Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Question about blocking incomming traffic Post 302865739 by RudiC on Saturday 19th of October 2013 02:14:47 PM
Old 10-19-2013
Sure the remote server uses local port 80 to send pages back? I don't think so; it will use the originating port...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Incomming EmailAttachments

Hello, I have a requirement to accept incoming email attachements on my server to be saved off and processed into a database. I can find lots of information on sending attachments but nothing about handling incomming attachments. I need to be able to test for an attachment, ensure it's ascii and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grhodes
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

blocking DHCP

I've got a legit DHCP server on my network. I've got a 3550 as my VTP server providing 4 vlans to 4 2950 switches. If somebody were to plug into one of those vlans with a DHCP server configured then it would throw off my whole network. How could i block the DHCP server that could plug into the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: byblyk
2 Replies

3. Linux

how to configure Linux for incomming connections

I have two computers running red hat, but when i use telnet command in a shell from one to another, it works. but from the other , it does not, it said: refused. i sent the security for incoming connecting, but it still not work . anyone have experience ? thanks vh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new23
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

Mac OS X IP traffic shaping question

Not sure if this considered traffic shaping or not, so I'll appreciate the enlightenment... Setup- Mac Pro, Mac OS X 10.5.6, Crashplan Pro Backup server. the Mac Pro has 2 E-net ports, en0, en1. Both E-net ports are connected to the same network, different IP's. Problem- We are planning to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pbenware
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NIC card monitoring traffic question

Folks; I have 2 NIC cards on my SUSE Linux server. One of them was reporting receive errors for a while now it's OK, but i'd like to monitor it. Is there any command i can run to tell me the usage in the past or give me a history of traffic and the speed that going on this specific card? I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Katkota
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ps blocking

Hi Folks I have been debugging a script that is called every thirty seconds. Basically it is doing a ps, well two actually, one to file (read by the getline below) and the other into a pipe. The one into the pipe is: - V_SYSVPS=/usr/sysv/bin/ps $V_SYSVPS -p$PIDLIST -o$PSARGS... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Blocking signals

I know how to add signal to a set. But what if I want to add 2 or 3 signals to the set. I know I can use sigaddset (&set,SIGBUS)....but what if I want to add SIGBUS and SIGALRM at once. Do i have to do it like this.. sigaddset (&set,SIGBUS); sigaddset (&set,SIGALRM); Is there another way to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: joker40
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris Question - How to find outgoing traffic on UDP ports

Hello All, I am trying find a command that would show me the stats of outgoing traffic on UPD ports on a Solaris 10 box. I would appreciate if anybody could help me out on this. Thank you much!!! Best Regards Sudharma. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudharma
7 Replies

9. IP Networking

blocking traffic to destination network by port

I am trying to block ALL traffic except when from ports 9100,22,23 to destination network 192.0.0.0 (my WAN): 2 networks 192.0.3.0 with static route to 192.0.0.0 Shouldn't this work?: iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -d 192.0.0.0/24 --dport 22 -j ACCEPT iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -d 192.0.0.0/24... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: herot
3 Replies

10. Programming

Which are blocking and non-blocking api's in sockets in C ?

among the below socket programming api's, please let me know which are blocking and non-blocking. socket accept bind listen write read close (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VSSajjan
2 Replies
ypset(1M)																 ypset(1M)

NAME
ypset - bind to particular Network Information Service server SYNOPSIS
host] domain] server Remarks The Network Information Service (NIS) was formerly known as Yellow Pages (YP). Although the name has changed, the functionality of the service remains the same. DESCRIPTION
tells to get Network Information Service (NIS) services for the specified domain from the process running on server (see ypserv(1M) and ypbind(1M)). server is the NIS server that the NIS client binds to, and is specified as either a host name or an IP address. If server is down or is not running this is not discovered until a local NIS client process tries to obtain a binding for the domain. The daemon then tests the binding set by If the binding cannot be made to the requested server, attempts to rebind to another server in the same domain present in the ypservers file. NOTE: In order to run must be initiated with the or options. For more information on how to initiate see ypbind(1M). The command is useful for binding a client node that is not on a broadcast network. If a client node exists on a broadcast network which has no NIS server running, and if there is a network with one running that is available via a gateway, can establish a binding through that gateway. It is also useful for debugging NIS client applications such as when a NIS map exists only at a single NIS server. In cases where several hosts on the local net are supplying NIS services, it is possible for to rebind to another host, even while you attempt to find out if the operation succeeded. For example, typing followed by and receiving the reply may be confusing. It could occur when host1 does not respond to because its process is not running or is overloaded, and host2, running gets the binding. The server is the NIS server to bind to, specified as either a host name or an IP address. Refer to ypfiles(4) and ypserv(1M) for an overview of the Network Information Service. Options recognizes the following options and command-line arguments: Bind server for the Version 2 NIS protocol. Set the binding on host instead of locally. host can be specified as a host name or an IP address. Use domain instead of the default domain returned by (see domainname(1)). DIAGNOSTICS
The user is not root, or ypbind was run without the flags. See ypserv(1M) for explanations of the flags. The user is not root, or ypbind was run without one of the flags. See ypserv(1M) for explanations of the flags. WARNINGS
Starting with ONCplus version B.11.31.02, the NIS Version 1 protocol is no longer available. AUTHOR
was developed by Sun Microsystems, Inc. SEE ALSO
domainname(1), ypwhich(1), ypserv(1M), ypfiles(4). ypset(1M)