Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Problems with Kerberos and realms Post 302866273 by ibmtech on Monday 21st of October 2013 04:28:31 PM
Old 10-21-2013
Hmm,
Since you are not using LDAP, I assume you need to modify as below

I had intregrated kerberos+LDAP (not a good combination) for one of my client back in 2011.
Code:
KRB5: 

program = /usr/lib/security/KRB5

program_64 = /usr/lib/security/KRB5_64

options = is_kadmind_compat=no,authonly,tgt_verify=no    --> make sure you add this

KRB5LDA:

options = auth=KRB5,db=BUILTIN

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Kerberos security

I have installed Kerberos security in my UNIX system but I need to disable because of an application conflict with Kerberos. So Anybody ca tell me how can I disable it? Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dansanmex
1 Replies

2. Solaris

kerberos security

i m new 2 unix world can some body explain me abt kerberos pls explain in detail..! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram.s
2 Replies

3. AIX

SSH and Kerberos

I have 2 servers (lft1 and lft3) running AIX 5.3 ML 5. Both are installed with krb5.client.rte 1.4.0.4 and openssh.base.server 4.3.0.5300. I have configured some of the users on both servers to authenticate against our Windows 2003 Active Directory. From my PC, I can use telnet to login... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asch337
1 Replies

4. AIX

NFS4 with KERBEROS

I was wondering if any of you have used NFS4 with KERBEROS in a HACMP setup and environment with more than 1 resourcegroup that has NFS mount in them. I Configures the host keys for an Network File System (NFS) server I get stuck with the nfshostkey I can only add one at a time per system so... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravager
0 Replies

5. Programming

Kerberos Authentication c/c++

I am in the process of developing a application that needs to be able to authenticate users details with a kerberos server, which is proving to be rather difficult. There seems to be a lack of good information on how to do this using the MIT kerberos api. Can anyone point me in the right... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mshindo
0 Replies

6. AIX

Auth against AD (kerberos) does not work

@kah00na and all others, i have done al steps of the HowTo "Authenticate AIX users from MSActive Directory", found in this forum, but it still does not work. The test with kinit USERNAME works fine. But if i try to login i get the "UNKNOWN_USER" error in the debug.log.All steps to change... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomys
11 Replies

7. AIX

Problems with kerberos and forest domain

Hi, I have a simple Apache setup that works fine when I create a keytab on a domain level authentication works fine. When I create a keytab at the forest level authentication does not work. I get the following error message. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong here? I validated there is the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3junior
0 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

OSX and Kerberos

Our Network Security folks have mandated that we "Kerberize" our systems to allow them to perform an authenticated scan. This consists of instructions to change /etc/pam.d/sshd from: # sshd: auth account password session auth optional pam_krb5.so use_kcminit auth optional ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnojr
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL and Kerberos authentication

I am installing Authen::Krb5::Easy and during make test I am getting the follwing error : kinit not ok 2 error was: could not get initial credentials: Cannot contact any KDC for requested realm we are stroring krb5.conf in diff location ( not in /etc/krb5.conf) , but, PERL is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talashil
1 Replies
Authen::Simple::Kerberos(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Authen::Simple::Kerberos(3pm)

NAME
Authen::Simple::Kerberos - Simple Kerberos authentication SYNOPSIS
use Authen::Simple::Kerberos; my $kerberos = Authen::Simple::Kerberos->new( realm => 'REALM.COMPANY.COM' ); if ( $kerberos->authenticate( $username, $password ) ) { # successfull authentication } # or as a mod_perl Authen handler PerlModule Authen::Simple::Apache PerlModule Authen::Simple::Kerberos PerlSetVar AuthenSimpleKerberos_realm "REALM.COMPANY.COM" <Location /protected> PerlAuthenHandler Authen::Simple::Kerberos AuthType Basic AuthName "Protected Area" Require valid-user </Location> DESCRIPTION
Kerberos authentication. METHODS
* new This method takes a hash of parameters. The following options are valid: * realm Kerberos realm. realm => 'REALM.COMPANY.COM' * log Any object that supports "debug", "info", "error" and "warn". log => Log::Log4perl->get_logger('Authen::Simple::Kerberos') * authenticate( $username, $password ) Returns true on success and false on failure. SEE ALSO
Authen::Simple. Authen::Krb5::Simple. AUTHOR
Christian Hansen "ch@ngmedia.com" COPYRIGHT
This program is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.8 2008-03-01 Authen::Simple::Kerberos(3pm)