Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Question about blocking incomming traffic Post 302865755 by bakunin on Saturday 19th of October 2013 03:23:55 PM
Old 10-19-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiC
Sure the remote server uses local port 80 to send pages back? I don't think so; it will use the originating port...
OOps, you are right. Somehow, during the several sessions it took to write the answer, i managed to confuse myself. Thanks for the correction.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Incomming EmailAttachments

Hello, I have a requirement to accept incoming email attachements on my server to be saved off and processed into a database. I can find lots of information on sending attachments but nothing about handling incomming attachments. I need to be able to test for an attachment, ensure it's ascii and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grhodes
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

blocking DHCP

I've got a legit DHCP server on my network. I've got a 3550 as my VTP server providing 4 vlans to 4 2950 switches. If somebody were to plug into one of those vlans with a DHCP server configured then it would throw off my whole network. How could i block the DHCP server that could plug into the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: byblyk
2 Replies

3. Linux

how to configure Linux for incomming connections

I have two computers running red hat, but when i use telnet command in a shell from one to another, it works. but from the other , it does not, it said: refused. i sent the security for incoming connecting, but it still not work . anyone have experience ? thanks vh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new23
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

Mac OS X IP traffic shaping question

Not sure if this considered traffic shaping or not, so I'll appreciate the enlightenment... Setup- Mac Pro, Mac OS X 10.5.6, Crashplan Pro Backup server. the Mac Pro has 2 E-net ports, en0, en1. Both E-net ports are connected to the same network, different IP's. Problem- We are planning to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pbenware
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NIC card monitoring traffic question

Folks; I have 2 NIC cards on my SUSE Linux server. One of them was reporting receive errors for a while now it's OK, but i'd like to monitor it. Is there any command i can run to tell me the usage in the past or give me a history of traffic and the speed that going on this specific card? I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Katkota
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ps blocking

Hi Folks I have been debugging a script that is called every thirty seconds. Basically it is doing a ps, well two actually, one to file (read by the getline below) and the other into a pipe. The one into the pipe is: - V_SYSVPS=/usr/sysv/bin/ps $V_SYSVPS -p$PIDLIST -o$PSARGS... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Blocking signals

I know how to add signal to a set. But what if I want to add 2 or 3 signals to the set. I know I can use sigaddset (&set,SIGBUS)....but what if I want to add SIGBUS and SIGALRM at once. Do i have to do it like this.. sigaddset (&set,SIGBUS); sigaddset (&set,SIGALRM); Is there another way to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: joker40
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris Question - How to find outgoing traffic on UDP ports

Hello All, I am trying find a command that would show me the stats of outgoing traffic on UPD ports on a Solaris 10 box. I would appreciate if anybody could help me out on this. Thank you much!!! Best Regards Sudharma. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudharma
7 Replies

9. IP Networking

blocking traffic to destination network by port

I am trying to block ALL traffic except when from ports 9100,22,23 to destination network 192.0.0.0 (my WAN): 2 networks 192.0.3.0 with static route to 192.0.0.0 Shouldn't this work?: iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -d 192.0.0.0/24 --dport 22 -j ACCEPT iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -d 192.0.0.0/24... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: herot
3 Replies

10. Programming

Which are blocking and non-blocking api's in sockets in C ?

among the below socket programming api's, please let me know which are blocking and non-blocking. socket accept bind listen write read close (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VSSajjan
2 Replies
nsd-notify(8)							    nsd 3.2.12							     nsd-notify(8)

NAME
nsd-notify - program to send NOTIFY's to remote nameservers. SYNOPSIS
nsd-notify [-4] [-6] [-h] [-a address[@port]] [-p port] [-y key:secret[:algorithm]] -z zone servers DESCRIPTION
Nsd-notify is simple program to send NOTIFY's to remote nameservers. NSD is a complete implementation of an authoritative DNS nameserver. OPTIONS
-4 Only send to IPv4 addresses. -6 Only send to IPv6 addresses. -h Print help information and exit. -a address[@port] Specify the source address (and port) to send from. -p port Specify the port to send to. -y key:secret[:algorithm] Specify a TSIG key and base64 encoded secret to sign the notification with. If the TSIG algorithm is not defined, MD5 is used. z zone Specify the zone to notify about. servers List of nameservers to send to. EXAMPLES
To run this program the standard way type: # nsd-notify -z foobar.cz 1.2.3.4 SEE ALSO
nsd(8), nsdc(8), nsd.conf(5), nsd-checkconf(8), nsd-patch(8), nsd-xfer(8), zonec(8) AUTHORS
NSD was written by NLnet Labs and RIPE NCC joint team. Please see CREDITS file in the distribution for further details. NLnet Labs jul 19, 2012 nsd-notify(8)