Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Script batch with command sed Post 302867863 by yo-yo78 on Friday 25th of October 2013 06:43:38 AM
Old 10-25-2013
thks so much for your replay
it's work but substr return error... i try substr($FILE,1,7) but doesn't work

thks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Batch command

Hi All I have a need due time constraint to issue the mail command in background. I have a script that sends a message to a mail address as follows :- echo "$MLINE" | mail -s "$HOST - $TEXT" name@co.com & The script runs frequently and I check to see if the script is active and if it is , it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhansrod
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

batch command in a shell script

How do I execute a batch command from a script, which "waits" with the next command until the first one has finished? ======= A piece of my script looks like this: #!/bin/sh (...) # run a long batch job: ./run_calculation.sh # then rename resulting file: mv output.dat backup.dat (...) ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ivvo
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

su command in batch mode

Hi, how do we change user in a shell script- batch mode. Thanks, Rajesh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh Gohad
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

batch file using sed command in msdos

<! pad_meth: <! program = "/usr/lib/drivers/pse/x29d -p" how should i program it in oder to display this: <! pad_meth: <! program = "/usr/lib/drivers/pse/x29d -p" ;) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rita1985
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

use sed do batch wildcard string replace

Hi, Here is what I want to do I want to search local directory and its sub directory, all the files which contain any string like _12345, then remove this string. String is a combination of _ plus a random integer number. For example, here is one line in a file before <properties... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bp5000
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

try to batch rename using sed (if this is best)

hi gooday I need some help with a rename I am attempting. I'd like to rename a bunch of files in a folder example list.dat.old to list_N.dat query.dat.old to query_N.dat note the two periods in (.dat.old) to become _N.dat I tried using sed like this ls *.dat.old | sed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnstrong
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed or awk for batch replace file name

Can you please point me in the correct direction? I need a line or script to run though a given directory and find all files with "@domain.local" in there names and simple remove that. For example if the files were named 1234@domain.local the file would then become 1234. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: binary-ninja
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a batch of files within a shell script with option to refire the individual files in batch

Hello everyone. I am new to shell scripting and i am required to create a shell script, the purpose of which i will explain below. I am on a solaris server btw. Before delving into the requirements, i will give youse an overview of what is currently in place and its purpose. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Batch SFTP command Help

I need to run a test SFTP command in a batch mode and what I need to prompt my password after the sftp userid@hostname. I do not have have an ssh key exchanged between my server and the external server. I only have access to it as an sftp server. I must enter my password in my script. How do i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed batch file issue

Hi!! I want to create a batch file so the sh file could change a file on a specific time. I made this config: sed -i 's/range 192.168.1.200 192.168.1.220;/option POLYCOM "tftp://10.20.1.10";/g' /etc/dhcp3/dhcpd.conf My issue is that the sed does not accept the :// character.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jocas9
2 Replies
mhpath(1mh)															       mhpath(1mh)

Name
       mhpath - print full pathnames of MH messages and folders

Syntax
       mhpath [ +foldername ] [ msgs ] [ -help ]

Description
       Use the command to display the full pathname of the specified folder.  If you do not specify a folder, displays the pathname of the current
       folder.

If you specify a message with its message number, displays the pathname of the specified message.  You can also specify a  number  of  mes-
       sages,  or  a range of messages.  If the top of the range that you specify is greater than the last message in the folder, displays as much
       of the specified range as possible.

Additionally can take a keyword or a sequence name.  The following keywords are acceptable:

first	 The first message in the folder.

last	 The last message in the folder.

new	 The message after the last message in the folder.  You cannot use new as part of a message range.

cur	 The current message in the folder.

prev	 The message before the current message.

next	 The message after the current message.

all	 All of the messages in the folder.

Options
       -help	 Prints a list of the valid options to this command.

Examples
       In the following example, displays message 3 in the folder
       % mhpath +inbox 3
       /r/phyl/Mail/inbox

The following example displays the pathname of messages 2 to 5 in the current folder:
       % mhpath 2-5
       /r/phyl/Mail/inbox/2
       /r/phyl/Mail/inbox/3
       /r/phyl/Mail/inbox/4
       /r/phyl/Mail/inbox/5

Profile Components
       Path:   To determine your Mail directory

Files
       The user profile.

See Also
       folder(1mh)

mhpath(1mh)