Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Stop/start script problem on Solaris-10 Post 302868109 by solaris_1977 on Saturday 26th of October 2013 12:14:46 AM
Old 10-26-2013
Below is from working server, you are right
Code:
/# ls -l /dev/null
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         27 Jun 30  2009 /dev/null -> ../devices/pseudo/mm@0:null

How should I recreate it with mknod option ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Start/Stop Script

I'm a newbie to the Unix world Help! I have to maintain a host of Sybase database servers sitting on Unix Sun Solaris 8...I've been tasked with finding/creating a way to auto start/stop Unix via unix commands, specifically when the Unix servers need to be restarted we want Sybase to start... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjv1
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Help: how to start/stop FTP server in solaris?

As the title. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eddsos
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to start and stop the network in Solaris 9??

Hi how do I start or stop the network interfaces in Solaris 9 I have tried "/etc/init.d/network stop" but it doesn't work thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eldiego
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Auto Start/Stop Didnt Work in Solaris 10

Hi...all database - 10g Rs 2 with ASM platform - Sun Solaris V890 64bit This is the step i use to auto start the database n ASM: (auto start can start but need to kill lsvcrun first) 1 dbora---script 2 start_shutdown_asm.ksh---script 3. Dbora file must be put under /etc/init.d directory... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adzuanamir
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

Problem with Stop Script during shutdown of o/s

Friends , I create two script for oracle database startup and shutdown . $ cat start.sh ORACLE_HOME=/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1 ORACLE_OWNER=oracle su - oracle << ! sqlplus / as sysdba << ! startup $ cat stop.sh ORACLE_HOME=/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help making a start/stop script...

i have two separate scripts that work nicely to curl and generate two files.. one html and one txt so a total of four. When the script starts up i want it to: call and run shellscripta call and run shellscriptb sleep for about 40 seconds again run shellscripta again run shellscriptb check... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpfreak
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with stop/start Shell Script.

Hi All, I would like to develop a shell script for stop & start an application server (1-4) on Solaris box. Here are the user requirements for this task. 1. User will input the option which server they wish to stop. 2. Will clear cache files from specific location. 3. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venga
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for Websphere MQ Queue Manager start/stop

Hello All, I am completely new to shell scripting. I had to write a script that starts and stop the queue manager in Websphere MQ. We are on Linux 64-bit patform. The script should stop the queue manager and all the processes related to websphere MQ. It should be a clean stop. Once the queue... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pady1224
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to stop and start server

Hi, I need to create a shell script for automated server patching, with the following scenario: I have two Linux servers Primary and secondary. Server patching should start on Primary 1st and then secondary. 1st check both servers are up and running. Then stop primary and patching will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rcroyal88
1 Replies
OPENPTY(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						OPENPTY(3)

NAME
openpty, login_tty, forkpty -- tty utility functions SYNOPSIS
#include <util.h> int openpty(int *amaster, int *aslave, char *name, struct termios *termp, struct winsize *winp); int login_tty(int fd); pid_t forkpty(int *amaster, char *name, struct termios *termp, struct winsize *winp); DESCRIPTION
The openpty(), login_tty(), and forkpty() functions perform manipulations on ttys and pseudo-ttys. The openpty() function allocates a pseudo-tty and returns file descriptors for the master and slave in amaster and aslave. If name is non- null, the filename of the slave is returned in name. If termp is non-null, the terminal parameters of the slave will be set to the values in termp. If winp is non-null, the window size of the slave will be set to the values in winp. The login_tty() function prepares for a login on the tty fd (which may be a real tty device, or the slave of a pseudo-tty as returned by openpty()) by creating a new session, making fd the controlling terminal for the current process, setting fd to be the standard input, out- put, and error streams of the current process, and closing fd. The forkpty() function combines openpty(), fork(), and login_tty() to creates a new process operating in a pseudo-tty. The file descriptor of the master side of the pseudo-tty is returned in amaster, and the filename of the slave in name if it is non-null. The termp and winp parameters, if non-null, will determine the terminal attributes and window size of the slave side of the pseudo-tty. RETURN VALUES
If a call to openpty(), login_tty(), or forkpty() is not successful, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. Otherwise, openpty(), login_tty(), and the child process of forkpty() return 0, and the parent process of forkpty() returns the process ID of the child process. ERRORS
openpty() will fail if: [EAGAIN] There are no available pseudo-ttys. login_tty() will fail if ioctl() fails to set fd to the controlling terminal of the current process. forkpty() will fail if either openpty() or fork() fails. FILES
/dev/ptmx cloning pseudo-tty device /dev/ttys[0-9][0-9][0-9] slave pseudo-tty devices SEE ALSO
fork(2) BSD
April 5, 2008 BSD