Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Pkg update from a local repos Post 302866679 by os2mac on Tuesday 22nd of October 2013 03:37:32 PM
Old 10-22-2013
[SOLVED]Pkg update from a local repos

I have a local repos on my dev/tst server. pkg server is online and I can query against it on the local server and any LDOMS and zones hosted on the same server. I have another identical Solaris server that should be accessing the pkg repos via the local network.

showmount -e from the local (but seperate) server:

Code:
showmount -e pkgserver
showmount: pkgserver: RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out

yet I can mount that same repos manually:

Code:
mount pkgserver://export/repoSolaris11 /mnt
root@remoteserver:~# cd /mnt
root@remoteserver:/mnt# ls -al
total 13567323
drwxr-xr-x   4 root     root          10 Oct  9 13:50 .
drwxr-xr-x  26 root     root          29 Sep 12 06:04 ..
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root        3247 Sep 19  2012 COPYRIGHT
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root        1343 Sep 19  2012 NOTICES
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root         397 Oct  9 13:50 pkg5.repository
drwxr-xr-x   3 root     root           3 Oct  9 13:50 publisher
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root        7531 Sep 28  2012 README
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root         380 Oct 15  2012 readme.txt
drwxr-xr-x   3 root     root           4 Jan  4  2013 repo
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root     6941233152 Dec 31  2012 sol-11-1111-repo-full.iso

tcp_wrappers are enabled. But I am not sure they are configured correctly.

any ideas?

---------- Post updated at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:04 AM ----------

if I do a showmount for our NAS storage and the do show mount for the repos server the show mount works but if I do the pkg set-publisher (which still fails) and then try and do show mount again it fails. until I showmount for the netapp devices.

---------- Post updated at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:26 AM ----------

This was resolved. The problem was that security requested I disable autofs due to security concerns. This service is required by pkgserver. We will have to go another route to secure it.

Last edited by os2mac; 10-22-2013 at 04:54 PM.. Reason: solved
This User Gave Thanks to os2mac For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

pkg-get errors

To day i installed boltpkg, hiow ever when i run either a pkg-get install or a pkg-get -u pkg-get re turns the following errors. pkg-get -u WARNING: no catalog file for site ftp.sunfreeware.com Updating catalog file first Getting catalog... ld.so.1: wget: fatal: libssl.so.0.9.8: open... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FloridaBSD
3 Replies

2. Solaris

137481-02 pkg

can anyone download this solaris pkg and email to me, it wont let me download it anymore from sunsolve. 137481-02 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dan7225
1 Replies

3. Solaris

How extract SUNWexplo.7.1.pkg & SUNWexplu.7.1.pkg from install_stb.sh?

Hi all, Could please guideas how to extract SUNWexplo.7.2.pkg & SUNWexplu.7.2.pkg from install_stb.sh. I need to upgrade my Sun Explorer to 7.2 version from 7.1 . This what written in read me file about its installation: The Lightweight Availability Collection Tool (LWACT) is no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Pkg problem, one zone trying pkg.Oracle.com on port 1008

Hi Solaris Experts, The pkg utility on one of my non-global zones has stopped working, it's trying to connect to port 1008 at pkg.oracle.com I was using pkg successfully from this zone, but now it's showing this error: lzone1 $ pkg search xterm pkg: Some repositories failed to respond... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad101
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 11 pkg update question

Hi, I am trying to update my Solaris 11 system's Java 7 version to 1.7.0.65. I tried to do a pke update, and it only updated it to version 60. When I do a pkg list or search, i can see 65 is available but it wont update to it. I am getting this error, and I do not know how to get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Pkg update: No solution was found to satisfy constraints

I have an x86 Solaris box running 11.2 and have run into the following issue when attempting to run a package update. Has anyone else come across this issue and resolved it successfully, or am I waiting on Oracle to release other updated packages? uname -a SunOS <hostname> 5.11 11.2... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: nova_cyclist
13 Replies

7. Solaris

# pkg publisher gives bash: pkg: command not found

This is the operating system im using Oracle Solaris 10 9/10 s10s_u9wos_14a SPARC I need to install some packages by setting local repository While i run the below command # pkg publisher command returns bash: pkg: command not found while looking for /usr/bin/pkg i get bash:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 11 - Automatically update local IPS repository

Hi guys, I've got a local IPS repository on server 1 (local server in the basement) and a second one on server 2 in another data center. Both servers act as repository servers for their locations. The publisher list is like this pkg publisher PUBLISHER TYPE STATUS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dheitepriem
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Pkg update 11.2

Got a repo server with a combined 11.2/11.3 repository. I want to update latest security patches on server A (which is 11.2). I dont want to upgrade to 11.3 (app reasons). If I do pkg update all - is there any danger this will happen? If so, how to proceed? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find which RPM Azure repo is used in "yum repolist" for EUS or non EUS repos

Hello, I'm looking for help with a script or ideally just a one line command perhaps that will check the results of yum repolist and look for a specific repo on a sever. We have some VM's using EUS repos from Red Hat and others that do not use EUS repos. The way we would see which repos are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
2 Replies
define cached server(1m)												  define cached server(1m)

NAME
define cached server - Creates knowledge of a server in the local clerk's cache SYNOPSIS
cdscp define cached server name tower value ARGUMENTS
A simple name for the cached server. The protocol sequence and network address of the server node. The format is protocol-sequence:net- work-address. A protocol-sequence is a character string identifying the network protocols used to establish a relationship between a client and server. There are two choices of protocol sequence, depending on the network address that is supplied in the binding: ncacn_ip_tcp or ncadg_ip_udp. For the network-address, specify an Internet address using the common Internet address notation. For more information about this format, see the RPC introduction in the DCE Application Development Reference. DESCRIPTION
The define cached server command creates knowledge of a server in the local clerk's cache. This command is typically used to manually pro- vide configuration information to a clerk that cannot automatically configure itself. This is required, for instance, to give the clerk addressing information about a server across a WAN. Once the clerk knows about one server, it can find other servers through referrals. Privilege Required You must have write permission to the clerk. NOTE
This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLES
The following command creates knowledge of the server nrl in the local clerk's cache: cdscp> define cached server nrl tower ncacn_ip_tcp:16.20.15.25 RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: clear cached server(1m), dump clerk cache(1m), show cached server(1m) Books: OSF DCE Application Development Reference define cached server(1m)