Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pure-ftpd, passive mode, tls
Operating Systems Linux Debian Pure-ftpd, passive mode, tls Post 302867775 by linuxjunkie on Friday 25th of October 2013 03:07:59 AM
Old 10-25-2013
Hi

is the ftp server on the same server as the firewall ?.
is your router the firewall to your network ?

if your router is the firewall then you have to setup the NAT on there.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passive ftp problem

Hello! Im having a strange problem. Im getting "Possible PASV port theft, cannot open data connection" when i try to ftp from one machine to another. This dosent happen everytime, only once in a while. Ive checked the firewall, and everything is open betwen client -> server, no restrictions... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dozy
1 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

how to check if a file ftpd to mainframe was actually ftpd

Hi All, I am ftping a file from unix to mainframe. Now the problem arises that i want to check if the file was ftpd or not. Is there any way i could do this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas.rao11
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

error while passive ftp file transfer

hi i am doing a passive ftp file transfer . during that i got the following error. "ftp> put FTPS_MAILBOX local: FTPS_MAILBOX remote: FTPS_MAILBOX 421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection Passive mode refused. Turning off passive mode. No control connection for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Satyak
1 Replies

4. AIX

AIX HACMP Active/Passive Config

I have a HACMP 6.1 configured in a active/passive. I have 1 NIC with 3 IP address on (Boot, Persistent and Service ) . All address are routable. One of the application on the HA cluster is also using Boot Ip to send application data. Question : Since all the traffic is passing thru the same... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk8570
3 Replies

5. AIX

ftp connect in passive mode , ftp settings

how to connect to ftp server in passive mode? ftp server.abc and how can i see ftp settings, doesn't exist some ftpd.conf there is some other file where i check the options and configurations of ftp server? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
3 Replies

6. IP Networking

vsftp | active and passive ftp | iptables

I am using vsftp but I can't login with passive mode. I can only login with active mode. I can login with both mode when service of iptables is stop. In active mode : 20,21 must be open from server site. 1023 and over must be open at client site. In passive mode : only 21,1023 and over must be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: getrue
1 Replies

7. SuSE

Pure-FTPd [TLS] Login problem

Hello everybody Recently I installed Pure-FTPd and i tried to connect to my server and i try to login using my ID/PW i got always anonymous login.... here what i got, # ftp ftp> open localhost Trying 127.0.0.1... Connected to localhost. 220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd ----------... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hael
0 Replies

8. Solaris

How to configure CUPS on Solaris 11.3 - TLS and no TLS?

We are implementing CUPS on a new Solaris 11.3 system. The same system will run an application where users can print to networked printers inside our organisation, or to a printer outside of our organisation over the internet. For users printing to internal network printers, no encryption is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SallyB
0 Replies
pure-mrtginfo(8)                                                     Pure-FTPd                                                    pure-mrtginfo(8)

NAME
pure-mrtginfo - provide an MRTG-graphable user count for ftpd SYNOPSIS
pure-mrtginfo [server port] DESCRIPTION
Pure-Mrtginfo counts the number of clients currently connected to ftpd(8) and output the format in a format graphable by MRTG. OPTIONS
server port : defaults to 21. FILES
/proc/net/tcp is used to count the connectiont to port 21. /proc/sys/kernel/hostname is used to get the fully qualified hostname. /proc/uptime is used to get the uptime. MRTG
MRTG is a really nice package for graphing router traffic. Mrtg can also graph other information is available via SNMP or by running a program such as pure-mrtginfo. The author of this program uses it to graph CPU load, /var usage etc., and naturally the number of users connected to his FTP servers. See http://oss.oetiker.ch/mrtg/ for more information about MRTG. BUGS
This program only works on GNU/Linux systems yet. HOME PAGE
http://www.pureftpd.org/ AUTHOR AND LICENSE
Written by Arnt Gulbrandsen <agulbra@troll.no> and copyright 1995-2002 Troll Tech AS, Waldemar Thranes gate 98B, N-0175 Oslo, Norway, fax +47 22806380. Pure-FTPd (C)opyleft 2001-2011 by Frank DENIS <j at pureftpd dot org> and the Pure-FTPd team. Use, modification and distribution is allowed without limitation, warranty, or liability of any kind. SEE ALSO
ftp(1), pure-ftpd(8) pure-ftpwho(8) pure-mrtginfo(8) pure-uploadscript(8) pure-statsdecode(8) pure-pw(8) pure-quotacheck(8) pure-authd(8) RFC 959, RFC 2228, RFC 2389 and RFC 2428. Pure-FTPd Team 1.0.36 pure-mrtginfo(8)