Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Stop/start script problem on Solaris-10 Post 302868117 by solaris_1977 on Saturday 26th of October 2013 01:42:54 AM
Old 10-26-2013
It worked.
Thanks Don and Scrutinizer

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Start/Stop Script

I'm a newbie to the Unix world Help! I have to maintain a host of Sybase database servers sitting on Unix Sun Solaris 8...I've been tasked with finding/creating a way to auto start/stop Unix via unix commands, specifically when the Unix servers need to be restarted we want Sybase to start... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjv1
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Help: how to start/stop FTP server in solaris?

As the title. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eddsos
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to start and stop the network in Solaris 9??

Hi how do I start or stop the network interfaces in Solaris 9 I have tried "/etc/init.d/network stop" but it doesn't work thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eldiego
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Auto Start/Stop Didnt Work in Solaris 10

Hi...all database - 10g Rs 2 with ASM platform - Sun Solaris V890 64bit This is the step i use to auto start the database n ASM: (auto start can start but need to kill lsvcrun first) 1 dbora---script 2 start_shutdown_asm.ksh---script 3. Dbora file must be put under /etc/init.d directory... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adzuanamir
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

Problem with Stop Script during shutdown of o/s

Friends , I create two script for oracle database startup and shutdown . $ cat start.sh ORACLE_HOME=/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1 ORACLE_OWNER=oracle su - oracle << ! sqlplus / as sysdba << ! startup $ cat stop.sh ORACLE_HOME=/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help making a start/stop script...

i have two separate scripts that work nicely to curl and generate two files.. one html and one txt so a total of four. When the script starts up i want it to: call and run shellscripta call and run shellscriptb sleep for about 40 seconds again run shellscripta again run shellscriptb check... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpfreak
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with stop/start Shell Script.

Hi All, I would like to develop a shell script for stop & start an application server (1-4) on Solaris box. Here are the user requirements for this task. 1. User will input the option which server they wish to stop. 2. Will clear cache files from specific location. 3. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venga
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for Websphere MQ Queue Manager start/stop

Hello All, I am completely new to shell scripting. I had to write a script that starts and stop the queue manager in Websphere MQ. We are on Linux 64-bit patform. The script should stop the queue manager and all the processes related to websphere MQ. It should be a clean stop. Once the queue... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pady1224
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to stop and start server

Hi, I need to create a shell script for automated server patching, with the following scenario: I have two Linux servers Primary and secondary. Server patching should start on Primary 1st and then secondary. 1st check both servers are up and running. Then stop primary and patching will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rcroyal88
1 Replies
PAM_LASTLOG(8)							 Linux-PAM Manual						    PAM_LASTLOG(8)

NAME
pam_lastlog - PAM module to display date of last login SYNOPSIS
pam_lastlog.so [debug] [silent] [never] [nodate] [nohost] [noterm] [nowtmp] [noupdate] [showfailed] DESCRIPTION
pam_lastlog is a PAM module to display a line of information about the last login of the user. In addition, the module maintains the /var/log/lastlog file. Some applications may perform this function themselves. In such cases, this module is not necessary. OPTIONS
debug Print debug information. silent Don't inform the user about any previous login, just update the /var/log/lastlog file. never If the /var/log/lastlog file does not contain any old entries for the user, indicate that the user has never previously logged in with a welcome message. nodate Don't display the date of the last login. noterm Don't display the terminal name on which the last login was attempted. nohost Don't indicate from which host the last login was attempted. nowtmp Don't update the wtmp entry. noupdate Don't update any file. showfailed Display number of failed login attempts and the date of the last failed attempt from btmp. The date is not displayed when nodate is specified. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
Only the session module type is provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_SUCCESS Everything was successful. PAM_SERVICE_ERR Internal service module error. PAM_USER_UNKNOWN User not known. EXAMPLES
Add the following line to /etc/pam.d/login to display the last login time of an user: session required pam_lastlog.so nowtmp FILES
/var/log/lastlog Lastlog logging file SEE ALSO
pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(7) AUTHOR
pam_lastlog was written by Andrew G. Morgan <morgan@kernel.org>. Linux-PAM Manual 06/04/2011 PAM_LASTLOG(8)