Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pure-ftpd, passive mode, tls
Operating Systems Linux Debian Pure-ftpd, passive mode, tls Post 302867775 by linuxjunkie on Friday 25th of October 2013 03:07:59 AM
Old 10-25-2013
Hi

is the ftp server on the same server as the firewall ?.
is your router the firewall to your network ?

if your router is the firewall then you have to setup the NAT on there.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passive ftp problem

Hello! Im having a strange problem. Im getting "Possible PASV port theft, cannot open data connection" when i try to ftp from one machine to another. This dosent happen everytime, only once in a while. Ive checked the firewall, and everything is open betwen client -> server, no restrictions... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dozy
1 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

how to check if a file ftpd to mainframe was actually ftpd

Hi All, I am ftping a file from unix to mainframe. Now the problem arises that i want to check if the file was ftpd or not. Is there any way i could do this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas.rao11
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

error while passive ftp file transfer

hi i am doing a passive ftp file transfer . during that i got the following error. "ftp> put FTPS_MAILBOX local: FTPS_MAILBOX remote: FTPS_MAILBOX 421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection Passive mode refused. Turning off passive mode. No control connection for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Satyak
1 Replies

4. AIX

AIX HACMP Active/Passive Config

I have a HACMP 6.1 configured in a active/passive. I have 1 NIC with 3 IP address on (Boot, Persistent and Service ) . All address are routable. One of the application on the HA cluster is also using Boot Ip to send application data. Question : Since all the traffic is passing thru the same... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk8570
3 Replies

5. AIX

ftp connect in passive mode , ftp settings

how to connect to ftp server in passive mode? ftp server.abc and how can i see ftp settings, doesn't exist some ftpd.conf there is some other file where i check the options and configurations of ftp server? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
3 Replies

6. IP Networking

vsftp | active and passive ftp | iptables

I am using vsftp but I can't login with passive mode. I can only login with active mode. I can login with both mode when service of iptables is stop. In active mode : 20,21 must be open from server site. 1023 and over must be open at client site. In passive mode : only 21,1023 and over must be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: getrue
1 Replies

7. SuSE

Pure-FTPd [TLS] Login problem

Hello everybody Recently I installed Pure-FTPd and i tried to connect to my server and i try to login using my ID/PW i got always anonymous login.... here what i got, # ftp ftp> open localhost Trying 127.0.0.1... Connected to localhost. 220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd ----------... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hael
0 Replies

8. Solaris

How to configure CUPS on Solaris 11.3 - TLS and no TLS?

We are implementing CUPS on a new Solaris 11.3 system. The same system will run an application where users can print to networked printers inside our organisation, or to a printer outside of our organisation over the internet. For users printing to internal network printers, no encryption is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SallyB
0 Replies
NETSCRIPT-2.2.conf(5)						File Formats Manual					     NETSCRIPT-2.2.conf(5)

NAME
/etc/netscript/network.conf - interface, firewalling, and QoS configuration file. /etc/netscript/if.conf - interface setup shell script file /etc/netscript/qos.conf - QoS setup shell script file /etc/netscript/ipfilter.conf - IP chains filtering shell script file /etc/netscript/srvfilter.conf - server IP filter shell script file DESCRIPTION
This manpage is a place holder until something better is written when the netscript itself has stopped changing rapidly. Please see the README file in the /etc/netscript directory, and READ the configuration files if you need to change them. Apart from net- work.conf, all of them contain sh (1) shell script functions which are there so that various things can be altered or hooked in at the right place. Network.conf contains the full network setup details, including special interface setup for the likes of ciped/pppd/wanconfig, and is fully commented with examples given. UPGRADE PATH FROM KERNEL 2.2.X The firewall/IP filtering stuff in ipfilter.conf is the part that changed radically with the move to iptables and a far better way of set- ting up the IP filtering rules, however the QoS and interface startup/shutdown in if.conf have changed but are backwards compatible with the old 2.2.x ipchains version of netscript for the interface address configuration settings. You will have to set up the filtering again to use iptables by directly using the iptables commands. Also, the kernel 2.2.x version scripts are set up so that iptables is only run on a 2.4.x kernel, otherwise IP forwarding is disabled if beforehand you set IPFWDING_KERNEL to FILTER_ON in network.conf. This means that when you upgrade a box to a 2.4.x router kernel, you should then be able to reboot it and log into remotely and upgrade netscript to the version that will support 2.4.x. In this situation, if you have set old IPFWDING_KERNEL setting to FILTER_ON beforehand in network.conf, all IP forwarding through the box will also be disabled. This means that you can safely remotely upgrade a firewall. SEE ALSO
netscript(8), ipchains(8), iproute(8), brcfg(8). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Matthew Grant <grantma@anathoth.gen.nz>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). BUGS
The author is lazy. He needs to write btter man pages... November 23, 2000 NETSCRIPT-2.2.conf(5)