Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO SCO 5.0.6 or 5.0.7V Hyper-V vs. ESX performance Post 302870045 by ghodgins on Friday 1st of November 2013 12:18:16 AM
Old 11-01-2013
Been doing that for days. We actually have MS engaged. As one would expect Windows operating systems don't suffer the same.

---------- Post updated at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous update was at 12:16 AM ----------

Care to elaborate on severe? Some might consider even 25 or 50% severe.

Note that we also see this performance degradation, in fact worse, using 5.0.7V native on Hyper-V. It is not limited to just the nested hypervisor scenario.

Thanks.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Linux Hyper-thread support?

Hello all, I'm looking in to building a Redhat/Windows machine for myself and was wondering if Redhat linux support 800Mhz front side bus speed or hyper-thread? If so would I have to recompile the kernel to enable this feature? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry
3 Replies

2. SCO

SCO UNIX performance

Hi there, Our server is SCO UNIX 3.12 (ten years old). Recently, the system is so slow even there were only a few users logging on the system. Please advise me, Thank you so much, Trinh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trinhnguyen
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun Server Hyper Terminal

Anyone know how to connect to a sun server using serial cable my client PC is also a Sun !!! I have the cable , just do not know how to start a terminal session in Sun . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: civic2005
1 Replies

4. SCO

SCO unix server performance tuning

Hello, Can someone share his experience with SCO unix server performance tuning? - how to make some performance analysis - how to tune up a server for better performance Thank you! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: forumuser7
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red hat --- hyper term?

Can some one help me? I have been used to using XP, but now I really want to learn more about unix etc. So the problem is i've been using Hyperterm to connect Serial / Console to a cisco 2501. I used to run Hyper term then switch on the router and i would be able to to talk. What do I use in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rivers1980
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solairs 11 Hyper V

Hola, First time i'm doing this so apologies if i ask something daft. I've a host windows 2008R2 server which is running hyper-v. I have created a virtual machine and installed Solaris 11. I'm trying to configure the network settings so that I can access the internet and run 'pkg install... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbajtr
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem connecting FreeBSD VM(Hyper-v) to internet

I created a VM for FreeBSD on hyper-v and i am having trouble connecting it to the internet. My virtual machine config are as below: 100 GB HD 1GB RAM Generation 1 Two Network adapters 1. Legacy Network Adapter 2. Network Adapter both are connected to network switch "Internet" which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishawdeep
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

VMware Hyper-V conversion

Hi there! I am trying to work out an automated conversion mechanism migrating VMware to Hyper-V Vhd. I have been told that the best way to do so would be writing a PowerShell script and using Microsoft's MvmcCmdlet collection. However, my experience with PowerShell is fairly limited. This is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikingcd
2 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

VMware Hyper-V conversion

Hi there! I am trying to work out an automated conversion mechanism migrating VMware to Hyper-V. I have been told that the best way to do so would be to write a short PowerShell script referring to Microsoft's MvmcCmdlet collection. However, my experience with PowerShell is fairly limited. This... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikingcd
3 Replies
HYPER-V(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						HYPER-V(4)

NAME
hv_ata_pci_disengage -- Hyper-V ATA PCI Disengage driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in the system kernel configuration file: device hyperv DESCRIPTION
The hv_ata_pci_disengage driver prevents the native FreeBSD ATA driver from loading in the presence of Hyper-V. FreeBSD guests running on Hyper-V can take advantage of the Hyper-V Storage Virtual Consumer (hv_storvsc(4)) for using their IDE devices. Since the ATA driver serves IDE devices as well, there is a chance that the ATA driver may interfere with the operations of hv_storvsc(4). The hv_ata_pci_disengage driver avoids conflicts between the ATA driver and hv_storvsc(4) by disabling the ATA driver when the FreeBSD guest is booting. A side effect of disabling the ATA driver is that CDROM may become inoperational on FreeBSD guest partitions. If CDROM access is a must then users may use "set hw.ata.disk_enable=1" at boot time to prevent the ATA driver from being disabled. SEE ALSO
hv_netvsc(4), hv_storvsc(4), hv_utils(4), hv_vmbus(4) HISTORY
Support for hv_ata_pci_disengage first appeared in FreeBSD 10.0. The driver was developed through a joint effort between Citrix Incorpo- rated, Microsoft Corporation, and Network Appliance Incorporated. AUTHORS
FreeBSD support for hv_ata_pci_disengage was first added by Microsoft BSD Integration Services Team <bsdic@microsoft.com>. BSD
September 10, 2013 BSD