Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers netstat -an output, pls. explain.. Post 302866759 by samnyc on Tuesday 22nd of October 2013 04:40:36 PM
Old 10-22-2013
netstat -an output, pls. explain..

Hi,

I have old SCO O/S. System keeps crashing. I made lot of changes to kernel but so for nothing helped. I wrote a script which takes netstat -an output every one minute. I saw some thing right before the system crashed. Not sure if this means anything..

Code:

uname -a
SCO_SV djx2 3.2 5.0.6 i386

Netstat output is huge, I am just cutting & pasting from the end....

ce2acb8     dgram           0           0 fce28ee8        
fce296c8     dgram           0           0 fce28ee8        
fce28ee8     dgram           0           0        0        /dev/syslog
fce29878     dgram           0           0        0        
fce29f38     stream          0           0 fce28048        
fce28048     stream          0           0 fce29f38        
fce280d8     stream          0           0 fce283a8        
fce28288     stream          0           0        0        /pmd/PMDCT_pipe
fce283a8     stream          0           0 fce280d8        
fce28438     stream          0           0        0        /pmd/LST_pipe
fce284c8     stream          0           0        0        /pmd/IPCCT_pipe
Tue Oct 22 10:54:00 EDT 2013
NUL NUL NUL NUL NUL NUL NUL NUL NUL NUL NUL NUL NUL NUL NUL
DEBUG: Mon_Api_Update done
DEBUG: Mon_Api_Update done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

output of NETSTAT

# netstat -in Name Mtu Network Address Ipkts Ierrs Opkts Oerrs Coll net1 1500 192.168 192.168.0.11 24508 0 12212 112931 2795 lo0 8232 127 127.0.0.1 42 0 42 0 0 atl0* 8232 none none No Statistics... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samprax
1 Replies

2. Solaris

netstat -an -- meaning of the output

Dear Experts, I put below command- could you please describe the outputs column- let me describe some them- col_1: (10.131.60.48.55880) The IP address of the local computer and the port number being used for this particular connection appear in the Local Address column. col_2:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK - HELP pls explain this ?

echo "23.54" | awk ' function round(A) { return int( A + 0.5 ) } { printf("%d\n",round($1)); }'> > > > > > awk: syntax error near line 2 awk: bailing out near line 2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosh1234
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

Difference in netstat -a and -an output.

Hi, Does anyone know why I get a different output when using "netstat -a" or "netstat -an" ?? # netstat -a | grep ts15r135 tcp 0 0 nbsol152.62736 ts15r135.23211 ESTABLISHED # netstat -an | grep 172.23.160.78 tcp 0 0 135.246.39.152.51954 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejdv
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

interpreting netstat output

hi all, when I run- wcars1j5#netstat -an | grep 8090 127.0.0.1.8090 *.* 0 0 49152 0 LISTEN wcars1j5# 1. does this mean that no one is connected to this port? Regards, akash (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akash_mahakode
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

netstat output

I can't tell what the output of the netstat command means. Is there anywhere that has this information? I tried the man pages, but they weren't helpful. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ultrix
3 Replies

7. IP Networking

Connections not shown in netstat output

I have a TCPIP server application (a Vendor package) which by default allows 10 connections. It provides a parameter to allow us to increase the maximum allowable connections in case it is needed. Intermittently this application is failing with maximum number of connections reached even when there... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AIX_user
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permissision issue, pls. explain

I have a directory, user name sam 755 drwxr-xr-x 3 sam oper 6 Apr 23 15:57 sam I log in as root, I can't write to sam folder. if the file already there, I can change that permission but it doesn't allow me to create any files in the above folder. Why, I thought root has... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

netstat output

Hi Team, Below is the output of netstat -an | grep 1533 tcp 0 0 17.18.18.12:583 10.3.2.0:1533 ESTABLISHED tcp 0 0 17.18.18.12:370 10.3.2.0:1533 ESTABLISHED Below is the o/p of netstat -a | grep server_name tcp 0 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Girish19
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Filtering netstat command output

Hi All, I am trying to collect the listen ports info from netstat command in centos 7 From that info i am trying to collect all the foreign address IP for those ports. I am using below script to do the same. netstat -an |grep -w "LISTEN" |grep -v "127.0.0.1" |awk '{print $4}' >... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravani25
3 Replies
STRLCPY(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						STRLCPY(3)

NAME
strlcpy, strlcat -- size-bounded string copying and concatenation LIBRARY
Utility functions from BSD systems (libbsd, -lbsd) SYNOPSIS
#include <bsd/string.h> size_t strlcpy(char *dst, const char *src, size_t size); size_t strlcat(char *dst, const char *src, size_t size); DESCRIPTION
The strlcpy() and strlcat() functions copy and concatenate strings respectively. They are designed to be safer, more consistent, and less error prone replacements for strncpy(3) and strncat(3). Unlike those functions, strlcpy() and strlcat() take the full size of the buffer (not just the length) and guarantee to NUL-terminate the result (as long as size is larger than 0 or, in the case of strlcat(), as long as there is at least one byte free in dst). Note that a byte for the NUL should be included in size. Also note that strlcpy() and strlcat() only operate on true ``C'' strings. This means that for strlcpy() src must be NUL-terminated and for strlcat() both src and dst must be NUL- terminated. The strlcpy() function copies up to size - 1 characters from the NUL-terminated string src to dst, NUL-terminating the result. The strlcat() function appends the NUL-terminated string src to the end of dst. It will append at most size - strlen(dst) - 1 bytes, NUL- terminating the result. RETURN VALUES
The strlcpy() and strlcat() functions return the total length of the string they tried to create. For strlcpy() that means the length of src. For strlcat() that means the initial length of dst plus the length of src. While this may seem somewhat confusing, it was done to make truncation detection simple. Note, however, that if strlcat() traverses size characters without finding a NUL, the length of the string is considered to be size and the destination string will not be NUL-terminated (since there was no space for the NUL). This keeps strlcat() from running off the end of a string. In practice this should not happen (as it means that either size is incorrect or that dst is not a proper ``C'' string). The check exists to prevent potential security problems in incorrect code. EXAMPLES
The following code fragment illustrates the simple case: char *s, *p, buf[BUFSIZ]; ... (void)strlcpy(buf, s, sizeof(buf)); (void)strlcat(buf, p, sizeof(buf)); To detect truncation, perhaps while building a pathname, something like the following might be used: char *dir, *file, pname[MAXPATHLEN]; ... if (strlcpy(pname, dir, sizeof(pname)) >= sizeof(pname)) goto toolong; if (strlcat(pname, file, sizeof(pname)) >= sizeof(pname)) goto toolong; Since it is known how many characters were copied the first time, things can be sped up a bit by using a copy instead of an append: char *dir, *file, pname[MAXPATHLEN]; size_t n; ... n = strlcpy(pname, dir, sizeof(pname)); if (n >= sizeof(pname)) goto toolong; if (strlcpy(pname + n, file, sizeof(pname) - n) >= sizeof(pname) - n) goto toolong; However, one may question the validity of such optimizations, as they defeat the whole purpose of strlcpy() and strlcat(). As a matter of fact, the first version of this manual page got it wrong. SEE ALSO
snprintf(3), strncat(3), strncpy(3) HISTORY
The strlcpy() and strlcat() functions first appeared in OpenBSD 2.4, and made their appearance in FreeBSD 3.3. BSD
May 31, 2007 BSD