Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Removing VBSEO for vbulletin – Reverting back to vbulletin URLs Post 302868423 by TheSSDReview on Sunday 27th of October 2013 06:36:47 PM
Old 10-27-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
... and you did not answer my (indirect) question about a test forum.

Are you doing this experimenting on a live forum and not a test forum?
Live forum....learn as I go.

---------- Post updated at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous update was at 06:31 PM ----------

I am sorry but I don't understand rewrite base at all. Not educated and have recieved so much bad advise (other than yours) that I am learning as i go....was hoping there was just a simple rewrite code to go from the VBSEO structure of 567.htm to showthread.php?t=567

Can I hire you eheheheh

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

vbulletin addon for ads?

i'm wondering what vbulletin addon is used here to manage ads if the admin could let me know :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: disgust
1 Replies
URLWATCH(1)							   User Commands						       URLWATCH(1)

NAME
urlwatch - Watch web pages and arbitrary URLs for changes SYNOPSIS
urlwatch [options] DESCRIPTION
urlwatch watches a list of URLs for changes and prints out unified diffs of the changes. You can filter always-changing parts of websites by providing a "hooks.py" script. OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show the help message and exit -v, --verbose Show debug/log output --urls=FILE Read URLs from the specified file --hooks=FILE Use specified file as hooks.py module -e, --display-errors Include HTTP errors (404, etc..) in the output ADVANCED FEATURES
urlwatch includes some advanced features that you have to activate by creating a hooks.py file that specifies for which URLs to use a spe- cific feature. You can also use the hooks.py file to filter trivially-varying elements of a web page. ICALENDAR FILE PARSING This module allows you to parse .ics files that are in iCalendar format and provide a very simplified text-based format for the diffs. Use it like this in your hooks.py file: from urlwatch import ical2txt def filter(url, data): if url.endswith('.ics'): return ical2txt.ical2text(data).encode('utf-8') + data # ...you can add more hooks here... HTML TO TEXT CONVERSION There are three methods of converting HTML to text in the current version of urlwatch: "lynx" (default), "html2text" and "re". The former two use command-line utilities of the same name to convert HTML to text, and the last one uses a simple regex-based tag stripping method (needs no extra tools). Here is an example of using it in your hooks.py file: from urlwatch import html2txt def filter(url, data): if url.endswith('.html') or url.endswith('.htm'): return html2txt.html2text(data, method='lynx') # ...you can add more hooks here... FILES
~/.urlwatch/urls.txt A list of HTTP/FTP URLs to watch (one URL per line) ~/.urlwatch/lib/hooks.py A Python module that can be used to filter contents ~/.urlwatch/cache/ The state of web pages is saved in this folder AUTHOR
Thomas Perl <thp@thpinfo.com> WEBSITE
http://thpinfo.com/2008/urlwatch/ urlwatch 1.11 July 2010 URLWATCH(1)