Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Convert From Month Number to Month Name Post 302869767 by Franklin52 on Thursday 31st of October 2013 06:43:08 AM
Old 10-31-2013
An example:
Code:
dat="2011-11-15"

echo $dat | 
awk -F- '{
  split("Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec", month, " ")
  print month[$2] OFS $3
}'

This User Gave Thanks to Franklin52 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To convert the numeric month into alphabetic

hi , This function actually gives me the last month but as a numeric value what should i do to get it as suppose :Jul date '+%b %Y' | { read MONTH YEAR MONTH=`expr "$MONTH" - 1` echo $MONTH } Thanks. Rooh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rooh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert DDMMYYYY to DD MONTH YYYY in Unix

Hi I am having date as a string in DDMMYYYY format(07082008) in a variable say cdate. I want to Convert it into DD Month YYYY format(7 August 2008). Could someone help. Thanks in Advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rspk_praveen
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert into month name

Hi, If I am having month like 2/3/4 then how can I convert it into month name like Feb/Mar/Apr.... Is there any defined function in Perl ?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshakraut
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

print previous month (current month minus 1) with Solaris date and ksh

Hi folks month=`date +%m`gives current month Howto print previous month (current month minus 1) with Solaris date and ksh (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to counting a specific word in a logfile on each day of this month, last month etc

Hello All, I am trying to come up with a shell script to count a specific word in a logfile on each day of this month, last month and the month before. I need to produce this report and email it to customer. Any ideas would be appreciated! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pnara2
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert date format such as 7/18/2015 to the number of month

How to convert date format such as 7/18/2015 to the number of month from requesting date 'date' in sh scripting ? Let say I have output in my log.txt -> 7/18/2015. How I convert it to the full number of month starting from 'date' till 7/18/2015 in shell scripting ? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amerabest
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Convert month(06) to String(Jun)

Hi All, From the below code i can see the value in M=05 and +1 added i.e 6. i am calling those 2 variables and the output is giving as 01-6-2013. But the required output should be 01-Jun-2013. Please let me know how can i get this format. M=$(date +%m) Y=$(date +%Y) if ; then ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranparsha
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add decimal month to some month in sql, php, perl, bash, sh?

Hello, i`m looking for some way to add to some date an partial number of months, for example to 2015y 02m 27d + 2,54m i need to write this script in php or bash or sh or mysql or perl in normal time o unix time i`m asking or there are any simple way to add partial number of month to some... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: bacarrdy
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need last month files after 10th of every month

Hi, I need all file names in a folder which has date >= 10th of last month, Example : files in folder AUTO_F1_20140610.TXT BUTO_F1_20140616.TXT CUTO_F1_20140603.TXT FA_AUTO_06012014.TXT LA_AUTO_06112014.TXT MA_AUTO_06212014.TXT ZA_AUTO_06232014.TXT Output: AUTO_F1_20140610.TXT... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani1984
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove new line and convert Month to Decimal

# Sample input common-name www.test.com.au expiration Dec 21 01:00:31 2017 GMT common-name www.test1.com.au expiration Jan 19 04:41:03 2018 GMT # Desired Output # Field 1: Domain name # Field 2: Date/time converted to Austraian format DD/MM/YYYY and on the same line as Domain Name. #... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: thangbom
7 Replies
exit(1) 							   User Commands							   exit(1)

NAME
exit, return, goto - shell built-in functions to enable the execution of the shell to advance beyond its sequence of steps SYNOPSIS
sh exit [n] return [n] csh exit [ ( expr )] goto label ksh *exit [n] *return [n] DESCRIPTION
sh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. If n is omitted the exit status is that of the last command executed (an EOF will also cause the shell to exit.) return causes a function to exit with the return value specified by n. If n is omitted, the return status is that of the last command exe- cuted. csh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit, either with the value of the status variable or with the value specified by the expression expr. The goto built-in uses a specified label as a search string amongst commands. The shell rewinds its input as much as possible and searches for a line of the form label: possibly preceded by space or tab characters. Execution continues after the indicated line. It is an error to jump to a label that occurs between a while or for built-in command and its corresponding end. ksh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the exit status is that of the last command executed. When exit occurs when executing a trap, the last command refers to the command that executed before the trap was invoked. An end-of-file will also cause the shell to exit except for a shell which has the ignoreeof option (See set below) turned on. return causes a shell function or '.' script to return to the invoking script with the return status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the return status is that of the last command executed. If return is invoked while not in a function or a '.' script, then it is the same as an exit. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
break(1), csh(1), ksh(1), sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 exit(1)