Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Count number of files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Count number of files Post 302866489 by fretagi on Tuesday 22nd of October 2013 05:36:39 AM
Old 10-22-2013
Count number of files

the files are being sent to a landing directory, and from there a process picks them up, and it moves to somewhere else.
what I want to count is the number of files arriving in this landing directory, before they are moved away

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Count number of files in subdirectories

Hello, I am new to unix and would like to have a count of all the files in the current directory as well as all the files in a subdirectory. The command I used was ls -R | wc -l but the number returned wasn't correct. Can someone please help? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbeverly
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count the number of files in a directory

Hi All, How do i find out the number of files in a directory using unix command ? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

count number of files in a directory

what's the script to do that? i want to only count the number of files in that directory, not including any sub directories at all (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: finalight
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Count number of files in directory excluding existing files

Hi, Please let me know how to find out number of files in a directory excluding existing files..The existing file format will be unknown..each time.. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

count of files and number of bytes

1) I need a shell code to count the number of files ( without directories or sub-directories ) in a directory given as arguments I tried this code but it didn't work , maybe I tried the wrong one: numOfFiles=`find $1 -type f -maxdepth 1 | wc -l` I found it in another thread in this site.. ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack1985
17 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count number of files and use result as variable

Hi there I have a .ksh script that I am using on an AIX ( Actual Level 5.3.10.0, Maintenance Level 5.3.0.0) where I am logging into a windows box, doing a file count on that server and returning the output to the UNIX session. I would like to exit the script at this point in time if the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimbojames
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to count number of files in directories

Hi All! I would like to have a script that will count the number of files at the top of the hour of soome directories and mail the results to me. I was thinking on : a=`/directory/subdirectory/ | wc -l` echo "/directory/subdirectory :$a" b=`/another_dir/subdir/ | wc -l` echo... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to count number of files in directory and write to new file with number of files and their name?

Hi! I just want to count number of files in a directory, and write to new text file, with number of files and their name output should look like this,, assume that below one is a new file created by script Number of files in directory = 25 1. a.txt 2. abc.txt 3. asd.dat... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
20 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to count the number of files moved?

I'm writing a script for searching substring in file content and then moving found files. So far I've wrote script shown below grep -lir 'stringtofind' $1 | xargs mv -t $2 How can i count number of files moved? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kadikis
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help for Count number of files in certain time

Chaps, I need to count number of files in a remote directory from Linux (FreeBSD) as if 10 trace files (log files) been generated within 5min of time. So this is the script then I can setup a monitoring. I came across with ls -1 \ip\d:\Logs | wc -l but then what else requires to check time... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: samwijekoon
8 Replies
DH_MOVEFILES(1) 						     Debhelper							   DH_MOVEFILES(1)

NAME
       dh_movefiles - move files out of debian/tmp into subpackages

SYNOPSIS
       dh_movefiles [debhelperoptions] [--sourcedir=dir] [-Xitem] [file...]

DESCRIPTION
       dh_movefiles is a debhelper program that is responsible for moving files out of debian/tmp or some other directory and into other package
       build directories. This may be useful if your package has a Makefile that installs everything into debian/tmp, and you need to break that
       up into subpackages.

Note: dh_install is a much better program, and you are recommended to use it instead of dh_movefiles.

FILES
       debian/package.files
	   Lists the files to be moved into a package, separated by whitespace. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can
	   also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved.

OPTIONS
       --sourcedir=dir
	   Instead of moving files out of debian/tmp (the default), this option makes it move files out of some other directory. Since the entire
	   contents of the sourcedir is moved, specifying something like --sourcedir=/ is very unsafe, so to prevent mistakes, the sourcedir must
	   be a relative filename; it cannot begin with a `/'.

-Xitem, --exclude=item
	   Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being installed.

file ...
	   Lists files to move. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory
	   will be moved. It is an error to list files here unless you use -p, -i, or -a to tell dh_movefiles which subpackage to put them in.

NOTES
       Note that files are always moved out of debian/tmp by default (even if you have instructed debhelper to use a compatibility level higher
       than one, which does not otherwise use debian/tmp for anything at all). The idea behind this is that the package that is being built can be
       told to install into debian/tmp, and then files can be moved by dh_movefiles from that directory. Any files or directories that remain are
       ignored, and get deleted by dh_clean later.

SEE ALSO
       debhelper(7)

This program is a part of debhelper.

AUTHOR
       Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org>

11.1.6ubuntu2							    2018-05-10							   DH_MOVEFILES(1)