Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris zone with full working NIC Post 302869651 by plmachiavel on Wednesday 30th of October 2013 04:52:38 PM
Old 10-30-2013
Impossible, to my knowledge, in Solaris 10 without an exclusive aka dedicated interface from the Global zone.

Please see:
https://www.unix.com/solaris/130824-how-make-zone-get-ip-external-dhcp-server.html

It shows how to dedicate a physical interface.

We tried to do the same thing you are trying to do and we're not able to accomplish it.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to force NIC full 100 dpx in Solaris 8

Does any body knows how to force NIC to 100 Full Duplex in Solaris 8, should survive after reboot or shutdown. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: s_aamir
1 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

How to force NIC full 100 dpx in Solaris 8

Does any body knows how to force NIC to 100 Full Duplex in Solaris 8, should survive after reboot or shutdown. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_aamir
2 Replies

3. Solaris

change NIC to 1000 Mbps full duplex

Hi all, I tried to use this command ndd -set /dev/eri adv_1000fdx_cap 1 but i get a "operation failed, Invalid argument" anyone can help ? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DarReNz
5 Replies

4. IP Networking

NIC speed 100M/full duplex problem

I have a TOSHIBA AS7000 B150 Sun Box I wanted to run it with 100M/full duplex I had added this to the /etc/system file to make to setting permenant So it would be set correctly on reboot. set eri:eri_adv_100fdx_cap=1 set eri:eri_adv_100hdx_cap=0 set eri:eri_adv_autoneg_cap=0 But when I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AirWalker83
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10, start inetd in a zone not working

Hello all, I`ve the following problem - I cannot start inetd in any way possible: bash-3.00# svcs inetd STATE STIME FMRI offline Jul_30 svc:/network/inetd:default bash-3.00# bash-3.00# svcadm enable -r inetd bash-3.00# svcs inetd STATE STIME FMRI... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: click
6 Replies

6. Solaris

x86 Solaris 10 nic driver added but not attached. NIC is not detected.

I couldn't install my nic in solaris 10. I compiled and added the driver but failed to attach the driver and ifconfig output shows only loopback dev. Please see the following output and tell me whether my nic has been detected and why the driver failed to attach? My nic is detected in linux... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 10: I forgot to detach a zone before zpool export. Uninstall zone?

Dear all, recently, I migrated a solaris zone from one host to another. The zone was inside of a zpool. The zpool cotains two volumes. I did the following: host1: $ zlogin zone1 shutdown -y -g0 -i0 #Zone status changes from running to installed $ zpool export zone1 host2: $ zpool... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: custos
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 11 Global zone patching having Solaris 10 branded zone

I am planning to do solaris 11 global zone patching having solaris 10 branded zone. I have a doubts on step 8 specially Can someone clear my step 8 doubts or if anything wrong between step 1 to step 9 please correct that also as I have pretty good idea about Step 10 mean patching in solaris 10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to create a Solaris local zone with an exclusive NIC?

I'm trying to migrate a Solaris 10 flar archive from a Sun M3000 to a T4-1. When I first created the zone I followed the Oracle instructions here: Transitioning an Oracle Solaris 10 Instance to an Oracle Solaris 11 System - Transitioning From Oracle Solaris 10 to Oracle Solaris 11 That worked... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michele31416
6 Replies
nsd-xfer(8)							    nsd 3.2.12							       nsd-xfer(8)

NAME
nsd-xfer - AXFR client to transfer zones from a name server SYNOPSIS
nsd-xfer [-4] [-6] [-a address[@port]] [-p port] [-s serial] [-T tsiginfo] [-v] -z zone -f file servers DESCRIPTION
Nsd-xfer is program to transfer zones from a name server using AXFR. NSD is a complete implementation of an authoritative DNS nameserver. OPTIONS
-4 Only send to IPv4 addresses. -6 Only send to IPv6 addresses. -a address[@port] Specify the source address (and port) to send from. -f file The file to store the zone in. -p port Specify the port to send to. -s serial Specify the serial of the current zone. The zone is only transferred if the master server has a zone with a greater serial number. -T tsiginfo Use TSIG to verify the zone transfer. The tsiginfo file must contain the TSIG key information. The file is removed upon successful reading of the key. The format of the tsiginfo file is described in the doc/README file (section 3.3). -v Be more verbose. -z zone Specify the zone to receive. servers List of nameservers to try. EXAMPLES
To run this program the standard way type: # nsd-xfer -z foobar.cz -f foobar.cz.zone 1.2.3.4 SEE ALSO
nsd(8), nsdc(8), nsd.conf(5), nsd-checkconf(8), nsd-notify(8), nsd-patch(8), zonec(8) AUTHORS
NSD was written by NLnet Labs and RIPE NCC joint team. Please see CREDITS file in the distribution for further details. NLnet Labs jul 19, 2012 nsd-xfer(8)