Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat GUI for RHEL5 on low memory system Post 302867167 by lupin..the..3rd on Wednesday 23rd of October 2013 02:42:55 PM
Old 10-23-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by busi386
whats wrong with using the command line? with such low resources, I would not try to use a gui. If you insist, maybe you want to try something that uses less resources. I hear puppy Linux is suppose to work on minimum resources.
Some of my apps like DOSBOX require a running X server.

RHEL5 runs fine in low resources. Total consumed memory of this RHEL5 system is 28 megabytes, and that includes sendmail and apache. This leaves 100 MB free which ought to be more than enough for X and a light weight WM.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to access cd's etc from a non GUI Unix system

i need to know how i would go about accessing my floppy disks, cd's and flash drives on my command prompt unix system (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carlvernon
1 Replies

2. Solaris

system won't start to GUI it stuck

Hi. I got this message in our sun station and it stuck Setting default IPv4 interface for multicast: add net 224.0/4: gateway pecsun22 but i can still telenet the station... who could i fix this.. appreciate your help (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: eykyn17
7 Replies

3. AIX

View tape backup files on RHEL5 Operating System

I have an AIX server with a tape Library residing on it. I intend to restore the data backed up to the tape on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5. First , i would want to view the contents of the tape on RHEL 5(x86) but seems to be giving an input output error. I observed that if i backup to tape on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: optimum
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

View tape backup files on RHEL5 Operating System

I have an AIX server with a tape Library residing on it. I intend to restore the data backed up to the tape on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5. First , i would want to view the contents of the tape on RHEL 5(x86) but seems to be giving an input output error. I observed that if i backup to tape on... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: optimum
20 Replies

5. AIX

High Runqueue (R) LOW CPU LOW I/O Low Network Low memory usage

Hello All I have a system running AIX 61 shared uncapped partition (with 11 physical processors, 24 Virtual 72GB of Memory) . The output from NMON, vmstat show a high run queue (60+) for continous periods of time intervals, but NO paging, relatively low I/o (6000) , CPU % is 40, Low network.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: IL-Malti
9 Replies

6. AIX

Low Virtual memory available

Hi I am running AIX 5.2. My server is running low on memory. It it using about 1307775 file pages on a total of 1511424 (from vmstat -v). I looked at the memory yesterday morning, and we had plenty of free memory. I did a backup from Windows (ftp mget command) of a large file selection. From... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredrivard
5 Replies

7. Programming

System calls and C language low-level qualities???

Hi friends, I hope everyone is fine and doing well. I queried in my previous thread about the low-level qualities of C/C++ languages.I really thank you people for explaining, it was really helpful. One more ambiquity that I have in my mind is regarding the unix system calls like open, creat,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gabam
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

[Solved] Redhat system is not booting in GUI mode

Hi Guys Required help in Redhat 6.1. After installation of Redhat 6.1 in VMware system is not going in GUI mode. please to solve the issue... Thanks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deviltech
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending an email if system disk space is low

Hello i have a working script that sends me an email if system disk space is above 98%. I would like to add an extra command to the if condition. If disk space is above 98% it would also add an output of cd /var/log && du -sBM * |sort -n 2>&1 |grep -v -e "0M" -e "1M" command to the email. I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: taf130
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux live cd for low memory

Could I please get some recommendations of a linux live cd for low memory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
asadmin-list-connector-resources(1AS)				   User Commands			     asadmin-list-connector-resources(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-list-connector-resources, list-connector-resources - gets all the connector resources SYNOPSIS
list-connector-resources --user admin_user [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--secure|-s] [--passwordfile file- name] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive=true] Gets all the connector resources. This command is supported in remote mode only. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. --interactive if set to true (default), only the required password options are prompted. Example 1: Using the list-connector-resources command asadmin> list-connector-resources --user admin1 --password adminadmin1 --host pigeon --port 5001 This will list all the connector resources that have been created. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-connector-resource(1AS), asadmin-delete-connector-resource(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-list-connector-resources(1AS)