Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Disk IO high. What to fix ?
Operating Systems Solaris Disk IO high. What to fix ? Post 302866881 by busi386 on Tuesday 22nd of October 2013 10:44:27 PM
Old 10-22-2013
Are these your root disk? If so what volume management are you using?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sun: High kernel usage & very high load averages

Hi, I am seeing very high kernel usage and very high load averages on my system (Although we are not loading much data to our database). Here is the output of top...does anyone know what i should be looking at? Thanks, Lorraine last pid: 13144; load averages: 22.32, 19.81, 16.78 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lorrainenineill
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to send email on HIGH Disk usage

Hi Guys I am looking for a python / PERL script which will send me email when ever my disk becomes more than 90% full. By the way my OS is Win XP. If anybody have already has written same type of script or something very similar kind of script, that will also be very helpful. Thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csaha
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to trace the big files causing high disk usage

Hi All, One very urgent issue and I need your help. I have two V490 servers installed with Sun Solaris 10. I have traced out that the disk usage is running out of space for both the servers. Currently the /dev/md/dsk/d10 device is 91% in one server and another is 56% and it is increasing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ailnilanjan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

identify the unix processes performing high disk i/o reads and writes

I would like to write shell/perl script which identifies the top unix processes that are performing high disk I/O's or/and writes If any one knows the solution please help me? -Swamy (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: avsswamy
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

identify the unix process performing high disk i/o reads and writes

Guys, Is there any UNIX command that captures the 'Unix process which is performing high disk I/O reads and writes'. can you help me in this? -Swamy (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: avsswamy
6 Replies

6. Red Hat

Disk Utilization is very high

Hi, I have monitored that disk utilization is very high on one of red hat linux VM. Would like to know how to find out that issue of high disk utilization is because of disk or Installed Application on that server is causing the problem. Regards, Manoj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

7. AIX

Diagnose high disk write IO

Hi, say for example if there is high disk write IO in one disk (detected from NMON), how to we identify what processes is writing on that particular disk? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ngaisteve1
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

apache high cpu load on high traffic

i have a Intel Quad Core Xeon X3440 (4 x 2.53GHz, 8MB Cache, Hyper Threaded) with 16gig and 1tb harddrive with a 1gb port and my apache is causing my cpu to go up to 100% on all four cores heres my http.config <IfModule prefork.c> StartServers 10 MinSpareServers 10 MaxSpareServers 15... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: awww
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

what would a script include to find CPU's %system time high and user time high?

Hi , I am trying to :wall: my head while scripting ..I am really new to this stuff , never did it before :( . how to find cpu's system high time and user time high in a script?? thanks , help would be appreciated ! :) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushwey
9 Replies

10. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

How to find which process using, while getting High Disk I/O?

In Our Production server I/O was very high, I Recived mail that Disk I/O was high, is it possible how to find which process Used this much I/O ? Iam Using Ubuntu server 12.04. Linux 3.9.3-x86_64-server33 (Li473-1200) 07/23/2014 _x86_64_ (8 CPU) 12:05:01 AM DEV ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
5 Replies
DVHTOOL(8)						      System Manager's Manual							DVHTOOL(8)

NAME
dvhtool - Disk volume header manipulation tool SYNOPSIS
dvhtool --device devicename [ option ] dvhtool -d devicename [ option ] DESCRIPTION
dvhtool is a utility for displaying SGI disk partition and volume header information as well as for copying files to and from the volume header. It is similar to the IRIX(tm) utility of the same name, however the options and usage are quite different. Also, the IRIX utility cannot display partition and boot file information. The disk volume header includes the disk partition table and the volume directory. The volume directory is an index to the files stored in the volume header part of the disk. These files can be anything but are usually standalone programs (like sash, the SGI standalone shell). The space available for files is usually limited to one, two or a few megabytes, this can only be changed by repartitioning the disk with fx, the SGI disk formatting and partitioning tool or fdisk. You must be root to invoke dvhtool. The device name can be /dev/sda for the first disk, /dev/sdb for the second, and so on. dvhtool will also work on a file image of a disk volume header. OPTIONS -d, --device devicename Specify the volume header device name (or file image) --print-volume-header Show volume header data only --print-volume-directory Show volume table of contents --print-partitions Show partition data --print-all Equivalent to all three above options --vh-remove name Remove volhdr file name. --vh-to-unix name file Copy volhdr file name to Unix file file --unix-to-vh file name Copy Unix file file to volhdr as name --help Show usage information SEE ALSO
fdisk(8) IRIX tools: fx(1M), prtvtoc(1M), vh(7M). AUTHORS
dvhtool was written by Ralf Baechle <ralf@oss.sgi.com>, Keith M. Wesolowski <wesolows@foobazco.org>, Tor Arntsen <tor@spacetec.no>, Guido Guenther <agx@debian.org>. 4th Berkeley Distribution July 2000 DVHTOOL(8)