Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: MakeFile
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers MakeFile Post 302869459 by Corona688 on Wednesday 30th of October 2013 11:07:20 AM
Old 10-30-2013
Like most other script files, what you do with it really depends on what you want to do.

Code:
# Stuff I need to put in flags for compile step
CFLAGS=...
# Stuff I need to put in flags for linking step
LDFLAGS=...

primjer1.o:primjer1.c
primjer2.o:primjer2.c
primjer3.o primjer3.c

output:primjer1.o primjer2.o primjer3.o
        $(CC) $(LDFLAGS) primjer1.o primjer2.o primjer3.o -o $@

Note that whenever I have posted 8 leading spaces, it should be (and MUST be) a single tab to work in a makefile.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

about the makefile

can anyone well explain how to create a makefile? especially those commands in the makefile? BTW, what is CFLAG? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ligerdave
2 Replies

2. Programming

Makefile help

Hi, What I want to do is for make to reconstruct the target even if its dependencies have not changed. So, even if if the dependent files do not have a more recent timestamp, the commands are executed. The reason I want to do this.. 1)someone executes make on solaris. We have a solaris... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tantric
4 Replies

3. High Performance Computing

help with makefile

I am new to creating makefiles. I have several fortran programs in a folder called as "test" and also have several subroutines in another folder (which is inside this test folder) called as libry My makefile is in the folder "test" I want to create a makefile which can access the files in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: explorer
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Makefile problem - How to run module load in a Makefile

Hi, I'm trying to run the module load command in a Makefile and i'm getting the following error: make: module: command not found Why is this? Is there any way to run this command in a Makefile? NOTE: command - module load msjava/sunjdk/1.5.0 works fine outside of the Makefile (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hernandinho
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Makefile executing another Makefile first?

I have 2 libraries in 2 different directories that I build with Makefiles. library B depends on library A. If I modify a .cpp file in library A and run lib B's Makefile can I have B's makefile to automatically rebuild library A? I am now rebuilding A, followed by B... but I'd like B to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wwuster
0 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with Simple Multi-Level Makefile (Extremely New at Makefile)

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Basically, the prompt is make a makefile with various sub makefiles in their respective subdirectories. All code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tatl
1 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Makefile Help

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I have been trying to make the program swap but i have been getting errors with the makefile such as driver.o:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mgyeah
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with MakeFile

I'm really confused how to use a makefile. Are you supposed to be make a file from emacs called MakeFile and put code in there to compile? I am trying to create a makefile to compile two .cpp files in my current directory to produce two .o files and then link them... What I did was make a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jzhang172
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Makefile

Dear all, I have a quite simple question about how to manipulate "makefile.am". I intend to: 1. "CFLAGS" and "CXXFLAGS" have no value at all. I know that these values get "-g -O2" by default. On the other hand, when I try to set them as "CFLAGS = " in "makefile.am", I get warning messages... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dandan
4 Replies

10. Programming

Makefile for g++

Hi All, We have moved our OS from Sun Solaris to Linux and also some of the compilers. Our old makefile used to be as below: CC=cc FLAGS=-G -KPIC -DLG_SOLARIS_OS DEFINES=-DSunOS SYSLIBS=-lc .SUFFIXES : .c .c.o : ;$(CC) -c $(FLAGS) $(DEFINES) $*.c -o $*.o ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shash
3 Replies
NEON-CONFIG(1)							neon API reference						    NEON-CONFIG(1)

NAME
neon-config - script providing information about installed copy of neon library SYNOPSIS
neon-config [--prefix] [[--cflags] | [--libs] | [--la-file] | [--support feature] | [--help] | [--version]] DESCRIPTION
The neon-config script provides information about an installed copy of the neon library. The --cflags and --libs options instruct how to compile and link an application against the library; the --version and --support options can help determine whether the library meets the applications requirements. OPTIONS
--cflags Print the flags which should be passed to the C compiler when compiling object files, when the object files use neon header files. --libs Print the flags which should be passed to the linker when linking an application which uses the neon library --la-file Print the location of the libtool library script, libneon.la, which can be used to link against neon by applications using libtool. --version Print the version of the library --prefix dir If dir is given; relocate output of --cflags and --libs as if neon was installed in given prefix directory. Otherwise, print the installation prefix of the library. --support feature The script exits with success if feature is supported by the library. --help Print help message; includes list of known features and whether they are supported or not. EXAMPLE
Below is a Makefile fragment which could be used to build an application against an installed neon library, when the neon-config script can be found in $PATH. CFLAGS = `neon-config --cflags` LIBS = `neon-config --libs` OBJECTS = myapp.o TARGET = myapp $(TARGET): $(OBJECTS) $(CC) $(LDFLAGS) -o $(TARGET) $(OBJECTS) $(LIBS) myapp.o: myapp.c $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -c myapp.c -o myapp.o AUTHOR
Joe Orton <neon@lists.manyfish.co.uk> Author. COPYRIGHT
neon 0.29.6 3 May 2011 NEON-CONFIG(1)