Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Convert From Month Number to Month Name Post 302869763 by erin00 on Thursday 31st of October 2013 06:10:33 AM
Old 10-31-2013
Convert From Month Number to Month Name

Hi,

I have a script that accepts an input date from the user in yyyy-mm-dd format.

I need to get the mm-dd part and convert it to month name.

example:

2011-11-15

I want that to become "Nov 15"

I don't have the GNU date, I am using an AIX os.

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To convert the numeric month into alphabetic

hi , This function actually gives me the last month but as a numeric value what should i do to get it as suppose :Jul date '+%b %Y' | { read MONTH YEAR MONTH=`expr "$MONTH" - 1` echo $MONTH } Thanks. Rooh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rooh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert DDMMYYYY to DD MONTH YYYY in Unix

Hi I am having date as a string in DDMMYYYY format(07082008) in a variable say cdate. I want to Convert it into DD Month YYYY format(7 August 2008). Could someone help. Thanks in Advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rspk_praveen
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert into month name

Hi, If I am having month like 2/3/4 then how can I convert it into month name like Feb/Mar/Apr.... Is there any defined function in Perl ?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshakraut
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

print previous month (current month minus 1) with Solaris date and ksh

Hi folks month=`date +%m`gives current month Howto print previous month (current month minus 1) with Solaris date and ksh (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to counting a specific word in a logfile on each day of this month, last month etc

Hello All, I am trying to come up with a shell script to count a specific word in a logfile on each day of this month, last month and the month before. I need to produce this report and email it to customer. Any ideas would be appreciated! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pnara2
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert date format such as 7/18/2015 to the number of month

How to convert date format such as 7/18/2015 to the number of month from requesting date 'date' in sh scripting ? Let say I have output in my log.txt -> 7/18/2015. How I convert it to the full number of month starting from 'date' till 7/18/2015 in shell scripting ? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amerabest
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Convert month(06) to String(Jun)

Hi All, From the below code i can see the value in M=05 and +1 added i.e 6. i am calling those 2 variables and the output is giving as 01-6-2013. But the required output should be 01-Jun-2013. Please let me know how can i get this format. M=$(date +%m) Y=$(date +%Y) if ; then ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranparsha
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add decimal month to some month in sql, php, perl, bash, sh?

Hello, i`m looking for some way to add to some date an partial number of months, for example to 2015y 02m 27d + 2,54m i need to write this script in php or bash or sh or mysql or perl in normal time o unix time i`m asking or there are any simple way to add partial number of month to some... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: bacarrdy
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need last month files after 10th of every month

Hi, I need all file names in a folder which has date >= 10th of last month, Example : files in folder AUTO_F1_20140610.TXT BUTO_F1_20140616.TXT CUTO_F1_20140603.TXT FA_AUTO_06012014.TXT LA_AUTO_06112014.TXT MA_AUTO_06212014.TXT ZA_AUTO_06232014.TXT Output: AUTO_F1_20140610.TXT... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani1984
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove new line and convert Month to Decimal

# Sample input common-name www.test.com.au expiration Dec 21 01:00:31 2017 GMT common-name www.test1.com.au expiration Jan 19 04:41:03 2018 GMT # Desired Output # Field 1: Domain name # Field 2: Date/time converted to Austraian format DD/MM/YYYY and on the same line as Domain Name. #... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: thangbom
7 Replies
HTML::FormHandler::Field::Date(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       HTML::FormHandler::Field::Date(3pm)

NAME
HTML::FormHandler::Field::Date - a date field with formats VERSION
version 0.40013 SUMMARY
This field may be used with the jQuery Datepicker plugin. You can specify the format for the date using jQuery formatDate strings or DateTime strftime formats. (Default format is format => '%Y-%m-%d'.) d - "%e" - day of month (no leading zero) dd - "%d" - day of month (two digit) o - "%{day_of_year}" - day of the year (no leading zeros) oo - "%j" - day of the year (three digit) D - "%a" - day name short DD - "%A" - day name long m - "%{day_of_month" - month of year (no leading zero) mm - "%m" - month of year (two digit) "%m" M - "%b" - month name short MM - "%B" - month name long y - "%y" - year (two digit) yy - "%Y" - year (four digit) @ - "%s" - Unix timestamp (ms since 01/01/1970) For example: has_field 'start_date' => ( type => 'Date', format => "dd/mm/y" ); or has_field 'start_date' => ( type => 'Date', format => "%d/%m/%y" ); You can also set 'date_end' and 'date_start' attributes for validation of the date range. Use iso_8601 formats for these dates ("yyyy-mm- dd"); has_field 'start_date' => ( type => 'Date', date_start => "2009-12-25" ); Customize error messages 'date_early' and 'date_late': has_field 'start_date' => ( type => 'Date, messages => { date_early => 'Pick a later date', date_late => 'Pick an earlier date', } ); If form has 'is_html5' flag active it will render <input type="date" ... /> instead of type="text" AUTHOR
FormHandler Contributors - see HTML::FormHandler COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by Gerda Shank. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-25 HTML::FormHandler::Field::Date(3pm)