Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Eth0 not running in redhat 6.4 Post 302868847 by vamshigvk475 on Tuesday 29th of October 2013 03:08:16 AM
Old 10-29-2013
have you ever tried #ifconfig eth0 <ip> up

Try this.... It will up the interface and allocate ip for that.....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Linux eth0 incative

Hi there, I got a problem with my linux eth0. It worked well, just one day when i boot it, "Failed" to be active. The eth0 is inactive! I tried to use KDE network configuration tool to add the type of the eth card, I can't make it active. It gave me warning of "the eth card can't be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gusla
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

Adding an IP to eth0

Hi there guys! I have a small task that I have to accomplish, but I don't seem to be able to do that. I have a server that I don't have physical access to, and I mostly control it with webmin. The server is running 2 websites. Both of these websites have their own domains that are linked to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: D-Lexy
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check both the processores running or not in redhat linux

Hi, We have dual processor dell machine loaded with redhat linux 7.2. It was working fine without any problem but recently power went off so suddenly system switched off. From then onwards system is running very slow. My suspect is on processor. How to check both the processors running properly or... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
8 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Trying to config eth0 - Ubuntu

Greetings, I have installed a Ubuntu server and attempting put a static IP address on interface ETH0. I edited the /etc/network/interfaces with the following: auto eth0 iface eth0 inet static address 192.168.203.270 gateway 192.168.203.1 netwask 255.255.255.0 network 192.168.0.0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jroberson
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Problems running redhat config samba in the GUI

hi Recently the above option has stopped working all together. On clicking on this option it appears as though the window will open as the outline of the box appears but nothing more. On running this from a command prompt within the GUI , I get the following error: The last line... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: timcs
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can I find which one is eth0?

Hi, Just installed Centos 5.1 on HP DL360, on this system I have to close to ten nic's. How can I find which one is eth0? When I do " ifconfig -a" I see all of them, but I can't tell which is eth0? Please advice. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

redhat 5.2 tikanga crond running but not reading crontab file

Issue:crond is running, can even restart it and /var/log/cron shows it starting. The /etc/crontab file is correct as compared to another machine. I set the crontab file to enter a datestamp into a file under /tmp every minute. Thing is, the crontab file is not being read or cron is not working... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: robjmarquez
12 Replies

8. Red Hat

Eth0 Limitations

Hi, I have noticed some performance issues on my RHEL5 server but the memory and CPU utilization on the box is fine. I have a 1G full duplexed eth0 card and I am suspicious that this may be causing the problem. My eth0 settings are as follows: Settings for eth0: Supported ports: ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
12 Replies

9. Red Hat

Not showing ifcfg eth0....redhat enterprise Linux 6.2

Hello, I'm using dell inspiron 14R laptop and I installed Redhat enterprise 6.2 on this. After successfully installation i did not found any network interface on this. when i'm trying to load/add qeth driver . The driver is not found showing this message. Bash: lsmod | grep qeth Bash:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dearsumon
4 Replies

10. IP Networking

iptables On for eth0 and off for other interfaces

Hi all, I am running a CentOS 6.4 box as an IDS and I need to configure one interface as the management interface which will require a firewall. However other ports (in promisc mode without IP) will have to be configured such that IPtables allows all traffic. I need to achieve this by editing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: landossa
4 Replies
IFSYSCTL(5)						       Network configuration						       IFSYSCTL(5)

NAME
ifsysctl[-<interface name>] - per network interface sysctl settings SYNOPSIS
/etc/sysconfig/network/ifsysctl /etc/sysconfig/network/ifsysctl-<interface name> DESCRIPTION
These files are intended to contain sysctl settings, that should be applied when a network interface is created. This are usually interface specific settings, like: net.ipv6.conf.eth0.use_tempaddr = 1 or net.ipv4.conf.eth0.rp_filter = 0 The settings are applied by the /etc/sysconfig/network/scripts/ifup-sysctl script executed via /etc/udev/rules.d/77-network.rules rule (see udev(7)), after the creation and after the rename of the interface name to its persistent name (when applicable), but before the ifup <interface name> -o hotplug may be executed to configure the interface. The settings are not applied by default when the NetworkManager is active (NETWORKMANAGER=yes), except when the IFSYSCTL_NETWORKMANAGER=yes variable is set in the /etc/sysconfig/network/config file. Settings from the ifsysctl- file are applied every time an interface has been created. Settings from the ifsysctl-interface name file are applied when the interface with the corresponding interface name has been created. SYNTAX
The sysctl(8) utility is required to apply the settings. It supports two separator characters for sysctl keywords: a "." in default format and a "/" in the alternate format. Therefore the syntax is basically same to the /etc/sysctl.conf file. Interface names may contain a ".". In the default sysctl format using a "." as separator, that is any "." in the interface name of the key- word, has to be replaced with a "/". In the alternate sysctl format with "/" as separator, normal interface names can be used. Optionally, the ifsysctl files may contain also the $INTERFACE and the $SYSCTL_IF variables, that are automatically replaced with the cur- rent interface name usable in the alternate format and with the sysctl-quoted interface name for the default format, before the settings are passed to the sysctl utility. Note also, that settings with variables in the ifsysctl (without the -<interface name> suffix), will be applied for every interface! Further, files with variables are not compatible to the /etc/sysctl.conf file. EXAMPLES
Settings for "eth0" and "eth0.1" interfaces # using "." as separator: net.ipv6.conf.eth0.use_tempaddr = 1 net.ipv6.conf.eth0/1.use_tempaddr = 1 # using "/" as separator: net/ipv6/conf/eth0/use_tempaddr = 1 net/ipv6/conf/eth0.0/use_tempaddr = 1 Settings with variables: # using "." as separator: net.ipv6.conf.$SYSCTL_IF.use_tempaddr = 1 # using "/" as separator: net/ipv6/conf/$INTERFACE/use_tempaddr = 1 To test your ifsysctl-eth0 or ifsysctl file, use: /etc/sysconfig/network/scripts/ifup-sysctl eth0 -o debug BUGS
Please report bugs at <https://bugzilla.novell.com/> AUTHOR
Marius Tomaschewski <mt@suse.de> SEE ALSO
ifup(8) ifcfg(5) sysctl(8) sysconfig December 2009 IFSYSCTL(5)