Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO SCO 5.0.6 or 5.0.7V Hyper-V vs. ESX performance Post 302870045 by ghodgins on Friday 1st of November 2013 12:18:16 AM
Old 11-01-2013
Been doing that for days. We actually have MS engaged. As one would expect Windows operating systems don't suffer the same.

---------- Post updated at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous update was at 12:16 AM ----------

Care to elaborate on severe? Some might consider even 25 or 50% severe.

Note that we also see this performance degradation, in fact worse, using 5.0.7V native on Hyper-V. It is not limited to just the nested hypervisor scenario.

Thanks.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Linux Hyper-thread support?

Hello all, I'm looking in to building a Redhat/Windows machine for myself and was wondering if Redhat linux support 800Mhz front side bus speed or hyper-thread? If so would I have to recompile the kernel to enable this feature? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry
3 Replies

2. SCO

SCO UNIX performance

Hi there, Our server is SCO UNIX 3.12 (ten years old). Recently, the system is so slow even there were only a few users logging on the system. Please advise me, Thank you so much, Trinh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trinhnguyen
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun Server Hyper Terminal

Anyone know how to connect to a sun server using serial cable my client PC is also a Sun !!! I have the cable , just do not know how to start a terminal session in Sun . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: civic2005
1 Replies

4. SCO

SCO unix server performance tuning

Hello, Can someone share his experience with SCO unix server performance tuning? - how to make some performance analysis - how to tune up a server for better performance Thank you! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: forumuser7
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red hat --- hyper term?

Can some one help me? I have been used to using XP, but now I really want to learn more about unix etc. So the problem is i've been using Hyperterm to connect Serial / Console to a cisco 2501. I used to run Hyper term then switch on the router and i would be able to to talk. What do I use in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rivers1980
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solairs 11 Hyper V

Hola, First time i'm doing this so apologies if i ask something daft. I've a host windows 2008R2 server which is running hyper-v. I have created a virtual machine and installed Solaris 11. I'm trying to configure the network settings so that I can access the internet and run 'pkg install... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbajtr
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem connecting FreeBSD VM(Hyper-v) to internet

I created a VM for FreeBSD on hyper-v and i am having trouble connecting it to the internet. My virtual machine config are as below: 100 GB HD 1GB RAM Generation 1 Two Network adapters 1. Legacy Network Adapter 2. Network Adapter both are connected to network switch "Internet" which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishawdeep
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

VMware Hyper-V conversion

Hi there! I am trying to work out an automated conversion mechanism migrating VMware to Hyper-V Vhd. I have been told that the best way to do so would be writing a PowerShell script and using Microsoft's MvmcCmdlet collection. However, my experience with PowerShell is fairly limited. This is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikingcd
2 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

VMware Hyper-V conversion

Hi there! I am trying to work out an automated conversion mechanism migrating VMware to Hyper-V. I have been told that the best way to do so would be to write a short PowerShell script referring to Microsoft's MvmcCmdlet collection. However, my experience with PowerShell is fairly limited. This... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikingcd
3 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)