Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Any good tools to backup few files on Win 7 Post 302867209 by DGPickett on Wednesday 23rd of October 2013 04:27:48 PM
Old 10-23-2013
My external hard drives came with backup sw. They seem to pick their own drives, but they might accept a network destination. You might use zip, so the network traffic is compressed for speed.

Is your backup list dynamic or static?

If you set up something like rsync, then any changes are automatically cloned. rsync windows - Google Search
This User Gave Thanks to DGPickett For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

is there kind of good utility that convert make files to dsp?

Hello all im looking for some kind of utility that convert make files to dsp files is there any kind of tool/script that does this job? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compare two text files in a good format

I am writting a script where I have to Campare two text files. I have 3 text files named by s_list, s_list_new and dmg_file. where I have to compare s_list and s_list_new and whatever the unique values are in s_list I have to add that in the dmg_file. And the values they are only in s_list_new... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshan
2 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Give Win Explorer a hint to graphics files w/o extensions?

All: Benjamin Fournier wrote a plug-in for the graphics application PhotoFiltre Studio that inspired me, since I also happen to use the XnView Shell Extension and have seen what it can do, to look into the possibility of getting Windows XP Pro SP3's Explorer file navigator to "hazard a guess at"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup Files

Hi, Using the shell script, how can I backup the files. /etc/password, /etc/group , /etc/shadow and more and needs a backup like /etc/password.12Mar12.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Backup tools

Hi all, I want good backup tool in linux, which is used most in real time. I know some back up tools like tar, dump, cpio, scp, cp in linux. Please some body help me, then i will learn. Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mastansaheb
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Backup Win server 08 onto Solaris

Greetings fellows, So, we have a Win8 server which is a profile server; its main purpose is to have a shared disc called Homes for roaming profiles. We want to create a backup, and copy files from this "Homes" drive onto SOlaris. We have read we could do it with rsync. Another engineer,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanz.rigo
1 Replies

8. AIX

How to backup a directory (sub-directories/files) files from one server on to other ?

Hello, Server A: /directory1/ Server B: /Backups/ i wanted to backup contents of /directory1 from "server A" on to "Server B" every 1 hour. If there is any change in (only new/differences) contents on serverA (directory1/) supposed to be backeup on next run. I did used rsync command to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies
TDBBACKUP(8)						    System Administration tools 					      TDBBACKUP(8)

NAME
tdbbackup - tool for backing up and for validating the integrity of samba .tdb files SYNOPSIS
tdbbackup [-s suffix] [-v] [-h] DESCRIPTION
This tool is part of the samba(1) suite. tdbbackup is a tool that may be used to backup samba .tdb files. This tool may also be used to verify the integrity of the .tdb files prior to samba startup or during normal operation. If it finds file damage and it finds a prior backup the backup file will be restored. OPTIONS
-h Get help information. -s suffix The -s option allows the adminisistrator to specify a file backup extension. This way it is possible to keep a history of tdb backup files by using a new suffix for each backup. -v The -v will check the database for damages (currupt data) which if detected causes the backup to be restored. COMMANDS
GENERAL INFORMATION The tdbbackup utility can safely be run at any time. It was designed so that it can be used at any time to validate the integrity of tdb files, even during Samba operation. Typical usage for the command will be: tdbbackup [-s suffix] *.tdb Before restarting samba the following command may be run to validate .tdb files: tdbbackup -v [-s suffix] *.tdb Samba .tdb files are stored in various locations, be sure to run backup all .tdb file on the system. Important files includes: o secrets.tdb - usual location is in the /usr/local/samba/private directory, or on some systems in /etc/samba. o passdb.tdb - usual location is in the /usr/local/samba/private directory, or on some systems in /etc/samba. o *.tdb located in the /usr/local/samba/var directory or on some systems in the /var/cache or /var/lib/samba directories. VERSION
This man page is correct for version 3 of the Samba suite. AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. The tdbbackup man page was written by John H Terpstra. Samba 3.6 05/28/2012 TDBBACKUP(8)