Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Device Names on Android
Operating Systems Linux Android Device Names on Android Post 302866711 by fedora18 on Tuesday 22nd of October 2013 03:18:48 PM
Old 10-22-2013
interesting....the device doesnt show up in /sys/block when plugged in.
HOWEVER, when i plug in a random usb key (dongle) type is see something being listed as sda

prob driver issues heh?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Device Files names and location

HI there. I am studying System administration right now and am stuck on a question that I have failed to find the answer for in my book. The question is: Do device files need to be in the /dev directory and to they need to follow a naming convention? My answer (so far) is that since the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Carl1976
7 Replies

2. Android

Android Scripting Environment: Shell Scripting and Android

I just upgraded to Android 2.2 from 2.1. The GPS issue that was troublesome in 2.1 seems to have been fixed. Some of web browsing seems faster, but it could just be my connection is better today ;) Flash works in some browsers but not very good and it is too slow for Flash apps designed for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

Unable To Activate Ethernet Network Device in RHEL 5.5 - e100 device eth0 does not seem to be presen

Hi All, Could anyone please help to resolve the below problem. I installed RHEL5.5 in my desktop.But when i try to activate the ethernet connection then it gives me the error. I spent 2 days for the above and go through with several suggestion found by googling. But no luck. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanmoy
0 Replies

4. Android

Running only the Linux kernel of an Android device

I am looking for a way to run on top of the Linux kernel of an Android device. I want to use the existing configured Linux beneath Android rather than put a new Linux distribution onto a device. The article "The Android boot process from power on" (sorry, forum won't let me paste the link)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raoulney
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

Failed to open tape device /dev/rmt/0mn:Device busy (errno = 16)

Hi, Unable to make tape backup, please help. /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery -a /dev/rmt/?mn -I -v -m tar -x inc_entire=vg00 * Creating local directories for configuration files and archive. ======= 04/25/16 16:28:08 IST Started /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery. (Mon... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragr
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Android Device ID Changer shell script

this is worked "ANDROID NOUGAT" how can i use it for "ANDROID OREO" -plz help me... ------------------------------------------- echo " Ã-~-DEVICE ID CHANGINGÃ-~-" sleep 2 echo " " COUNT=1 while do ; echo "settings put secure android_id " | tr -d '\n' > X1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: f4is4l
4 Replies
usb-devices(8)							Linux USB Utilities						    usb-devices(8)

NAME
usb-devices - print USB device details SYNOPSIS
usb-devices DESCRIPTION
usb-devices is a (bash) shell script that can be used to display details of USB buses in the system and the devices connected to them. The output of the script is similar to the usb/devices file available either under /proc/bus (if usbfs is mounted), or under /sys/ker- nel/debug (if debugfs is mounted there). The script is primairily intended to be used if the file is not available. In contrast to the usb/devices file, this script only lists active interfaces (those marked with a "*" in the usb/devices file) and their endpoints. Be advised that there can be differences in the way information is sorted, as well as in the format of the output. RETURN VALUE
If sysfs is not mounted, a non-zero exit code is returned. FILES
/sys/bus/usb/devices/usb* The part of the sysfs tree the script walks through to assemble the printed information. /proc/bus/usb/devices Location where the usb/devices file can normally be found for Linux kernels before 2.6.31, if usbfs is mounted. /sys/kernel/debug/usb/devices Location where the usb/devices file can normally be found for Linux kernel 2.6.31 and later, if debugfs is mounted. SEE ALSO
lsusb(8), usbview(8). AUTHORS
Greg Kroah-Hartman <greg@kroah.com> Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@xenotime.net> Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> usbutils-0.84 23 June 2009 usb-devices(8)