Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Emc powerpath device & zfs query Post 302868605 by badoshi on Monday 28th of October 2013 10:32:53 AM
Old 10-28-2013
thanks for the advice Peasant.

Yes, I had a feeling we were over complicating things. I will push for the zpool mirror method. Attach the new lun (referencing the EMC pseudo device), wait for sync and detach old device.

Cheers.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Can Veritas DMP & EMC PowerPath coexist?

We currently have a Solaris box connected to a Clariion storage system that is utilising DMP for path failover. I would prefer to use EMC's Powerpath and was wondering if the two can coexist? Basically, I am struggling to find any documentation on the subject and was wonder if anyone can give me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaron2k
2 Replies

2. Linux

Query about creating sysfs directory under device driver

Hi all, Currently i am involved in developing a device driver for a custom hardware. My linux stack already has the sysfs directory structure /sys/class/hwmon/ My need is that, while loading my device driver i need to create a "xyz" sysfs directory inside hwmon sysfs directory as... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbalu
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Query related to device naming of SATA

Friends, Could u please clarify how does a Solaris 10 machine recognize a SATA hard disk, SATA CD/DVD drives. Will it recognize it like a SCSI? eg.c0t0d0 or like ide ? eg.c0d0 thank u. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
11 Replies

4. Red Hat

Configure EMC Powerpath?

Hi , I have a redhat 5.3 server which has 2 vg.. one is rootvg in local harddisk and another one is applicationvg in SAN.. When I reboot the server , EMC powerpath driver is not starting up automatically. Hence applicationvg is not mounting properly. Therefore I need to unmount it manually and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Makri
4 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Mapping between "Pseudo name" and "Logical device ID" in powerpath with SVM changed....

Dear All, I was having powerpath 5.2 on SUN server with SVM connected to CLARIION box.Please find the following output : root # powermt display dev=all Pseudo name=emcpower3a CLARiiON ID=CK200073400372 Logical device ID=60060160685D1E004DD97FB647BFDC11 state=alive; policy=CLAROpt;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Reboot
1 Replies

6. Solaris

ZFS snapshot query

I saved one of my zfs snapshot on the remote machine with following command. And now i want to restore the same snapshot to original server how can i receive it on the original server from backup server. #zfs send rpool/ROOT/sol10_patched@preConfig | ssh x.x.x.x zfs receive... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

7. AIX

Help with EMC BCV device

I'm trying to auto-mount EMC Symmetrix BCV device at boot. but having problem making BCV available. I put script called mkbcv to the inittab and engineer suggested to add 120 sec sleep between cfgmgr so I did that also. My mkbcv script seems to be working fine, it says "hdisk4 Available" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shuhei365
1 Replies

8. Linux

EMC, PowerPath and issue on using LUN

Hello guys, I'm going crazy over here with a problem with a LUN created on a EMC CX3. I did sucessfully managed to create the LUN on the Storage (the LUN is named DBLNX25EC_TST), after doing the following process: echo "1" > /sys/class/fc_host/host<n>/issue_lip and echo "- - -" >... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zarnick
10 Replies

9. Solaris

One emc powerpath failed

It seems like I lost one path on my Solaris-11 box. But I want to make sure before going to Storage team, if issue is from OS side or Storage side. Storage team is able to see that only one wwwn is looged in their switch. I am not at server's physical location. What does below output says ? I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Setting up Solaris & ZFS for the first time

Hello All I’ve made the decision to switch my storage server from FreeNAS to Solaris. I opted to use FreeNAS as it has ZFS and until BTRFS is stable, it’s the best option (IMHO) for backup and network storage. The switch was facilitated by the USB stick that FreeNAS was on got lost during a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BlueDalek
1 Replies
GRUB-FSTEST(1)                                                     User Commands                                                    GRUB-FSTEST(1)

NAME
grub-fstest - debug tool for GRUB filesystem drivers SYNOPSIS
grub-fstest [OPTION...] IMAGE_PATH COMMANDS DESCRIPTION
Debug tool for filesystem driver. Commands: blocklist FILE Display blocklist of FILE. cat FILE Copy FILE to standard output. cmp FILE LOCAL Compare FILE with local file LOCAL. cp FILE LOCAL Copy FILE to local file LOCAL. crc FILE Get crc32 checksum of FILE. hex FILE Show contents of FILE in hex. ls PATH List files in PATH. xnu_uuid DEVICE Compute XNU UUID of the device. -c, --diskcount=NUM Specify the number of input files. -C, --crypto Mount crypto devices. -d, --debug=STRING Set debug environment variable. -K, --zfs-key=FILE|prompt Load zfs crypto key. -n, --length=NUM Handle N bytes in output file. -r, --root=DEVICE_NAME Set root device. -s, --skip=NUM Skip N bytes from output file. -u, --uncompress Uncompress data. -v, --verbose print verbose messages. -?, --help give this help list --usage give a short usage message -V, --version print program version Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. SEE ALSO
grub-probe(8) The full documentation for grub-fstest is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-fstest programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-fstest should give you access to the complete manual. grub-fstest (GRUB) 2.02-2ubuntu8.3 July 2018 GRUB-FSTEST(1)