........ {or let it be as # my $cmd= "ls"; } my $ssh = Net::SSH::Perl->new($host); $ssh->login($user, $pass); my($stdout, $stderr, $exit) = $ssh->cmd("$cmd"); print $stdout; the script works fine, but i am unable to see the output getting displayed in a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsprasanna
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to print lines contains particular string format in a file

Hi, I want to print the lines in a file that matches particular string format using shell scripting. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhakaryadav
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK print and retain original format

I have a file with very specific column spacing formatting, I wish to do the following: awk '{print $1, $2, $3, $4, $5, $6, $19-$7, $20-$8, $21-$9, $10, $11, $12}' merge.pdb > vector.pdb but the format gets ruined. I have tried with print -f but to no avail.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisjorg
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Special format for numeric print out

Hi, I know this must be very simple and stupid question but I could not find a proper answer anywhere else, My script generates numeric values in the following format 3.01234567891E+03 I use %.11E in printf formatting, but I need to list my numbers as 0.30123456789E+04 basicly I... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: hayreter
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from text file;format and print output

Hi Following is the assumed input... Symmetrix ID : 12345 Originator Port wwn : 123456789 User-generated Name : 123456789/123456789 Sym Dev Dir:P LUN ------ ----- ----------------------- ---- --- ---- ---- ---- ------- 1234 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddy.san
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to print the line from the file in the desired format:?

I am reading a file of Linux ( like mentioned below) & the data is represented in a single line like mentioned below: 11/03 4:00 39992 0.098 5.195 0.034 0.001 1.091 182 0.000 0 0.071 4.252 0.033 0.001 666.53 Now i want to print the result in other file something like this :- 39992... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anamica
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Not sure how to describe it but how to format this list so that it print the 1st field once only

Hi, Not sure how to describe the problem. But basically, I have this file listing here app01_app.test.com.ph|PROGRAM=SQL Developer|HOST=AKL0TS100|USER=Admtest01|HOST=10.111.12.23| app02_app.test.com.ph|PROGRAM=D:\interface\apps\bin32\batch.exe|HOST=AKL0TS100|USER=Admtest09|HOST=10.111.12.35|... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert rows to column and print output in required format

Hi All, i am trying to print the solaris 11 packages in below required format, But i am unable to do that. Current ouput : root@abc# pkginfo -l | egrep '(BASEDIR|NAME|VERSION)' | awk '{print}' NAME: QLogic 570x/571x Gigabit Ethernet Driver VERSION: 11.11,REV=2009.11.11 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: balu1234
7 Replies
GPR(1)							      General Commands Manual							    GPR(1)

NAME
gpr - a graphical frontend for lpr. SYNOPSIS
gpr [-h] [--help] [-P <printer>] [-J <job name>] [-r] [-n] [-p <flag>] [filename]... DESCRIPTION
gpr is a graphical interface to lpr that provides for easy configuration of printer-specific options. gpr interfaces with a PostScript printer's PPD file to create a user-interface of configurable options. Based upon user choice, the device-specific option code is then inserted into the PostScript job and sent to the printer. This can be used to tell the printer to duplex or staple the print job, or tell it what paper tray to draw paper from. NOTE: gpr will detect if the file to be print is postscript, and, if not, it will call a2ps to pre- process it before sending it to ppdfilt and to lpr. OPTIONS
gpr accepts the following options: -h, --help Show summary of options. -P Specify a destination printer -d Enable debugging output -J lpr option: Job name to print on burst page -r lpr option: Remove the files upon completion of spooling -n gpr option: Print the command line rather than executing the command -p gpr option: Use ppdfilt: 0 = Never, 1 = Always, 2 = with non-default PPD OTHER INFO
The webpage for the GNULpr suite is at http://lpr.sf.org. SEE ALSO
lpr(1), GPR(1)