Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk - compare 1st 15 fields of record with 20 fields Post 302865801 by mjf on Saturday 19th of October 2013 08:58:14 PM
Old 10-19-2013
Try this:

Code:
$ awk -F"|" 'NR==FNR{a[$1]=$2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 $8 $9 $10 $11 $12 $13 $14 $15;next}a[$1]==$2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 $8 $9 $10 $11 $12 $13 $14 $15{;next}a[$1]{print $0 "|C"}' file1.txt file2.txt

This User Gave Thanks to mjf For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: record has too many fields

Hi, I'm trying this command - but get this error. Do you guys have any workaround for this? cat tf|sed 's/{//g'|sed 's/,//g'|awk '{for (i=1;i<=NF;i++) {if ($i == "OPTIME") {k = i + 2; print $i,$k}}}' awk: record `2005 Jul 28 17:35:29...' has too many fields record number 15 This is how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaandana
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk sed cut? to rearrange random number of fields into 3 fields

I'm working on formatting some attendance data to meet a vendors requirements to upload to their system. With some help on the forums here, I have the data close. But they've since changed what they want. The vendor wants me to submit three fields to them. Field 1 is the studentid field,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: axo959
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare fields in 2 files using AWK

Hi unix gurus, I have a urgent requirement, I need to write a AWK script to compare each fields in 2 files using AWK. Basically my output should be like this. file1 row|num1|num2|num3 1|one|two|three 2|one|two|three file2 row|num1|num2|num3 1|one|two|three 2|one|two|four ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rashmisb
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk text record - prepend first field to all subsequent fields

Hello everyone, I've suddenly gotten very interested in sed and awk (and enjoying it quite a bit too) because of a large conversion project that we're working on. I'm currently stuck with a very inefficient process for processing text blocks. I'm sure someone here should be able to easily point out... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jameswatson3
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print all the fields of record using awk

Hi, i want to generate print statement using awk. i have 20+ and 30+ fields in each line Now its priting only first eight fields print statement as output not all. my record is as shown below filename ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghavendra.nsn
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

keeping last record among group of records with common fields (awk)

input: ref.1;rack.1;1 #group1 ref.1;rack.1;2 #group1 ref.1;rack.2;1 #group2 ref.2;rack.3;1 #group3 ref.2;rack.3;2 #group3 ref.2;rack.3;3 #group3 Among records from same group (i.e. with same 1st and 2nd field - separated by ";"), I would need to keep the last record... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare fields and keep record with bigger ID?

How do you write a shell script to compare records with the same fields then keep the biggeer id number fields (field separate by a pipe) 1150| San Jose|8|15|7|2013-02-19 00:00:00.000|2013-02-20 00:00:00.000 1263|San Jose|8|15|7|2013-02-19 00:00:00.000|2013-02-20 00:00:00.000... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabercats
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print 1st field and last 2 fields together and the rest of the fields after it using awk?

Hi experts, I need to print the first field first then last two fields should come next and then i need to print rest of the fields. Input : a1,abc,jsd,fhf,fkk,b1,b2 a2,acb,dfg,ghj,b3,c4 a3,djf,wdjg,fkg,dff,ggk,d4,d5 Expected output: a1,b1,b2,abc,jsd,fhf,fkk... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: 100bees
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk sort based on difference of fields and print all fields

Hi I have a file as below <field1> <field2> <field3> ... <field_num1> <field_num2> Trying to sort based on difference of <field_num1> and <field_num2> in desceding order and print all fields. I tried this and it doesn't sort on the difference field .. Appreciate your help. cat... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: newstart
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Is there a UNIX command that can compare fields of files with differing number of fields?

Hi, Below are the sample files. x.txt is from an Excel file that is a list of users from Windows and y.txt is a list of database account. $ head -500 x.txt y.txt ==> x.txt <== TEST01 APP_USER_PROFILE USER03 APP_USER_PROFILE TEST02 APP_USER_EXP_PROFILE TEST04 APP_USER_PROFILE USER01 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies
XCLIP-COPYFILE(1)					      General Commands Manual						 XCLIP-COPYFILE(1)

NAME
xclip-copyfile, xclip-cutfile, xclip-pastefile - copy and move files via the X clipboard SYNOPSIS
xclip-copyfile [-p] FILES... xclip-cutfile [-p] FILES... xclip-pastefile DESCRIPTION
xclip-copyfile copies files into the X clipboard, recursing into directories. xclip-cutfile copies the files, but also deletes them afterwards. -p preserve path formation xclip-pastefile pastes the files out of the clipboard EXAMPLES
Copying a file to a remote host [maggie.lkpg.cendio.se ~]$ echo "A file created on ${HOSTNAME}" > file1 [maggie.lkpg.cendio.se ~]$ xclip-copyfile file1 [sofie.homeip.net ~/doc]$ xclip-pastefile file1 [sofie.homeip.net ~/doc]$ cat file1 A file created on maggie.lkpg.cendio.se Copying an entire tree structure [sofie.homeip.net ~]$ xclip-copyfile doc [maggie.lkpg.cendio.se ~/tmp]$ xclip-pastefile doc/ doc/letter-mom-april.txt doc/file1 doc/letter-dad-march.txt Copying files with preserved path information [maggie.lkpg.cendio.se ~]$ xclip-copyfile -p /etc/sysconfig/grub tar: Removing leading `/' from member names [sofie.homeip.net ~/tmp]$ xclip-pastefile etc/sysconfig/grub [sofie.homeip.net ~/tmp]$ ls etc/sysconfig/grub etc/sysconfig/grub Moving files [sofie.homeip.net ~]$ ls letter-brother-may.txt letter-brother-may.txt [sofie.homeip.net ~]$ xclip-cutfile letter-brother-may.txt [sofie.homeip.net ~]$ ls letter-brother-may.txt ls: cannot access letter-brother-may.txt: No such file or directory [sofie.homeip.net ~]$ cd doc [sofie.homeip.net ~/doc]$ xclip-pastefile letter-brother-may.txt AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Maximilian Gass <mxey@cloudconnected.org> for the Debian project. It may be used for everything else, of course. XCLIP-COPYFILE(1)