Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Stop Writing Scripts
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Stop Writing Scripts Post 302867271 by figaro on Wednesday 23rd of October 2013 05:46:50 PM
Old 10-23-2013
Different tools for different purposes.
You will have difficulty explaining to clients that they have to wait for your workflow to be finalised, when the requirements can be met by just scripting it. And it doesn't even have to be a one-off: it can be embedded in a workflow later where it can be completely encapsulated (blackboxed).
Equally, I will not necessarily show sympathy when someone else argues a workflow is the best solution, where I know a script will do it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on writing scripts!!??

Hello, I don't know anything about scripting, and I want help on writing a script, which can help me doing my research. Actually I have some ASCII format files formatted in a way looks like this 6 lines of text that is not important for me File_header_name_number_1 <--... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: geoquest
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

writing schell scripts

I am very new to Unix. I need to write a script that will grep some files, etc. When I write the script, do I need to know what shell I am using? If so, how do I do that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssmiths001
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start and stop of an application thru shell scripts.

Hi, I just learnt the shell scripting and got working on that right now. I have one problem. Here i am having a java application that needs to be start and stop using two shell scripts, i.e., starting the java application using one shell script and stopping the application using another... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sadha
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

writing scripts

What would happen if I didn't use "./" before writing a script? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ebethea27703
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stopping Start/Stop scripts in reverse order

#Define the Start/Stop/Status Scripts to include SSS_SCRIPTS=( prog1 prog2 prog3 etc...... ) #Start the scripts StartScripts() { for SSS in ${SSS_SCRIPTS} do ./$SSS start done } #Stop the Scripts StopScripts() { for SSS in ${SSS_SCRIPTS} do ./$SSS stop #<---I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madasafish
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Services Start & stop scripts--help required

Dear All, Pls find my scripts for Agent services strat & stop. EAMSROOT=/opt/panaces export EAMSROOT cd $EAMSROOT nohup ./OracleAgent.sh start & nohup ./PFRAgent.sh start & nohup ./PFR.sh start & nohup ./SolarisOSAgent.sh start & exit 0 EAMSROOT=/opt/panaces export EAMSROOT cd... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: starnaresh
0 Replies

7. AIX

HACMP version 5.4 startup and stop scripts

Hi My hacmp version is 5.4 and it is a active passive cluster. Where can I find the startup and stop scripts? Please assist. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

[HA] Red Hat 7, pacemaker and start/stop scripts

Hi there, I am wondering if I could add start/stop ksh scripts provided by 3rd party to cluster... I read that script must be ocf/lsb compliant, however, in AIX I can just set up two separate scripts for starting and stopping application. Can similar be done under RH Linux cluster? Cheers, c (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cyjan
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux startup and stop scripts using SSH

I have a question. Actually I want to make two scripts, one is startup.sh and other is stopscript.sh so for example, I have 5 servers. Each server has two instances :- abc111 - Masters -cra4 abc222 -middle tear -cra abc333 -middle tear -cra1 abc444 -middle tear ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siddharthjain
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Stop root from writing to directory

Is there a way to stop root from writing to a directory? I already tried chattr but that did not seem to work. chattr +i directory (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
12 Replies
PEGASUS-REMOVE(1)														 PEGASUS-REMOVE(1)

NAME
pegasus-remove - removes a workflow that has been planned and submitted using pegasus-plan and pegasus-run SYNOPSIS
pegasus-remove [-d dagid] [-v] [rundir] DESCRIPTION
The pegasus-remove command remove a submitted/running workflow that has been planned and submitted using pegasus-plan and pegasus-run. The command can be invoked either in the planned directory with no options and arguments or just the full path to the run directory. OPTIONS
By default pegasus-remove does not require any options or arguments if invoked from within the planned workflow directory. If running the command outside the workflow directory then a full path to the workflow directory needs to be specified or the dagid of the workflow to be removed. pegasus-remove takes the following options: -d dagid, --dagid dagid The workflow dagid to remove -v, --verbose Raises debug level. Each invocation increase the level by 1. rundir Is the full qualified path to the base directory containing the planned workflow DAG and submit files. This is optional if pegasus-remove command is invoked from within the run directory. RETURN VALUE
If the workflow is removed successfully pegasus-remove returns with an exit code of 0. However, in case of error, a non-zero exit code indicates problems. An error message clearly marks the cause. FILES
The following files are opened: braindump This file is located in the rundir. pegasus-remove uses this file to find out paths to several other files. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
PATH The path variable is used to locate binary for condor_rm. SEE ALSO
pegasus-plan(1), pegasus-run(1) AUTHORS
Gaurang Mehta <gmehta at isi dot edu> Jens-S. Vockler <voeckler at isi dot edu> Pegasus Team http://pegasus.isi.edu 05/24/2012 PEGASUS-REMOVE(1)