Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ls to find to copy
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ls to find to copy Post 302868763 by darbs121 on Monday 28th of October 2013 05:21:22 PM
Old 10-28-2013
Sorry
I have a folder called update with multiple files in it. There are exsisting files with the same name in the app folder. i want to search for each file from the update directory in the app directory then over write the corresponding files in the app directory

so something like this

Code:
ls /update
   file1.txt
   file2.txt
   file3.txt

find each file name in /app

copy file from /update to the matching file name in /app (all in different sub directories)

Hope that helps

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HOw to find and copy

Hi, I need to find files in a directory, between dates like 4/15/06 and 5/02/06, and copy them to a different directory. Is there a way to doa find and a copy together? Thanks, Neil (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aaajohnson
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need to help to find and copy to a file

I am trying to search for files and copy them into a text file. Can anybody help me how to do that. find /test/sds/data -name "*.*" -mtime -365 -exec ls -altr {} \ this is my find command and want to copy the result to a file. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pujars1
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Find All/Copy Script

Hi Gang, I am an old unix user and just recently returned in the flavor of a Mac. I have tons of pictures in the .orf format and would like to write a script to: Search the Hard drives for that file type Then, depending on date, copy it to a specific folder If there is an exact... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jlfx
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find and copy files from one directory to another

Ok i have three directories Destination - /u/dir1 (has subdirectories dir2 which also has subdirectory dir3) Source1 - /u/test/files/dir1/dir2/dir3 Source2 - /u/out/images/dir1/dir2/dir3 What i would like to do is copy everything from Source1 and Source2 into the Destination directory.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ziggy25
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find files and then copy them to another

I must write any shell script. I want find files which have .txt extension and then copy them to other, whithout this extension, for example: I found linux.out.txt file, and now it must be copy to new, linux.out. So: linux.out.txt -> linux.out ubuntu.config.txt -> ubuntu.config ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: piespluto
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with find and copy command

I entered the following command find . -type f \( -newer startdate -a ! -newer enddate \) -exec cp tmp {} \; I got the following error: cp: 0653-436 tmp is a directory. Specify -r or -R to copy. What's happening here? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and copy

> Advice please as much as possible to fill in large file in various folder to the server > Folder structure /www/1.org/htdocs /www/2.org/htdocs /www/3.org/htdocs > Can tell me there is a way to fill in large file into htdocs, and then climb > In each Diru and load for a long time. Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lol100
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and copy these files to particular directory

RedHat Enterprise Linux 5.4 I have some files with the extension .cdp in several directories in various mountpoints(filesystems) . I would like to find and copy all these files into a single directory /u03/diagnore/data. How can I do this ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with find and copy

Hi , As i am a dummy in shell scripting ,i was trying to find the files which are created today and hold them in variable and the copy them to a location using a partcular command this is what did. can any one help.There may be many files under the path SOURCE=/path/to/files/ A= find... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikatakavi
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and Copy Directories ONLY

I am trying to copy only the date specific folders/directories using the following command. However, the following copy command is also copying files from the root folder (OriginalFolder). find /OriginalFolder/ -type -d \{ -mtime 1 -o -mtime 2 \ } -exec cp -R {} /CopyTo/'hostname'__CopyTo/ \;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: apacheLinux
2 Replies
TNTNET-CONFIG(1)					      General Commands Manual						  TNTNET-CONFIG(1)

NAME
tntnet-config - output compiler flags for tntnet usage SYNOPSIS
tntnet-config [--libs] [--cxxflags] [--config[=app]] [--makefile[=app]] [--project=app] [--autoproject=app] [--help] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the tntnet-config command. OPTIONS
This program's options start with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --libs Output linker flags. --cxxflags Output C++ preprocessor and compiler flags. --config[=app] Print default configuration file. --makefile[=app] Print a simple makefile for an ecpp project. --project=app Create a simple ecpp project directory. --autoproject=app Create a autotools based ecpp project. --help Show summary of options. --version Show version of program. AUTHOR
tntnet was written by Tommi Makitalo <tommi@tntnet.org>. This manual page was written by Kari Pahula <kaol@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). SEE ALSO
tntnet(8), ecppc(1), ecppl(1), ecppll(1). More documentation can be found in /usr/share/doc/tntnet-doc/. July 3, 2006 TNTNET-CONFIG(1)