Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10, adding new LUN from SAN storage Post 302867717 by achenle on Thursday 24th of October 2013 08:11:51 PM
Old 10-24-2013
OK, that's a lot of info to go through, and I don't really feel like doing that now. Sorry about that.

But I have seen Solaris 10 multipathing get a little bolluxed up at times, so if you can do a reconfigure reboot you might get better results. Yeah, you can work out what's wrong and run the proper mpathadm commands to fix it. But a reconfigure reboot is a lot easier and faster.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

command to scan Enterprise storage Lun disk in Solaris

I just installed IBMsdd on Solaris diver along with the patches recommended. I also installed 2 - 2Gigs qlogic fiber cards & the corresponding pkges for the cards. What command can I use to scan this LUN disks from my Soalris servers. Solaris doen't seem to be seeing this disks presented on it.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Remi
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Finding SAN Lun's on Linux.

Am trying to differentiate between the local disks and LUN's presented from SAN onto the server. Have Tried fdisk -l, however I quite cudn't differentiate the local disks from SAN presented LUN's. Can you pls. let me know the procedure and commands to find this. OS - RHEL 4 SAN - EMC... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crazy_murli
3 Replies

3. Solaris

SAN Storage to solaris 10 server

Hi, I have configured our SAN Storage to be connected to our new SUN T5220. On the SAn it looks all fine on the server I do not see any connection: cfgadm -al Ap_Id Type Receptacle Occupant Condition c1 scsi-bus connected ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manni2
4 Replies

4. AIX

Mount a SAN LUN which contains clone copy - AIX 6.1

Hello Everyone, Can someone help me to mount a SAN hdisk which contains a clone data copy(san) of the remote server to the another machine. Both servers are running in AIX. Thanks in advance ! Regards, Gowtham.G (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic SAN LUN query

Hi guys, We have created a LUN on SAN and assigned it to a server. On top of it we have created 4 LVM shares which are holding the data. Is it possible to add this LUN to some other server and access the data on LVM shares?(noob here) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

6. AIX

New to San Storage

Can anyone recommend a good book on san storage basics and how it communicates with an AIX server? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Can't see Newly created LUN by SAN admin

hello, i am an oracle DBA and trying to scan a newly created LUN of 200 GB on fiber channel by SAN admin.we have solaris 10 and SANtoolkit is installed.i tried following to get the new LUN at my machine. go /opt/Netapp/Santoolkit/bin and then ./sanlun lun show but i see only the existing... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: janakors
12 Replies

8. Solaris

LUn' unmapped from storage still showing on Solaris 10

How can i remove LUN's from solaris 10 those are unmapped from SAN? from storage side i got confirmation that they removed lun. but in my solaris box still it's visible. i tried below. root@globalares2.example.com #luxadm -e offline /dev/rdsk/c2t600D02310007D16C42FF09E24B5B8255d0s2... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
7 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris SAN Storage Multipath and Messages Check Script

Hi everybody, i am working on the new script , its job discover the Storage Env ( especially MultiPATH ) and FC cards for solaris 11 sparc systems for now.. script is seem working ( but may contain any mistakes or bug ) on the oracle Qlogic fc cards on Emc_VMAx systems and Solaris 11 Sparc_64... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ygemici
0 Replies
DPKG-RECONFIGURE(8)						      Debconf						       DPKG-RECONFIGURE(8)

NAME
dpkg-reconfigure - reconfigure an already installed package SYNOPSIS
dpkg-reconfigure [options] packages DESCRIPTION
dpkg-reconfigure reconfigures packages after they have already been installed. Pass it the names of a package or packages to reconfigure. It will ask configuration questions, much like when the package was first installed. If you just want to see the current configuration of a package, see debconf-show(1) instead. OPTIONS
-ftype, --frontend=type Select the frontend to use. The default frontend can be permanently changed by: dpkg-reconfigure debconf Note that if you normally have debconf set to use the noninteractive frontend, dpkg-reconfigure will use the dialog frontend instead, so you actually get to reconfigure the package. -pvalue, --priority=value Specify the minimum priority of question that will be displayed. dpkg-reconfigure normally shows low priority questions no matter what your default priority is. See debconf(7) for a list. --default-priority Use whatever the default priority of question is, instead of forcing the priority to low. -u, --unseen-only By default, all questions are shown, even if they have already been answered. If this parameter is set though, only questions that have not yet been seen will be asked. --force Force dpkg-reconfigure to reconfigure a package even if the package is in an inconsistent or broken state. Use with caution. --no-reload Prevent dpkg-reconfigure from reloading templates. Use with caution; this will prevent dpkg-reconfigure from repairing broken templates databases. However, it may be useful in constrained environments where rewriting the templates database is expensive. -h, --help Display usage help. SEE ALSO
debconf(7) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 2018-02-28 DPKG-RECONFIGURE(8)