Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ps - list where UID is numeric or name and for current user Post 302870195 by CarloM on Friday 1st of November 2013 11:50:36 AM
Old 11-01-2013
Code:
ps -fu <userlist>

should work on most systems.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

User ID (UID) in AIX

what is the upper limit for UID is AIX 5.3 ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: learner
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

NIS User UID Change

Hi All, I need to change the UID numbers of many NIS users, is there any command to modify the UID in NIS maps ? ( like usermod) so that their file permissions will be same even with their new UID. If not, how to check all the files owned by particular user in a computer and change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RAA
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Doubt over Uid and User name.

Hi, I know the uid and I wan to know the user name the uid belongs to. How can I get it. Suppose My user name is ssnayak and coresponding uid is 1110 Similarly I know one uid 1212 and how can I come to know the user name for this uid. Thanks & Regards, Siba (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

List UID's between 100 and 200

If i wanted to list all users who have a UID between 100 and 200 which command would i use? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: warlock129
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get the username if I know only the user's UID?

Hi, I know the user's UID, but I need to know the user's username which has this UID. How can I do it?? Any ideas? Thanks! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rodrigoroma
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Numeric uid and gid in ls -l command

I´m listing the contents of a directory using the command ls -lI get numeric uid and gid for some lines. example: drwxr-xr-x root root 1970-01-01 01:00 sys -rw-r--r-- 501 20 0 2010-08-04 14:54 shutdown.bravo.rc drwxr-x--- 501 20 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: flocki
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Chown... cannot get the login group of a numeric UID

How do I resolve the below error. I want to change the ownership on sf_Temp file from media to dba. # grep ^media /etc/group # ls -l drwxrwx--- 1 root vboxsf 0 Feb 1 16:10 sf_Temp drwxrwx--- 2 root vboxsf 4096 Jan 31 17:59 sf_VBoxShared dr-xr-xr-x 6 oracle root 2048 Dec 19 09:20... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lutus
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UID of user accounts on *nix systems

Hi, As the /etc/passwd file contents all system and other users accounts on a linux/unix system, can anyone tell me what is the User ID values range for human user accounts (not system user accounts) on a linux (Red Hat/SuSE etc) and Unix (Solaris) OS. I heard below number 100, all users are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanzee007
2 Replies

9. AIX

UID & GID instead of user name and group name

Hi Everyone, We are encountering the following issue on AIX 5.3. When we do ls -ltr the list displays only user id and group id instead of user name and group name. This is happening for all users except root. Whe we do ls -ltr with root user it shows perfectly fine. When we searched... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhav.kunapa
25 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

List Process running under current user

Hi, i need to list the processes running only under current logged in user. EX: $ whoami oraaqw $ ps -ef | grep tnslsnr oraaqw 11403300 19267592 0 09:14:47 pts/3 0:00 grep tnslsnr oraaqw 15794208 1 0 Jan 14 - 11:59... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aravindadla
6 Replies
xjack(6x)							XScreenSaver manual							 xjack(6x)

NAME
xjack - all work and no play makes jack a dull boy SYNOPSIS
xjack [-display host:display.screen] [-foreground color] [-background color] [-window] [-root] [-delay usecs] [-fps] DESCRIPTION
All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. ENVIRONMENT
DISPLAY All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. XENVIRONMENT All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. SEE ALSO
X(1), xscreensaver(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997 by Jamie Zawinski. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a fnord dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. AUTHOR
Jamie Zawinski <jwz@jwz.org>, 15-Nov-97. X Version 11 5.15 (28-Sep-2011) xjack(6x)