Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Question related to UNIX and Oracle DB Post 302865743 by solaris_1977 on Saturday 19th of October 2013 02:20:49 PM
Old 10-19-2013
T3LinkValidator is another application running on this server.
Code:
root@dsapid02-dt3d02:/# ptree 29485
29401 zsched
  198   /usr/sbin/cron
    29481 sh -c /t3/data/link-extractor/PDFExtractor.sh > /t3/data/link-extractor/logs/T3
      29485 /bin/bash /t3/data/link-extractor/PDFExtractor.sh
        29878 java T3LinkValidator
root@dsapid02-dt3d02:/# ptree 19406
29401 zsched
  198   /usr/sbin/cron
    19402 sh -c /t3/data/link-extractor/PDFExtractor.sh > /t3/data/link-extractor/logs/T3
      19406 /bin/bash /t3/data/link-extractor/PDFExtractor.sh
        21695 java T3LinkValidator
root@dsapid02-dt3d02:/#

Is it something, which needs to be taken care by owner of this application to point to correct db server and not to be taken care by db admin or sys admin ? If I know, it is broken at which level, I can get hold of that person/team.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A Question related to the net

well, I was suggested to remove the contents of the cache as i get out of the browser netscape from the .netscape folder. is that really necessary? if so what are the rest to be done? can anybody please tell me?:rolleyes: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sskb
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question related to Emailing from UNIX

Hi All, I would like to write a script which sends an email to clients. mailx -s "TEST" $EMAIL_RECIPIENTS < FILE ...will send an email to EMAIL_RECIPIENTS with TEST as the subject and FILE as the body. Now I have a another CONTROL_FILE which is constant all the times (FILE in the above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jingi1234
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

oracle related

Plz. help me for returning set of values from oracle to unix array? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: harsh_kats
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

One Question related to alias

Hello, I have created following alias in csh lab 'rlogin -l user23 complab23' but problem is complab23 does not allow automatic login by checking .rhosts file. So after typing lab on command line I have to type complicate password and if wrong password is typed thrice then account gets... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: neerajrathi2
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DOS messaging question - related to UNIX process problem

Hi, This is a strange request. I know there is some sort of crude DOS tool that allows you to communicate to another PC either using its IP adress or PC name. But I can't remember where aor what its called, any ideas? Reason for asking here, Someone has telnet'd on a UNIX server I have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nhatch
0 Replies

6. Solaris

RBAC related question.....

I am referring Bill Calkins(SCSA exam prep) for RBAC..actually i wanted to make a normal user to get the privilege to run a command through authorization, not through profile files... This is the exact steps given by Bill calkins.. 1.roleadd -m -d /export/home/adminusr -c... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

having df command related question

Hi All, When i have run the below command its showing 90% which is critical for production. for this i need the answer of some below question please help me for that. 1) i want to delete some unwanted files. how can i know the unwanted files ?Is it there any way of knowing this?? 2)and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk related question

awk "/^<Mar 31, 2012 : /,0" /app/blah.log can someone please help me figure out why the above command isn't pulling anything out from the log? basically, i want it to pull out all records, from the very first line that starts with the date "Mar 31, 2012" and that also has a time immediately... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

need downloading related help...but its not related to unix

Hi All, I am trying to dowmload the zip file "zkManageCustomers.zip " but i dont have access. Can anyone help me to download this file See the below link- http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/wa-aj-open/index.html?ca=drs- Please help me as early as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aish11
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question related to 'ps'

If I run a script called 'abc.sh' and then execute the following : ps -ef | grep 'abc.sh' I always get two rows of output, one for the executing script, and the other for the grep command that I have triggered after the pipe. Questions: Why does the second row turn up in the results. My... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jawsnnn
10 Replies
set link(1m)															      set link(1m)

NAME
set link - Changes the value of a modifiable, single-valued attribute of a soft link SYNOPSIS
cdscp set link link-name attribute-name = attribute-value ARGUMENTS
The full name of the soft link. The name of the attribute to be modified. Specify only one attribute at a time. See Description for valid attribute names. The value of a particular attribute. DESCRIPTION
The set link command changes the value of a modifiable, single-valued attribute of a soft link. The following are valid attributes: Speci- fies the full name of the directory, object entry, or other soft link to which the soft link points. Specifies a timeout value after which the soft link is either checked or deleted. The timeout value contains both an expiration time and an extension time. If a soft link expires and its target entry is deleted, the soft link is deleted. If the soft link still points to an existing entry, its life is extended by the expiration time. Specify expiration-time in the format yyyy-mm-dd-hh:mm:ss (year-month-day-hour:minute:second). Specify extension- time in the format ddd-hh:mm:ss (day-hour:minute:second). Privilege Required You must have write permission to the soft link. NOTE
This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLE
The following command redirects a soft link named /.:/admin/work_disk from its current destination name, /.:/admin/work_disk01, to a new destination name, /.:/admin/work_disk03. cdscp> set link /.:/admin/work_disk CDS_LinkTarget = /.:/admin/work_disk03 RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: create link(1m), delete link(1m), list link(1m), show link(1m) set link(1m)