Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace specific characters until pattern Post 302867219 by elbrand on Wednesday 23rd of October 2013 04:36:37 PM
Old 10-23-2013
in bash:

Code:
while read a ; do echo ${a//,/_} ; done < file

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 10-23-2013 at 06:53 PM.. Reason: cide tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

extract field of characters after a specific pattern - using UNIX shell script

Hello, Below is my input file's content ( in HP-UX platform ): ABCD120672-B21 1 ABCD142257-002 1 ABCD142257-003 1 ABCD142257-006 1 From the above, I just want to get the field of 13 characters that comes after 'ABCD' i.e '120672-B21'... . Could... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jansat
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

find replace a pattern and following characters in a word

Suppose that I have a string "one:#red two:#yellow three:#gr'een four:#blu^e" and I want to replace the pattern :# and the following characters in the word with nothing. The output string should look "one two three four" How can I do this with sed. Some points to consider (a) the last word in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: superuser84
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with replace the content of specific pattern

Input file: __<name>AWEETET</name> ____<name_evidence="3"_type="2@#">QEWQE</name> __<name>QWE048</name> ____<name_evidence="3"_type="570">@#@$#545</name> ____<name_evidence="2"_type="351">QWE4</name> Desired output: __<tmp>AWEETET</tmp> ____<name_evidence="3"_type="2@#">QEWQE</name>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk command to replace specific position characters.

Hi, I have a fixed width file. The way this file works is say for example there are 30 columns in it each with different sizes say 10,5,2, etc... If data in a field is less than the field size the rest of it is loaded with spaces. I would like an awk command to that would replace I have... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace the line with specific pattern

Hello All I'm trying to change one string from a file contening this patern: xxxx-xxxx 4 numbers - end 4 other numbers This is a sample of the file: LDR 00679 am a2200205 4500 =001 3617 =008 030219s2000\\\\xxx|||||\||||\00|\0\spa\d =020 \\$a0211-1942 =041 \\$aCastellà =093 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ldiaz2106
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace with 0 for characters in a specific position

Need command for position based replace: I need a command to replace with 0 for characters in the positions 11 to 20 to all the lines starts with 6 in a file. For example the file ABC.txt has: abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz 6abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thangabalu
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to replace and remove few junk characters from a specific field?

I would like to remove all characters starting with "%" and ending with ")" in the 4th field - please help!! 1412007819.864 /device/services/heartbeatxx 204 0.547%!i(int=0) 0.434 0.112 1412007819.866 /device/services/heartbeatxx 204 0.547%!i(int=1) 0.423 0.123... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: snemuk14
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Language Specific Characters in File

Hi Team, I have requirement to replace Language Specific Characters in File. We have set of characters, it should be replaced to a different character in the file. I have around 38 characters which should replaced to different destination character. Please help. Thanks Bharat (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharath561989
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command on AIX, replace specific characters

Hi, Im using sed on an AIX machine. I am trying to change the 137-139 characters if they are a ' 36'/'000' to a '036'. The positions that need to be changed are fixed. the source data that I have is$cat v.txt 4000422985400050462239065593606500000007422985707771046154054910075641MC0318AMWAY... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsid
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Replace Pattern with another that has Special Characters

Hello Team, Any help would be much appreciated for the below scenario: I have a sed command below where I am trying to replace the contents of 'old_pkey' variable with 'new_pkey' variable in a Soap request file (delete_request.txt). This works fine for regular string values, but this new_pkey... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChicagoBlues
8 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('arevela','alpha'); $lvar = code2langvar('arevela',LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-12 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)