Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Find and cat top lines recursively Post 302868723 by darbs121 on Monday 28th of October 2013 04:03:25 PM
Old 10-28-2013
AWESOME!

bartus11 - that worked perfectly!
Thank you so much for the fast reply!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the number of non-duplicate names recursively.

Hi, here comes another newbie question: How to find the number of non-duplicate names recursively? For example, my files are stored in the folders like: If I do find . -depth -name "*.txt" | wc -l This will gives out a result "4". One .txt file named "1.txt" in folder "1", and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiapei100
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get only filename in a recursively find command

Hi i would like to ask on how to accomplish the FF: I want to execute a find command recursively and only get the filename something like i want only the last field set if is used ever the fieldvset as an redirection from the output of the find command For example: dir1/dir2/filename1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

recursively Grep particular words among lines from a file

dear experts, Could you please help me to write a command/script to find follwing: from the log file i want to grep "resCode89270200100001552311" after that only "<resultCode>40614</resultCode>" it will be like that: resCode89270200100001552311 <resultCode>40614</resultCode> ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursively *.ext files using find

HI, Getting the syntax error " find: missing conjunction" for the below code D1_DIR=/x/y/z D1_NAME=file_name FILE_DIR=pset for file in `find ${D1_DIR}/${D1_NAME} -name "*\.${FILE_DIR}" /dev/null {} \;` do echo $file done #Trying to find all the files with *.pset... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cvsanthosh
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursively cat files in a directory with filename printed first.

I want to recursively cat the content of files in a directory e.g. find /etc -type f -exec cat {} \; But I want it to print the file name first and then the content. For example let's say /etc/statetab and /etc/colord.conf will be printed first then I want the output to look something like; ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lewk
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find command not searching recursively

I'm searching for particular scripts that contain pattern "BASIS" so I used the following command: find . -type f -print | xargs grep "BASIS" or find . -type f -exec grep "BASIS" {} \; However, I found out that the find command in the UNIX box that I'm working on doesn't find files... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Gamemaster
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print n lines from top and n lines from bottom of all files with .log extenstion

Oracle Linux 6.4 In a directory I have more than 300 files with the extension .log I want the first 5 and last 5 lines of these .log files to be printed on screen with each file's name. Expected output : Printing first 5 and last 5 lines of FX_WT_Feb8_2014.log !! Authentication... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find and replace a string with spaces and / recursively?

Hi all, I wanted to find and replace an email id from entire directory structure on a Linux server. I found that find . -type f -print0 | xargs -0 sed -i 's/abc@yahoo.com/xyz@gmail.com/g' would do it perfectly. But my search criteria has extended and now I want to search for a string1 like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pat_pramod
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and rename file recursively

Hi, I have a directory which contains multiple files with .txt extension, i want to rename all these file to .bak extension using find command, this is what i've tried, please help me to correct this : find /home/application/test -name '*.txt' -exec rename 's/txt/bak/' {} \; seems to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find file type recursively and move

Hello, I supposed that it was working fine but now I see that it's not working as expected. I am running under ubuntu14.04, trusty. My plan was to search folderA and all subdirectories and move any txt file to destination folder, folderB : find /home/user/folderA/ -type f -iname "*.txt"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
0 Replies
xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(3)					   XCB Requests 				       xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(3)

NAME
xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma - SYNOPSIS
#include <xcb/randr.h> Request function xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_cookie_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_randr_crtc_t crtc); Reply datastructure typedef struct xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t { uint8_t response_type; uint8_t pad0; uint16_t sequence; uint32_t length; uint16_t size; uint8_t pad1[22]; } xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t; Reply function xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_cookie_t cookie, xcb_generic_error_t **e); Reply accessors uint16_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_red(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_red_length(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_red_end(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); uint16_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_green(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_green_length(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_green_end(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); uint16_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_blue(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_blue_length(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_blue_end(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); REQUEST ARGUMENTS
conn The XCB connection to X11. crtc TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. REPLY FIELDS
response_type The type of this reply, in this case XCB_RANDR_GET_CRTC_GAMMA. This field is also present in the xcb_generic_reply_t and can be used to tell replies apart from each other. sequence The sequence number of the last request processed by the X11 server. length The length of the reply, in words (a word is 4 bytes). size TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. DESCRIPTION
RETURN VALUE
Returns an xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_cookie_t. Errors have to be handled when calling the reply function xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply. If you want to handle errors in the event loop instead, use xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_unchecked. See xcb-requests(3) for details. ERRORS
This request does never generate any errors. SEE ALSO
AUTHOR
Generated from randr.xml. Contact xcb@lists.freedesktop.org for corrections and improvements. XCB
2014-06-10 xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(3)