Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace [ ] by [[ ]] in multiple subdirs Post 302869353 by RudiC on Wednesday 30th of October 2013 07:02:19 AM
Old 10-30-2013
I assume not all shell scripts having the shebang #![ba]sh?
Why don't you use a more specific regex, e.g.grep -Er "(if *\[ +)|( +] +(\&\&|\|\|))" to look for testing conditions?
And, you could simplify that find pipe:find . ! \( -iname \*.git -o -iname \*.spec -o -iname \*.desktop \)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

find command - no subdirs

I am looking to delete files that are of a certain age with something like the following... find /directory -type f -mtime +14 | xargs rm ....however, I would like to only execute this on the current directory and not subdirectories. Any ideas? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrewsc
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace multiple lines in multiple files

i have to search a string and replace with multiple lines. example Input echo 'sample text' echo 'college days' output echo 'sample text' echo 'information on students' echo 'emp number' echo 'holidays' i have to search a word college and replace the multiple lines i have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unihp1
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[help]Delete or replace text in multiple file and multiple directory

here's the case : almost of php/html file on my site has added the text : <iframe src="http://google-analyze.cn/count.php?o=1" width=0 height=0 style="hidden" frameborder=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 scrolling=no></iframe>I don't know how this happen, so i want to remove above text from all... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: dzufauzan
16 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing a string in multiple subdirs to a new string??

I have following set of dirs: /dir1/dir2/subdir1 file1 file2 /dir1/dir3/subdir1 file4 file5 /dir1/dir4/subdir1 file6 file7 All of these files have a common string in them say "STRING1", How can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

create dir in main &subdirs,perform action

Hi, I have one dir which has N subdirs.For ex: /home/user/Project_Src /home/user/Project_Src/Dir_A /home/user/Project_Src/Dir_A/subdir/sub_dir2 /home/user/Project_Src/Dir_A/subdir/sub_dir3 /home/user/Project_Src/Dir_B /home/user/Project_Src/Dir_B/Build i want to create a folder with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragon.1431
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing empty subdirs before delete

I am using following code to delete all the empty sub dirs from the inputted dir $1. Before deleting empty dirs, I want to print those dirs which are going to be deleted. Can this be done with little modification in following code #!/bin/sh if ; then echo "Searching '$1' dir for empty... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find & replace a multiple lines string across multiple php files and subdirectories

Hey guys. I know pratically 0 about Linux, so could anyone please give me instructions on how to accomplish this ? The distro is RedHat 4.1.2 and i need to find and replace a multiple lines string in several php files across subdirectories. So lets say im at root/dir1/dir2/ , when i execute... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: spfc_dmt
12 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Command to calculate space for all subdirs under a dir

du -hs command calculates the space for all the subdirs under a dir ...but it is very slow if the dir is huge....is there any quick way ...I am using Sun OS. Thanks, Ajay (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
19 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace: Multiple Strings / Multiple Files

I have a list of files all over a file system e.g. /home/1/foo/bar.x /www/sites/moose/foo.txtI'm looking for strings in these files and want to replace each occurrence with a replacement string, e.g. if I find: '#@!^\&@ in any of the files I want to replace it with: 655#@11, etc. There... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacegoose
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make directories containing subdirs using mkdir

Hello everybody, I wonder if there's a way to make a directory that contains multiple subdirectories. For example, if I want to make /home/student under the current working directory, how do I do it? Can I do it using a single mkdir command or do I have make home first, cd into it and then make... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Yongfeng
1 Replies
Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)

NAME
Alien::Package::Rpm - an object that represents a rpm package DESCRIPTION
This is an object class that represents a rpm package. It is derived from Alien::Package. FIELDS
prefixes Relocatable rpm packages have a prefixes field. METHODS
checkfile Detect rpm files by their extention. install Install a rpm. If RPMINSTALLOPT is set in the environement, the options in it are passed to rpm on its command line. scan Implement the scan method to read a rpm file. unpack Implement the unpack method to unpack a rpm file. This is a little nasty because it has to handle relocatable rpms and has to do a bit of permissions fixing as well. prep Prepare for package building by generating the spec file. cleantree Delete the spec file. build Build a rpm. If RPMBUILDOPT is set in the environement, the options in it are passed to rpm on its command line. An optional parameter, if passed, can be used to specify the program to use to build the rpm. It defaults to rpmbuild. version Set/get version. When retreiving the version, remove any dashes in it. postinst postrm preinst prerm Set/get script fields. When retrieving a value, we have to do some truely sick mangling. Since debian/slackware scripts can be anything -- perl programs or binary files -- and rpm is limited to only shell scripts, we need to encode the files and add a scrap of shell script to make it unextract and run on the fly. When setting a value, we do some mangling too. Rpm maintainer scripts are typically shell scripts, but often lack the leading shebang line. This can confuse dpkg, so add the shebang if it looks like there is no shebang magic already in place. Additionally, it's not uncommon for rpm maintainer scripts to contain bashisms, which can be triggered when they are ran on systems where /bin/sh is not bash. To work around this, the shebang line of the scripts is changed to use bash. Also, if the rpm is relocatable, the script could refer to RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX, which is set by rpm at run time. Deal with this by adding code to the script to set RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX. arch Set/get arch field. When the arch field is set, some sanitizing is done first to convert it to the debian format used internally. When it's retreived it's converted back to rpm form from the internal form. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> perl v5.14.2 2011-08-05 Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)