Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Putty Logging - Typed input only Post 302869873 by vbe on Thursday 31st of October 2013 10:23:46 AM
Old 10-31-2013
That would be more configuring correctly your history... e.g. creating a new one for each new session, maybe using logrotate etc...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to retrieve the typed command

For examples, I have typed 4 commands in the command prompt: ls -la rm -rf /home/user1 du -k /home find . -name "abc.out" -print And now I want to retrieve the command which begin with letter "r" (i.e. rm -rf /home/user1), what can I do? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laum
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

i am not able to recall the command typed earlier in unix

i am not able to recall the command typed earlier in unix whenever i press esc key ^[ comes on the unix prompt . so esc k isnt working for me whenever i press backspace key i get ^H on my unix cursor need help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: murli1200
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to save all the command typed -urgent

hi I want to know how to save all the command used by all the used under a particular root with the time stamp in a file. Eg: User Name: UX10 Time: 10:56 Command: LS User Name: UX23 Time: 10:59 Command: MORE abc.txt Please do help. thanks and regards -Anand (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anandtharani
1 Replies

4. Programming

keep track of the last 10 commands the user typed

Can I do it like this? if (strcmp(argv, "history")==0) { argv = "10"; execvp(argc,argv); } actually, it doesn't work, How can I modify it? Thanks (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhshqzyc
17 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putty Input thru Windows

Hi anyone knows how to pass values to putty command prompt from MS windows. since i am have a shell script to get input of several lines. i dont want to type it rather than input values from some windows based application is there any way thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JACKDSOUZA
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make the typed text disappear...

Hi all... I-m quite a new user of UNIX and i was trying to write a simple program and my problem is the following:how can i make a typed letter disappear (as we see in the MORE command, when we type <space>, b, q etc...) i know that for typing some text that has to be read it's used the structure:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cellofan
0 Replies

7. HP-UX

View command was typed

Hello All, I Am A New Member To This Group. Could you show me how to view all command was typed the same Redhat. Every I type arrow up and down to show the command was type but nothing to see. I must type it again. it is very slow. Thanks hoavn (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hoavn
4 Replies

8. Linux

Syslog not logging successful logging while unlocking server's console

When unlocking a Linux server's console there's no event indicating successful logging Is there a way I can fix this ? I have the following in my rsyslog.conf auth.info /var/log/secure authpriv.info /var/log/secure (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walterthered
1 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Method to run a shell script using shortcut key in keyboard with out logging to putty

Dear All, I want to run a shell script with out logging to putty but configuring it to a keyboard short cut it windows PC. Can this be done? I want this to rename a log in a specified folder in a system Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chi_SL
8 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Loop Script with wget until exit is typed

Morning all, I am attempting to complete the below script which will do the following (skip the ping part) using Bash. Prompts the user to type in a URL to download, or to type exit to exit the script. If a URL is typed, wget to download the webpage and then loop back to prompting for a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jgerds1990
2 Replies
SESSION_NAME(3) 							 1							   SESSION_NAME(3)

session_name - Get and/or set the current session name

SYNOPSIS
string session_name ([string $name]) DESCRIPTION
session_name(3) returns the name of the current session. If $name is given, session_name(3) will update the session name and return the old session name. The session name is reset to the default value stored in session.name at request startup time. Thus, you need to call session_name(3) for every request (and before session_start(3) or session_register(3) are called). PARAMETERS
o $name - The session name references the name of the session, which is used in cookies and URLs (e.g. PHPSESSID). It should contain only alphanumeric characters; it should be short and descriptive (i.e. for users with enabled cookie warnings). If $name is specified, the name of the current session is changed to its value. Warning The session name can't consist of digits only, at least one letter must be present. Otherwise a new session id is generated every time. RETURN VALUES
Returns the name of the current session. If $name is given and function updates the session name, name of the old session is returned. EXAMPLES
Example #1 session_name(3) example <?php /* set the session name to WebsiteID */ $previous_name = session_name("WebsiteID"); echo "The previous session name was $previous_name<br />"; ?> SEE ALSO
The session.name configuration directive . PHP Documentation Group SESSION_NAME(3)