Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pure-ftpd, passive mode, tls
Operating Systems Linux Debian Pure-ftpd, passive mode, tls Post 302866997 by linuxjunkie on Wednesday 23rd of October 2013 06:42:46 AM
Old 10-23-2013
Hi

Dont use this /etc/pure-ftpd/conf/ForcePassiveIP.

Do the setup so local users can connect. The problem is with your firewall blocking the connection from the out side.

Check your firewall NAT settings, you need to point the external address the user is using to the internal address of the ftp server and tell it to open port 21 for the ftp server.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passive ftp problem

Hello! Im having a strange problem. Im getting "Possible PASV port theft, cannot open data connection" when i try to ftp from one machine to another. This dosent happen everytime, only once in a while. Ive checked the firewall, and everything is open betwen client -> server, no restrictions... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dozy
1 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

how to check if a file ftpd to mainframe was actually ftpd

Hi All, I am ftping a file from unix to mainframe. Now the problem arises that i want to check if the file was ftpd or not. Is there any way i could do this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas.rao11
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

error while passive ftp file transfer

hi i am doing a passive ftp file transfer . during that i got the following error. "ftp> put FTPS_MAILBOX local: FTPS_MAILBOX remote: FTPS_MAILBOX 421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection Passive mode refused. Turning off passive mode. No control connection for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Satyak
1 Replies

4. AIX

AIX HACMP Active/Passive Config

I have a HACMP 6.1 configured in a active/passive. I have 1 NIC with 3 IP address on (Boot, Persistent and Service ) . All address are routable. One of the application on the HA cluster is also using Boot Ip to send application data. Question : Since all the traffic is passing thru the same... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk8570
3 Replies

5. AIX

ftp connect in passive mode , ftp settings

how to connect to ftp server in passive mode? ftp server.abc and how can i see ftp settings, doesn't exist some ftpd.conf there is some other file where i check the options and configurations of ftp server? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
3 Replies

6. IP Networking

vsftp | active and passive ftp | iptables

I am using vsftp but I can't login with passive mode. I can only login with active mode. I can login with both mode when service of iptables is stop. In active mode : 20,21 must be open from server site. 1023 and over must be open at client site. In passive mode : only 21,1023 and over must be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: getrue
1 Replies

7. SuSE

Pure-FTPd [TLS] Login problem

Hello everybody Recently I installed Pure-FTPd and i tried to connect to my server and i try to login using my ID/PW i got always anonymous login.... here what i got, # ftp ftp> open localhost Trying 127.0.0.1... Connected to localhost. 220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd ----------... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hael
0 Replies

8. Solaris

How to configure CUPS on Solaris 11.3 - TLS and no TLS?

We are implementing CUPS on a new Solaris 11.3 system. The same system will run an application where users can print to networked printers inside our organisation, or to a printer outside of our organisation over the internet. For users printing to internal network printers, no encryption is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SallyB
0 Replies
pure-uploadscript(8)						     Pure-FTPd						      pure-uploadscript(8)

NAME
pure-uploadscript - Automatically run an external program after a successful upload SYNTAX
pure-uploadscript [-p </path/to/pidfile>] [-B] [-g <gid>] [-h] -r <program to run> [-u <uid>] DESCRIPTION
If Pure-FTPd is compiled with --with-uploadscript (default in binary distributions), and if the -o (or --uploadscript) is passed to the server, a named pipe called /var/run/pure-ftpd.upload.pipe is created. You will also notice an important file called /var/run/pure-ftpd.upload.lock, used for locking. After a successful upload, the file name is written to the pipe. pure-uploadscript reads this pipe to automatically run any program or script to process the newly uploaded file. OPTIONS
-B Daemonize the process and fork it in background. -g <gid> Switch the group ID to <gid>. -h or --help Display available options. -r <program to run> Tell what program/script to run. It has to be an absolute filename, the PATH environment variable is ignored. The first argument of that program will be the unquoted name of the newly uploaded file. Environment variables aren't cleared. So don't put sensitive data in them before calling pure-uploadscript if you switch uid. -u <uid> Switch the user ID to <uid>. ENVIRONMENT
When the upload script is run, the name of the newly uploaded file is the first argument passed to the script (referenced as $1 by most shells) . Some environment variables are also filled by useful info about the file. UPLOAD_SIZE The size of the file, in bytes. UPLOAD_PERMS The permissions, as an octal integer. UPLOAD_UID The numerical UID of the owner. UPLOAD_GID The numerical GID of the owner. UPLOAD_USER The login of the owner. UPLOAD_GROUP The group name the files belongs to. UPLOAD_VUSER The full user name, or the virtual user name (127 chars max) . FILES
/var/run/pure-ftpd.upload.pipe /var/run/pure-ftpd.upload.lock /var/run/pure-uploadscript.pid SECURITY
pure-ftpd and pure-uploadscript are trying to limit security implications of such a feature. - The pipe can only be created and opened by root. It must have perms 600, with uid 0, or it will be ignored. - The argument passed to an external program/script is always an exact absolute path name. It doesn't get fooled by chroot()ed environ- ments, and by absolute or relative paths added to the STOR command. - UID and GID are set just after parsing command-line options, and pure-uploadscript never gets back supervisor privileges. - Descriptors to the pipe are never passed to external programs/scripts. So when UID switched, the target user can't mess the pipe. - Only regular files are processed, control characters are rejected, and a header+footer avoid partial file names. - Two external programs/scripts can't run at the same time. Uploads are always processed sequentially, in chronological order. This is to avoid denial-of-services by issuing a lot of simultaneous STOR commands in order to launch a fork bomb on the server. For this reason, your programs shouldn't take a long time to complete (but they can run themselves in background) . EXAMPLES
A sample script could be : #! /bin/sh echo "$1 uploaded" | /usr/bin/mutt -s "New upload : $1" ftpadmin@dom.ai.n Never forget to quote ("variable") all variables in all your shell scripts to avoid security flaws. AUTHORS
Frank DENIS <j at pureftpd dot org> SEE ALSO
ftp(1), pure-ftpd(8) pure-ftpwho(8) pure-mrtginfo(8) pure-uploadscript(8) pure-statsdecode(8) pure-pw(8) pure-quotacheck(8) pure-authd(8) RFC 959, RFC 2228, RFC 2389 and RFC 2428. Pure-FTPd team 1.0.36 pure-uploadscript(8)