Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking [solaris]TCP clnt_max_conns testing tuning Post 302869819 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 31st of October 2013 08:23:52 AM
Old 10-31-2013
Suggested reading:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19683-01/...-26/index.html

Note the performance caveat at the bottom of the page.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

configure TCP/IP for solaris 8

Hello, I have 4 unix (Solaris 8) stations need to setup on network. what is a easy way and quick to setup TCP/IP so I can bring it online?. Please advise! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phapvn
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

Solaris 8 on Intel TCP/IP

I have just installed solaris 8 for Intel on one of my machines at home and I have a cable modem connection with a static IP and I am using a linksys cable/dsl router to assign IP's to my machines. I was wondering if any of you guys know the specific files and examples of the files I have to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reggie316
2 Replies

3. Solaris

[help] very need help for solaris TCP

hi expert, hi all very need help please advice, i have v890 production server (gateway server) which running on telecommunication application (e.g USSD application) on this few month i have a problem with the connection to application server, for 2 - 3 hours the connection always down and cannot... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucci
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Locked TCP port in Solaris 10

Hi all I haven't had much experience with Solaris 10 but we've started running into a problem where a process hangs, it is killed and leaves a zombie process. The sysadmins are saying this zombie process is locking a tcp port and not allowing the process to start up. The process is a usually... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: casphar
5 Replies

5. Solaris

TCP splicing for Solaris 10

Hi, How can I do tcp splicing in Solaris 10 ? Is there any software for this in solaris 10? Like in Linux there is "tcpsp-0.0.5.tar.gz" from following link: TCPSP Software - an open source TCP splicing implmentation Thanks n please help NeeleshG (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neel.gurjar
1 Replies

6. Web Development

MySQL Tuning Tools with mysqltuner.pl and tuning-primer.sh

We have been tuning MySQL lately and I ran accoss two useful tools that you might be interested in: mysqltuner.pl tuning-primer.sh Both of these scripts are quite useful for MySQL tuning. Here is some sample output of mysqltuner.pl >> MySQLTuner 0.9.8 - Major Hayden... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies

7. Solaris

maxuser - kernel tuning solaris 8

Hi all Seem to have a concurrent processes issue on a server of mine. At peak times, the application vendor reckons we need to up the amount, as it is reaching its limit and preventing any more processes. Looking in /etc/system, nothing has been set, so server is running with default... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris Performance tuning

Dear all, I have a Local zone , where users feel that performance is not good. Is it wise to collect the inputs from the local zone rather than taking from the global zone. And also Can I tune from Global zone , so that it will reflect in local zone. Rgds rj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
2 Replies

9. Solaris

TCP listner on Solaris server

Hi, I am having a solaris server. I want to start a dummy TCP listner on UNIX OS on a specific port can anyone please let me know the process. IP ADDRESS: 123.123.123.123 Port: 8010 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mayank2211
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Too much TCP retransmitted and TCP duplicate on server Oracle Solaris 10

I have problem with oracle solaris 10 running on oracle sparc T4-2 server. Os information: 5.10 Generic_150400-03 sun4v sparc sun4v Output from tcpstat.d script TCP bytes: out outRetrans in inDup inUnorder 6833763 7300 98884 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: insatiable1610
2 Replies
tapset::tcp(3stap)														tapset::tcp(3stap)

NAME
tapset::tcp - systemtap tcp tapset DESCRIPTION
This family of probe points is used to probe events that occur in the TCP layer, tcp.sendmsg Sending a tcp message See probe::tcp.sendmsg(3stap) for details. tcp.sendmsg.return Sending TCP message is done See probe::tcp.sendmsg.return(3stap) for details. tcp.recvmsg Receiving TCP message See probe::tcp.recvmsg(3stap) for details. tcp.recvmsg.return Receiving TCP message complete See probe::tcp.recvmsg.return(3stap) for details. tcp.disconnect TCP socket disconnection See probe::tcp.disconnect(3stap) for details. tcp.disconnect.return TCP socket disconnection complete See probe::tcp.disconnect.return(3stap) for details. tcp.setsockopt Call to setsockopt() See probe::tcp.setsockopt(3stap) for details. tcp.setsockopt.return Return from setsockopt() See probe::tcp.setsockopt.return(3stap) for details. tcp.receive Called when a TCP packet is received See probe::tcp.receive(3stap) for details. SEE ALSO
probe::tcp.sendmsg(3stap), probe::tcp.sendmsg.return(3stap), probe::tcp.recvmsg(3stap), probe::tcp.recvmsg.return(3stap), probe::tcp.disconnect(3stap), probe::tcp.disconnect.return(3stap), probe::tcp.setsockopt(3stap), probe::tcp.setsockopt.return(3stap), probe::tcp.receive(3stap), stap(1), stapprobes(3stap) IBM
--- tapset::tcp(3stap)